Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear shock rattle

An obvious rattle coming from the left rear suspension going over bumps. Dealer said it was a bad shock. They replaced it. Was ok for awhile and now making the same sound. I'll take it back to the dealer. Could it be something else?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
A rattle or a rubber rubbing sound? Could be the ends of the shock need lubrication. If it was the other side I would say it the exhaust as the stock hangers are very soft.

I'm having a similar issue but I have aftermarket coilovers. I checked and recheck the suspension but still can't figure it out. I have the Cobb exhaust hangers so I really don't think it's my exhaust hitting. I'm thinking about putting my gopro under there to see if I can find anything. It's only the rear right which is installed exactly the same as rear left and I've checked the shock again and again with wheel removed.

Hi

I'm having a similar issue but I have aftermarket coilovers. I checked and recheck the suspension but still can't figure it out. I have the Cobb exhaust hangers so I really don't think it's my exhaust hitting. I'm thinking about putting my gopro under there to see if I can find anything. It's only the rear right which is installed exactly the same as rear left and I've checked the shock again and again with wheel removed.
Did you figure out what was happening I'm having g this issue to with coilovers