Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS FS: WITH 2016 ENGINE!, READ MY LAST POST! 2014 Fiesta ST, 21k miles, street/track $25k in mods, just $15,9000

Trader history for RAAMaudio (0)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
I have had 2 sets of Konig Dial In, 12.8lbs, 15x9, 4x100, +35mm and now 2.5 sets of Konig Helix which are the same but weigh 13.4lbs, I was willing to add a bit more weight as the Helix is a stronger design. The Dial in had the largest internal rim diameter which I needed for my BBK design to fit the 11.75" rotors then the Helix fit as well when it became available.

The Advanti Storm is in the same in all aspects except weight a bit different and a bit smaller internal diameter.

The 949 Racing, 6UL is also made in 15x9, 4x100, +35mm, around 12lbs, they make them in 15x10 and 15x11 as well.

All these wheels require the 4x100 conversion and will require a rear camber change or cut out fenders and liners, welded in fillers and flares unless the car sat really high.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
So happy you're re-loving the car again. The power you're putting down to the wheels is great - if a person isn't stuck on the 'wrong wheel drive' aspect of the car then it truly does meet a lot of needs (for me at least).

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
I always loved it so it was a hard decision to sell it then had to distance myself a bit to make it happen though honestly I never really advertised it much, just here and three craigslist locations, two in CA where it would be hard for somebody to buy it so I guess I did not really want to let it go that badly:)

It has been frustrating spending all the time and money and having lag issues and now getting so much better, not C39 like but much better and soon it will be maximized and should be plenty fast, faster than really needed and able to handle most any driving condition except much snow unless I put on snow tires for winter but I plan to only use it on good days since retired I do not have to go anywhere if I do not want to. I might however raise it up, grippy tires, rally flaps, go have some fun in the cold next winter:)

I have built several FWD cars, a bunch of RWD and only one AWD and found it more satisfying to make a fast FWD do what most do not realize it can. Much easier to build a fast RWD, FWD is just to easy to go fast and not that rewarding but the Forester XT I built was really fun in some situations but just got to costly, $30k into mods it and not enough power to go with the handling, braking, etc, I would of ended up with $90k into the car with very expensive grenade engine, the nature of building Subaru, and Porsche engines, cost is HUGE and easy to break at least the Subbies.

Before I bought this I was building a 600HP, 2300lb, $100k 95 M3 race car and had an 05 Scion TC fully build street/track/audio comp car and a C5 Vette race car, parted and sold them off and started on a $40k 97 318ti to become a 332ti street/track car, on the lift, all apart for total rebuild, took a road trip with the RV, came home with the ST after a 5 minute test drive, went and got my wife, 5 more minutes, we fell for it right away! I bought it with intentions of just a few mods, hauled it home to UT in the trailer, on the lift at 293 miles, 9 months later first drive, first and only track weekend, back apart, more work, it had around 2k miles the first year, at the most. Since then the main miles on the car are tune runs and cruising so it has had a relatively easy life.

One thing I really like about the car is cheap used engines, happened on my last two FWD cars, one blown on the dyno by shop owner not knowing how to tune, got a 2k mile engine for $700, next up another bad tune, blew up on track, 5 holes in the block, another $700 very low mile engine but with factory oil squirters and a better head. I will find a good 2015 engine for cheap when one pops up, seal it up and put it in storage just in case as I will be hard on this engine now that I am keeping the car:)

I was about to put up the turbo system and swap to the C39 but have no stock parts at all so by the time I did it I would have quite a bit of time and money invested then sell the DHM setup of course at a loss so not really much money difference. If the GT2560R with billet wheel does not make me happy enough I will sell the turbo and put on the new GTX2860R, first of course make sure it really does spool they way it is claimed. (I expect far better spool and power out of the 2560r according to Vdyon plots I had seen or I would not of went through the hell to change turbos as it was a major job in time, money and headache to do so going from the EFR which with better tuning ended up spooling well enough I would of kept it.)

Anyway, I always loved the car but was moving my heart away from it and focusing on other aspects of life and in many ways it really does not fit in but I will just make it fit and use it a bit rougher like when we buy some property in the hills it will have to get me there and back even if a bit rough roads involved.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
With the much improved spool, sticky tires back on, dampers adjusted for them, etc, keeping the car unless I get a solid offer on what would be an acceptable alternative.

