Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Future custom tune?

Hello everyone, I wanted to ponder other people's minds about custom tuning for the FiST. Short background in my case, I went about looking for an upgraded tune for my car around 600 miles, and since at that time my car was still otherwise factory-stock, I went with the Cobb AP, and have been running their stage 1 93oct. OTS map for around the past 4000 miles now. I must admit, for an OTS map, the tune has been fantastic, and the car has run absolutely perfect. However now, I've modified the car a fair amount since that point, and am now running a turbo back straight pipe (Milltek 3"-2.5" DP, 2.5" cat-back), an Injen SP intake as well as a Turbosmart BOV, so I figure now is a good time to go about switching to a custom tune to fit my car specifically given the physical modifications it now has.

Without turning this into a poll thread, I wanted to ask others here who they think I realistically should go to for this. I come from the UK car scene (current project car is a Mk.II MG Midget), so I'm very familiar with names such as M Sport, Pumaspeed, Mountune, etc when it comes to ST's and RS's, and I've been considering going to Mountune for a tune, as I know especially that Mr. Randy here in the US gets nothing but praise for his work. However in my case, there's one hiccup in that option, in that my Accessport did not come from Mountune specifically, and I understand that you have to have gotten an AP directly from Mountune in order to use their tunes, or something similar. Regardless, as much as I do respect Mountune, I'm not going to go about spending an extra $500 for a second AP simply to use one custom map, so I'm open to other suggestions as well. In my case, Boomba Racing is also a 20 minutes drive.

Many thanks in advance everyone.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I will let others chime in on their fave tuners for your given mods, but just so you know, M-SPORT does not do ANY tuning/parts support in this country, save for supplying Tim O'Neil Motorsports with the availability of the Fiesta R2 rally 'kits', and supporting Ken Block's personal World Rallycross/GRC, and Rally America open class 'sort of' R5 Fiesta RS.

In fact, I had a hard time ordering even their lower IC grille for my car direct from Cumbria, and could not even find out whether or not it would fit in the USDM 5 doors' fascia/bumper or not (but I ordered it anyway, as it is a "must have" for me! LOL).

TUX15ST

Depending how much your looking to spend, your mods aren't really all that crazy where you would need a custom tune per say, a stratified flash tune could be the best of both worlds for you. At around $50 it is significantly better than an ots tune and only slightly worse than a custom tune at a fraction of the cost. Plus you don't have to worry about doing a bunch of datalogs and waiting for tune to be dialed in. Otherwise if you were going full custom i would say go with dhm, everything ive seen shows them having the best tq gains which i loved, but thats just me

There's not really a right or wrong answer to your question. The well known tuners on this site all have pretty solid reputations. So far I've run the Cobb OTS tunes, 2 variations of the Stratified flash tunes, and now went with the life tune option from Adam at Tune+. If you're not looking to get crazy, the best bang for the buck is the Stratified flash tune. It's substantially more refined than the Cobb OTS maps, at a reasonable price. The custom tune from Adam is equally more refined than the flash tune, but it comes with a price tag. I can honestly say I have no regrets from any of the tuning options I've tried so far. With the life tune option, I like that I spent the money now, and as my car evolves I can constantly refine the tune without spending any more money.