Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

So close to a super rare st

The owner is a lucky dude. Liquid Blue looks great but really it's those white and black recoros that make me swoon. If I could change anything on the ST it would be the steering wheel to alcantara and a nicer color scheme for the seats.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The owner is a lucky dude. Liquid Blue looks great but really it's those white and black recoros that make me swoon. If I could change anything on the ST it would be the steering wheel to alcantara and a nicer color scheme for the seats.
I don't care about the Recaros, just give me that wheel, or an ALL alcantara wheel from the factory (even as an extra cost option).

Truth be told, now after driving the FiST for a couple of days, the stock wheel seems HUGE, almost like a truck wheel to me, coming from a 330mm Sparco alcantara wheel in my last car (which was much bigger/heavier than this one). [:(]

Did you finally get your car?! Congrats!

And yeah the audi I came from had a much smaller wheel, it does seem rather large.

But the seats I have are comfy, everything about the car is damn near perfect if the wheel had a bit more grip (alcantara) then I'd be all over it

Steve@Tasca

Vendor
Pretty cool car, I just ran the VIN and it looks like it came off the assembly line in Oxford White with base seats.

-Steve

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did you finally get your car?! Congrats!
Yeah, THANKS! [thumb]

I did not announce it, or make a big deal about it since it was kind of anti-climatic after waiting soooooo long for it.

Sadly, Ford (and that dealer) 'took the wind out of my sails' and stole ALL of the joy of taking delivery away from me.

Even against the 'advice' of all the naysayers on here, (and even my own son) I may just swap out the wheel to another Sparco 383 suede/alcantara deal in the near future (along with aftermarket seats), since I must do everything I can to REALLY enjoy this car!

yeah i hope you enjoy it! I'd much more likely get an alcantara wrap for the stock wheel

Or maybe look into shortening the diameter (or making a new shape) that fits the airbag piece

I just wish they would offer the FiST in grabber blue.
if you really wanna make grabber blue you could always use 3M Gloss Sky Blue

http://www.metrorestyling.com/3M-1080-G77-Scotchprint-Gloss-Sky-Blue-Vinyl-Wrap-p/gloss1080g77.htm

Grabber Blue is such a hard color to gauge tbh, in some photos it's closer to the new nitrous blue and then in other photos it's closer to BMW Laguna Seca

I actually vinyl wrapped my last car (audi a6) in azure blue and it's a pretty painless process

I work for a large format color printing company and we can do this type of vinyl work I just don't have the patience to wrap a car. Also I don't want to spend nearly $1k to do so either lol.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
If someone has an account on Kinja, please invite him on here. I'm curious what he meant by not being able to put the clear bra on. Wonder if the paint is really cheap or if its a wrap.

If someone has an account on Kinja, please invite him on here. I'm curious what he meant by not being able to put the clear bra on. Wonder if the paint is really cheap or if its a wrap.
Hey. It's not a wrap. As far as I can tell, the paint is everywhere you might expect on a factory paint job - door jambs, underside of hood, etc. I assume it was painted during manufacture (paint is under the VIN / tire pressure stickers). The installer was concerned that the paint would be stressed too much by the installation of the paint protection film which - as he explained it to me - requires a large amount of stretching and some flexing of the surface. He didn't want to risk damaging an irreplaceable paint job (and neither did I - he's the expert).

Steve@Tasca

Vendor
Hey. It's not a wrap. As far as I can tell, the paint is everywhere you might expect on a factory paint job - door jambs, underside of hood, etc. I assume it was painted during manufacture (paint is under the VIN / tire pressure stickers). The installer was concerned that the paint would be stressed too much by the installation of the paint protection film which - as he explained it to me - requires a large amount of stretching and some flexing of the surface. He didn't want to risk damaging an irreplaceable paint job (and neither did I - he's the expert).
it was repainted after production, came down the line in white.

FWIW I talked to the guy on Oppo and he was told not to clear bra it because the car was painted pretty hastily for the show circuit (makes sense it wasn't really meant to be sold to general public) and if he clear bra'd it there's a strong possibility that it would lift the paint during application (you'd have to be a vinyl god to perfectly place vinyl on the first go)