I raised the price as I want a bit more of what this car is really worth, the mods alone are right around the asking price(I rounded them up or down and will edit to be more exact later but very close right now)

New price is $24,900 or part trade, $15k cash and nice V8 4WD 4Runner, can work out the numbers a bit depending on value of trade.

Also will consider V6 AWD Venza, my wife really likes them, I can live with it and get an NB Miata for a bit of fun later on.

-----------------

Some parts listed are now for sale separately, six 15x9 Helix wheels, shift light, possibly GT2560R billet wheel turbo as may switch to the new gen GTX, 6/5k BC coilover springs(race spring option, ride is excellent, far better than stock suspension) possibly new WW race pads and used Carbotech pads, used white STB, etc.....

Have a great weekend!
Rick

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
Thanks, me too!

I went with him after seeing his results on the C39 which I know will not happen on the bottom end so waiting to see what he can do up top.
Still the bottom end is far better than it was and more linear so it feels a bit slower since not as sudden in making boost, which was not too bad but on the EFR it was like and on and off switch making it hard to control the car in some situations like a twisty mountain road. I did the same road yesterday I did with the EFR and the laggy GT2560R after his work on it I was faster and it was easier than either of those other two setup/tunes.....

My wife was afraid to drive the car with the EFR the way it was tuned as it wanted to change half a lane, etc...when it kicked in, now it barely has torque steer but making more power down low than it did before.

I need to be able to haul stuff around so bought a used 6x10 deck over ATV trailer today I am making into a 6x14 deck for the RV, part of the dog kennel, and can break it down and go haul stuff in just a few minutes of time and easy work. I will look more closely at the hitches made, see what fits the best, weighs the least, most hidden and if I do not like them I will build my own and truly hidden when not in use if possible. I built one for the C6 vette I had at the time that weighed 6lbs and passed inspection by a major hitch expert that offered me a job after he saw it:)

The trailer weighs 400lbs, has coil springs and shocks, expanded metal deck but I will replace it with something in wood, looked at the TREX or whatever it is called today, expensive and kind of heavy, looked at redwood, I think I will buy reclaimed wood instead. i have decided to buy as little new stuff as I possibly can the rest of my life, part of helping the greening back of this horribly polluted world, even if it might not matter in the end the way the human race treats this beautiful world we are lucky to live upon.

(that is why I spend the money to run an expensive cat on my car as well, even back in the 70s's my highly modded for the era 510 Datsuns with carbs always passed smog tests)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
OK, back up for sale and at $22k which is less than the mods cost and a ton of DIY labor.

I need a solid vehicle in trade and around $14k for the car.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
Much lower price, sold as is with blown head gasket, possibly cracked head or for a bit more with a 2015 or newer engine swap.

IF NOT SOLD SOON part out will commence but only for major groups like turbo kit, transmission with LSD, BBK/hubs,wheels, rear BBK will require the axle swap that would be included.

I will have smaller parts available as well but not breaking up complete systems unless a very good reason do to so.

Stock parts will be needed in trade for most all items unless I can find a good local source for them.

INSTALL available on major items if not to far away and you have a good place to work, even better if we are trading stock parts for my parts and I can bring the car there to do the work on both as many of my parts are one off and not designed for a direct swap as were not designed to sell, best flow angles, lowest weight, insulated, lowered IC, fully ducted air flow, etc......

Thanks,
Rick
775-600-5718

Last edited:

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
If part out I might be interested in trans if would ship it out. I know In past shipped transmissions in totes.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #50
No problem shipping but I need a stock trans in exchange unless I can find one locally in good shape for a low enough price.
Mine has a DIY short shift that works really well and the cable mount angles changed to line up better, welded washers in place of rubber grommets as well.
Also the shifter has a modded mount to raise up the shifter without increasing the shift length I can make a part of the deal.
The transmission works really well, has very good lube and not abused, shifter is very precise and easily feel where shifting to and from, no missed shifts:)
I have DIY urethane filled trans and passenger side engine mounts, with cleaned up and mildly polished drivers side and lightened passengerside I can sell as well, highly recommended. If you have a rear battery the custom top cover for the drivers side saves at least 2 lbs over the stock mount but will not support a battery unless a LI one.
I also have a 3 way shift light so one can set it up for their needs, I like 200 below, at and 200 above redline, never have to watch the tach that way.

