Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune USA Fiesta ST turbo upgrade will add 80 hp

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/15/ford-fiesta-st-mountune-turbo-kit-280-hp/

October 15, 2016 - AutoBlog

2014-ford-fiesta-st-01-1.jpg

We love the Fiesta ST just the way it is, even if it's not the fastest thing in the world. But if you want the Fiesta STs chuckable chassis with giant-slaying power, Mountune's American branch has you covered. Ken Anderson, president of Mountune's US operations, told us the company will release a turbo upgrade kit for Ford's tiniest hot hatch that will bump output to a ridiculous 280 horsepower at the flywheel.

Like Mountune's Focus ST MRX kit, the Fiesta ST MRX upgrade will include a larger turbocharger with an accompanying ECU tune. The turbo is sourced from the Garret GT2554R line and will bolt right on to the stock exhaust manifold. Mountune will also offer custom tunes to owners with additional modifications. As for the rest of the details, Anderson said they would be revealed when the kit goes on sale later this year.

This kit will be about as close as you'll be able to come to a Fiesta RS. Any hopes for a super-powered Fiesta from the factory were dashed this past January when a Ford engineer revealed that company big wigs weren't keen on the idea. Thank goodness for the aftermarket.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
2554r that bolts to the stock manifold? Hopefully it's not an ATP clone...
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it is, but mountune will claim all their parts are proprietary to their kit.
I doubt it will be any different, the meat and potatoes will be in their specialty tune...
I doubt that as well. They will probably just sell them with a base map and have randy email tune the vehicles.

This kit seems like a waste of time to me with all the other offerings out there. It will most likely cost twice as much as the equivalent atp kit, and for the coin this kit will probably cost, money would be much better invested in a DHM turbo kit or one of the much more budget friendly hybrid turbo offerings.

Too little too late Mountune.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

AzNightmare

Unless this retains warranty (and even then, that's kind of pointless imo given how solid the FiST platform has been), there's really no reason to go with mountune over any of the many alternatives that are just as reliable, and much cheaper.

If this is going to mimic the MRX for the FoST in any way, then this will be an amazing kit. I'm not saying it will be the best option in terms of turbos or the go to upgrade but If you were going to upgrade to the 2554 then I would wait for this kit. The MRX for the Focus is very well priced and there is a great comparison between the the Fullrace on the forums. If this doesn't have the abilty to put out 280+whp on pump, which it may not looking at prelim info, it's kinda hard to argue this over a hybrid. The C39 does get up there in price though when optioned out. Right now I'm not ruling this out, need more C39 data and atleast a price and dyno for this kit.

caliboy15

so how much billion dollar is this turbo? for sure it will cost arm and leg and lungs and liver

antarctica24

Mountune Upgrade

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/15/ford-fiesta-st-mountune-turbo-kit-280-hp/

October 15, 2016 - AutoBlog

View attachment 11849

We love the Fiesta ST just the way it is, even if it's not the fastest thing in the world. But if you want the Fiesta STs chuckable chassis with giant-slaying power, Mountune's American branch has you covered. Ken Anderson, president of Mountune's US operations, told us the company will release a turbo upgrade kit for Ford's tiniest hot hatch that will bump output to a ridiculous 280 horsepower at the flywheel.

Like Mountune's Focus ST MRX kit, the Fiesta ST MRX upgrade will include a larger turbocharger with an accompanying ECU tune. The turbo is sourced from the Garret GT2554R line and will bolt right on to the stock exhaust manifold. Mountune will also offer custom tunes to owners with additional modifications. As for the rest of the details, Anderson said they would be revealed when the kit goes on sale later this year.

This kit will be about as close as you'll be able to come to a Fiesta RS. Any hopes for a super-powered Fiesta from the factory were dashed this past January when a Ford engineer revealed that company big wigs weren't keen on the idea. Thank goodness for the aftermarket.
This may be the best option so far that has been available for our car. First it is coming from a company that knows out car inside and out, and is one of the only companies out there that has the blessing on some of its upgrades by Ford and in some dealers you can get done without voiding the warranty. Second, While they are a UK based company they have a physical presence here in the US and this kit will more than likely ship for free like their Focus kit.
Third, no excuses when you call them. They answer the phone and are extremely knowledgeable about their product and do not make any excuses for what they sell. Fourth, no attitude. And for those that don't want to go too far with the car, they have been testing this kit on the factory bottom end and factory clutch. And no core required. Very very cool.

Just saying.

antarctica24

so how much billion dollar is this turbo? for sure it will cost arm and leg and lungs and liver
Well considering ATP sells this turbo in kit form for $1700 and change, it should be in that price range. The focus setup is $1900.00. I think considering who is doing the kit says a lot about the potential quality of the kit.

Im pretty stoked for this. I was weighing the MR230 option for after I take my stocker to MSR Houston. Just didnt know if the MR230 would give me quite the oomph I was looking for. A 280 kit would power a plenty though.

I'm assuming we still don't have a ballpark in terms of price for this kit beyond "somewhere between a million and billion dollars" yet? I'm weighing turbo kit options and the price point is very relevant to me.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club
I think this kit will be a great option. You will even be likely to get the dealer to install the kit to keep from voiding warranty.

I think this kit will be a great option. You will even be likely to get the dealer to install the kit to keep from voiding warranty.
I highly doubt this will be warranty friendly. The MR230 kit is not warranty friendly, so there is almost no chance a turbo upgrade would be. Also, the warranty is only voided if that part causes the failure, so if you have a turbo upgrade and the stereo fails prematurely, it will likely still be covered (assuming the turbo upgrade did not cause the stereo failure).

It will be nice to see more data on this, spool time, cost, etc. It's always good to have more options.

me32

1000 Post Club
I highly doubt this will be warranty friendly. The MR230 kit is not warranty friendly, so there is almost no chance a turbo upgrade would be. Also, the warranty is only voided if that part causes the failure, so if you have a turbo upgrade and the stereo fails prematurely, it will likely still be covered (assuming the turbo upgrade did not cause the stereo failure).

It will be nice to see more data on this, spool time, cost, etc. It's always good to have more options.
thats Because it Changes the cat. Thats illegal that's why.

unless mountune wants to refund me for their totally inadequate intercooler left over from the mp215 they can keep their too late to the game turbo. along with that I would like to get a refund for the 230 upgrade and the dealer return to stock monies spent to pay for a real accesport. sorry sour grapes but it is the truth. bob

unless mountune wants to refund me for their totally inadequate intercooler left over from the mp215 they can keep their too late to the game turbo. along with that I would like to get a refund for the 230 upgrade and the dealer return to stock monies spent to pay for a real accesport. sorry sour grapes but it is the truth. bobn
There are certain things you should buy wisely (everything). It's funny you mention the AP because from what I remember for the RS this has changed from Mountune. I can say the MRX kit for the FoST is no joke and great value for the money. In general Mountune makes great stuff, but some of their parts are not geared towards people who push the limits, and some stuff is. I also never really try to put my eggs in one basket with stage kits either, always find better results from piecing my own together.

me32

1000 Post Club
unless mountune wants to refund me for their totally inadequate intercooler left over from the mp215 they can keep their too late to the game turbo. along with that I would like to get a refund for the 230 upgrade and the dealer return to stock monies spent to pay for a real accesport. sorry sour grapes but it is the truth. bobn
You make poor choices and want a refund. Must be nice to live in a fantasy