Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh motorsports 2016 FIST

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
fresh off the lot
shout out to my local dealer Manderbach Ford on 5th Street Highway in Reading for the great deal and exceptional service
Butch was my salesman and truly made the transaction smooth. I was in and out in less than an hour today.

Clean sheet to start a new project

it's a 2016
no moon roof (thank goodness!)
has NAV
no Recaros
Ebony wheel option

I have lots of plans!

let the fun begin!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
CONGRATS!

That's probably where I should have gone since Fred Beans is treating me like shit!! [mad]
If this is any indication of their organization, I am very reluctant to bring the car to them even for any warranty/recall/TSB service! [nono]

The sales manager has a VERY dismissive attitude, like he cannot be bothered with any customers not buying a top of the line, fully loaded, $85K+Duramax dually crew cab, Lariat.

My salesman told me he was going to check-in and update with emails every Friday, and NOT ONE have I received in almost 4 months since the order was placed.

They also refuse to help me even try to track where this car is right now, as it was built on 9/7 which I found out on my own, with no help from them.

How is Manderbach's service dept. from what you have observed/heard so far?? (I may go that far out of my way to bring it there, in order to avoid Fred Beans' "only game in town" type attitude. [thumbdown] )

I guess there IS such a thing as a dealer network "too big to CARE". [:(]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
M sport do you even have the car yet lol
No, I do not.

I wish someone could explain to me WHY it takes over 4 months to build and ship a car to a dealer (and for some members on here, well over 6 MONTHS!!)?!?!?!? [dunno]

I also ordered my last car, and even though it was built right over our northern border in Sainte-Therese, it took 6 weeks total to get to me. [???:)] (And I thought THAT was a long time to wait for a car!!)

There really is NO excuse. [nono]

But I really don't want to discuss it any more since this thread is about the Whoosh Motorsports shop/project FiST, and NOT my wait/problems. ;)

rexdriver85

How is Manderbach's service dept. from what you have observed/heard so far?? (I may go that far out of my way to bring it there, in order to avoid Fred Beans' "only game in town" type attitude. [thumbdown] )
We're kinda hi jacking his thread here, but I would suggest checking out Fred Beans Ford in Boyertown.

They are a great bunch of people, and a Ford Performance certified dealership and parts department.

They actually send a few techs each year to Carlisle to do Ford Performance installs.

They also have a world class parts guy there who will take care of you.

Just something to keep in mind. Fred Beans is a good organization, you are just dealing with some crappy people. I worked for Fred Beans for 2 years and I didn't have a unpleasant experience.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
What's the plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
glad you asked yet I'm a little apprehensive answering that because I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

to start I'm certainly going to go full bolt on
probably concentrate on a few exterior mods and some suspension first
with all the common performance bolt-ons taking place at the same time

lots of truly amazing work out there, like your build. I enjoyed reading your thread.

I'm going to approach this like the first Caliber SRT-4 I bought
Told my wife that I was going to add a set of colder plugs and a Mopar Stage 1 PCM and that's it. Less than a year from that point I was swapping the SRT large front brakes for small base model Caliber brakes so I could run 15" slicks and running 11.8 with the car. There were a lot of other mods needed to accomplish that but you get the idea I'm sure lol

Just have to see how things move along.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
should have called this the slow-goes-it build

update

de-badged rear hatch
removed dealer decals and dealer license frame
removed Fiesta badge
added Perrin 2" "shawty" antenna - this is truly the 1st car that the short antenna has not had a negative affect on reception

parts set aside for my build

Maxton from lip (delivered in 4 days from the UK - Great service!)
cp-e FMIC
cp-e off-road downpipe
cp-e Nexus exhaust
cp-e meth charge pipe (being custom powder coated)
cp-e hotcharge pipe (being custom powder coated)
cp-e rear motor mount
COBB Access port V3
COBB A pillar mount
COBB digital Camo face plate
Mountune short shift kit
Megan Racing coilivers
Whiteline front adjustable sway bar links

Awaiting delivery or unconfirmed
Tune?
cp-e cast turbo manifold
upgraded stock turbo
street wheels
drag wheels
brake upgrade (must fit drag wheels)
window tint
molten Recaros
cp-e air intake ram air box (2016 fitment pending)(will have custom powder coated)
LSD (the differential lol)

Awaiting delivery or unconfirmed
brake upgrade (must fit drag wheels)...
I've been talking to Todd at TCE Brakes in Arizona. They sell Wilwood kits, but mentioned they can do some customs stuff, such as making a kit that will fit drag wheels. They have several measurements needed to make it work. Just a heads up for you in case you were interested.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
parts set aside for my build
Maxton from lip (delivered in 4 days from the UK - Great service!)
cp-e FMIC
cp-e off-road downpipe
cp-e Nexus exhaust
cp-e meth charge pipe (being custom powder coated)
cp-e hotcharge pipe (being custom powder coated)
cp-e rear motor mount
COBB Access port V3
COBB A pillar mount
COBB digital Camo face plate
Mountune short shift kit
Megan Racing coilivers
Whiteline front adjustable sway bar links
I want to do almost all of the same above (bought from you) except for; no aftermarket downpipe (for now at least), a regular cold side CP-E pipe, Cobb carbon fiber face plate, a boomba racing short shift kit (complete), a Triple R splitter if not a Maxton, and no coil overs for a while (plus either a GFB or boomba racing DV, and a Strat Flash tune).

I already have the AP V3, and the CP-E RMM.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
Nice!

Does Cobb offer that digi-camo plate, or did you do that yourself?
yes Cobb sells a few different hydro dipped and colored face plates for the AP
I have more than I'd care to admit. I swap them as much as I once swapped my Nokia cell phone face plates back in the day LOL

Same color/options as my 2016 FiST. Interested to heard your thoughts on the complete CPE intercooler kit and Mountune shifter once installed. Which of the Maxton lips did you order and any photos ofnitnjnstalled yet?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #18
Same color/options as my 2016 FiST. Interested to heard your thoughts on the complete CPE intercooler kit and Mountune shifter once installed. Which of the Maxton lips did you order and any photos ofnitnjnstalled yet?
the Maxton lip is their V.2 as seen on Accel Junky's build where I got the idea. It's just enough yet not too much lip to have there. Perfect IMO. The price is great. Service for being overseas is unreal.

I'll certainly let you know about all the mods as they are installed.
I should see the cp-e ram air box intake soon which will be nice too. Once I have the car mostly if not fully bolt-on I'll get it tuned rather than using the OTS maps as well

I decided to improve the cooling system too
will most likely add the entire Mishimoto radiator, expansion tank, hoses in one shot

plus adding the oil catch can today...

need to update my build list....

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
the Maxton lip is their V.2 as seen on Accel Junky's build where I got the idea. It's just enough yet not too much lip to have there. Perfect IMP. The price is great. Service for being overseas is unreal.

I'll certainly let you know about all the mods as they are installed.
I should see the cp-e ram air box intake soon which will be nice too. Once I have the car mostly if not fully bolt-on I'll get it tuned rather than using the OTS maps as well

I decided to improve the cooling system too
will most likely add the entire Mishimoto radiator, expansion tank, hoses in one shot

plus adding the oil catch can today...

need to update my build list....
So how you liking them Megan Coilovers Ron?