I have shipped trans, diffs, engines, etc...quite a few times, pallets, crates, as needed, have built crates all the way up to fitting a full C6 Z06 race body.

Sad to hear about the overheating trouble..

Man, you gotta keep this car, and I think you know it. Raise the darn thing and grab a set of mud tires. It is going to be hard to sell with so many mods unless it is running flawlessly.

This is your baby, and finding someone to adopt it is harder than you'd imagine, especially when you want the value of it as well. Gotta take your pick: best new owner, best value of resale, or best value.. to keep it. I understand the dilemma of trying to pick, it is a hard choice.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #53
I really wanted it to go to a good home and really do have a ton of money and time into it, well taken care of, needs very little to be perfect, very fast on track and easy to drive, rides great, quieter than stock, sounds great, gets up to 42 MPG on the highway at low altitudes and cruising, 38 going up and around lake tahoe, super reliable until on a little road trip when a hose clamp decided to loosen up, very minor leak....it never got even close to overheating once before that due to all the cooling work I did even when doing so tuning runs in 114 degree heat!

I have built many cars and came out far ahead parting them to as stock as I could no matter how well done and mine always are built for real world use, reliable, well sorted out for all aspects of performance. Last modded car sold went for cheap to keep it together and the a hole trashed it in no time at all but I still wanted to sell this to a real enthusiast as well sorted as possible. Many just do not stop and consider what it would cost to build something like this in time and money and I paid zero on labor but have at least 1000 hours into it.

I seriously though of parting as close to stock with just a few much needed mods and keeping it but just need to move on as it fit our needs until an eye injury put me out of tracking it:(

I built the first 1zz turbo matrix and when I moved to the Mt Shasta area raised it up, flaps, lights, tires, very very fun but really not many appropreate roads for that here, to much traffic, not enough dirt....and my site needs to be better on dirt than on a road coarse.

When I built it I also had several times the income and expected it to grow but it has shrank and I am rather spoiled being retired for 5 years this month so do not want to take over the business, start a new one or get a job so clearing things out and actually like having a ton less stuff, much more freedom, love the RV life, where we are staying for some time, just no need for such a car now but if I did "need" it sure would not let it go, I like it far better than I did the C6 Vette I built and rarely drove:)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
Lowered to just $16,900 with blown engine, $18,900 with 2015 or newer engine with the factory head upgrade, prefer to sell as is.

I will consider selling the complete turbo system, intake to exhaust, WMI, IC, bumper beam, oil cooler, etc........this is a very serious build, many things well beyond offered by any aftermarket setup.

Also the BBKs, rear axle, wide wheels and tires, and all parts to bolt them on and go, only as a complete setup as this time as it is fully integrated as a system.

Looking for an 03 to 06 Matrix XRS for a grocery getter, prefer 05-06, in part trade.
I will consider other vehicles to make a deal work but need $12k in cash.

Rick
775-515-5355

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #56
Only the BBK I built fits under 15's, not the regular ones sold for this car.

It was a lot of effort and considerable cost to develop both the front and rear kits which I have offered the design to several companies for free to make BBKs for others but none have done so.

The Enkei RPF1 in 16x8 will also fit over my BBK but not over the other ones made for this car.

Only the BBK I built fits under 15's, not the regular ones sold for this car.

It was a lot of effort and considerable cost to develop both the front and rear kits which I have offered the design to several companies for free to make BBKs for others but none have done so.

The Enkei RPF1 in 16x8 will also fit over my BBK but not over the other ones made for this car.
That's a shame, guess they figure theres not enough interest to make tooling and build, any pics of your bbk with your 15s over them?.. not trying to jerk you around because I'm not interested in the car but would maby be interested in the kit

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #58
I would sell the kit but only if it works out for us both and front and rears together, swap parts etc.
I do not have CAD specs on the mounts, etc.....wish I had done so.
Sorry for the wait, not online much now.
Sincerely,
Rick

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #59
Car is still available and a hell of a deal for a very sorted out, fast, reliable(except blown engine caused by a bad hose clamp) easy to drive on the road, easy to drive very fast on track car. I was going to go ahead and swap in a newer engine and the GTX Gen II 2860 but got busy with RV remodel projects and now to cold out so will sell as is or fix in the spring then decide to sell or keep it.

I would love to just trade it for something we can use better for our needs since I no longer do track events.