Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW ENKEI RPF1 Group Buy, 16x7 43mm 4x108, NOW TAKING DEPOSITS. Make sure to PM

Trader history for OAKOS Automotive (0)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What made you decide on this sizing? Would it accomplish what I'm hoping for?
My guess is that everyone who bought these wheels for H/S autocross use are going to get that size in the 'go to' RE71Rs, even though they are VERY narrow in actual tread width, but match the width of the wheel. ;)

Im planning on the 205/50/16 re71's. Its What seems to be recommended by most of the autox guys and thats what I intend to do with these wheels. Im hoping to go to nationals this yr.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Im planning on the 205/50/16 re71's. Its What seems to be recommended by most of the autox guys and thats what I intend to do with these wheels. Im hoping to go to nationals this yr.
WHY this size over the 205/45s??

Does the effective lower numerical overall final drive ratio help out on longer, faster courses with fewer shifts into 3rd, to the point that it pays to give up a little turn-in response? [dunno]

WHY this size over the 205/45s??

Does the effective lower numerical overall final drive ratio help out on longer, faster courses with fewer shifts into 3rd, to the point that it pays to give up a little turn-in response? [dunno]
From what ive read the few extra mph and the extra contact patch associated with the taller tire is a plus for the 50 series. Obviously there are trade offs. Around 3lbs per tire compared to the 45 series. Also you do lose alittle turn in response and a slight loss in acceleration.

Another big factor is the price. Id have to check again but I believe it is around 30$ a tire more for the 45 series vs the 50 series. With both having advantages and disadvantages, the price is a major factor. Especially when people are going through a few sets in a yr.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^OK, but I am SURPRISED that so many on here are willing to give up those 3 pounds per corner (even at a higher $$$ cost) when it is POUNDED into our brains on this site that wheel/tire weight, especially at the outer circumference of the assembly, is the ONLY factor which matters in performance, it seems. [???:)]

^^^OK, but I am SURPRISED that so many on here are willing to give up those 3 pounds per corner (even at a higher $$$ cost) when it is POUNDED into our brains on this site that wheel/tire weight, especially at the outer circumference of the assembly, is the ONLY factor which matters in performance, it seems. [???:)]
Going 205/15-16 gives you a bit more 2nd gear so you're not wasting time shifting into and out of 3rd.

The RPF1's will be one of the lightest options out there so you'll still be gaining an advantage over someone running heavier wheel/tire packages.

I'm still up in the air on what I want to run.

RE71R 205/50-16
Rival S 1.5 215/45-16
RS4 205/45-16

I'm looking at G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2 in 205/45 R16 for daily driving use. Any opinions?

I am running this tire currently. I have used it to commute to work, autocross and even hit a track day. I must say that I am pretty impressed. Wear has been much better then the OEM tire, wet traction is outstanding, and for a 340-wear tire, grip is exceptional. They did not overheat on the track or get greasy, despite not being shaved or a track-focused tire. You can see that it's tacky enough to pick up small rocks after a few hot laps.

caliboy15

I am running this tire currently. I have used it to commute to work, autocross and even hit a track day. I must say that I am pretty impressed. Wear has been much better then the OEM tire, wet traction is outstanding, and for a 340-wear tire, grip is exceptional. They did not overheat on the track or get greasy, despite not being shaved or a track-focused tire. You can see that it's tacky enough to pick up small rocks after a few hot laps.

I have sport comp 2 too! I love the tire.. Ill be going to the track this weekend, I already used it at the track and Im really surprised!

As for the tires that are going on the Enkeis, I first went with a RE71-R in a 225/50-16. This was much too wide to fit without major modifications, so I returned them. Tire Rack gave me full credit and I was going to order the Rival-S in a 215/45-16 this spring. They saw it in my cart and just sent them to me anyway apparently because they arrived late last year. I stored them over the winter, and was going to mount them, until I saw on this board (thank you) that the new Rival S 1.5 is out. I called Tire Rack and they were cool about it...they "get" racers. They allowed me to swap out for the newer compound. Can't wait to get the RPF1 in my hand and to the shop for mount/balance/alignment!

I got mine and put 205/50/16 Dunlop Direzzas on. My car is a daily driver so not as concerned with track performance. Muteki lugs and center caps as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #176
I got mine and put 205/50/16 Dunlop Direzzas on. My car is a daily driver so not as concerned with track performance. Muteki lugs and center caps as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awesome BradApples. :D

So for anyone looking for good tire sizing. The Dunlop Direzza ZII's he has tend to run on the wide side. His tires are probably comparable to a 215/45 for a standard summer or all season tire.

Good tire sizes that will be very close to the total diameter of the stock 205/40R17 tires would be:
205/45R16
205/50R16
215/45R16

We lost power here at Oakos yesterday and are still out so we have not taken delivery of the rest of the RPF1's yet. Hopefully we are back up and fully running tomorrow so we can take delivery and start shipping them out to you guys. :D

-Ty-

Any word when the next group buy will start Oakos? Seems like there is a ton of interest from the guys that missed out on the first go around.

I really really really hope they will clear my wilwood bbk