Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

So close to a super rare st

So I currently drive an ecoboost mustang and was driving a member of the st family before, albeit the chunkier older brother, the Focus St. I was browsing the internet as I often do, car shopping when i really don't need a new car, but car ADD was kicking in and I was pretty sold on the idea of getting something a little cheaper and less costly to ensure to free up some cash flow.
Suddenly I stumbled upon a blue FiST located pretty far from me at a wholesale dealer just outside Nashville TN. Something looked a bit different about this "performance blue" fiesta. Then it happened, I saw the interior. This was no ordinary performance blue st, this was the ONE and I am pretty certain ONLY Liquid Blue fiesta st that had made its rounds in the big Auto Shows.
Everything added up, 57 original miles, custom one off white and blue recaro seats, apparent alcantara on the wheel. I couldn't believe my eyes. Not only that, but it was being sold at a steal of a price as well. I immediately emailed the dealer and received a call back within an hour. I waited til I left work to return the call, and spoke with a gentleman who informed me they sell many cars at dealer only auctions and this could disappear quickly.
Alas, the next day it disappeared from their online listing, and after a few emails and un-returned calls, I finally got through to the man a couple days later and was told that it had indeed sold but he didn't have the details of who bought it. He confirmed it was a dealer auction and advised me to continue to search the VIN to try and track it down.
For weeks I checked, daily at first and then slowly becoming once every 2 days, then 3. After over 6 weeks, without seeing a trace of it anywhere, I basically gave up on it.

Well fast forward to tonight, and I happen to pull up the vin, conduct another search and again, as has been the case, no new results. While checking a cached version of the original sale listing I saw, I accidentally clicked on the view carfax icon.
That's when I saw the unfortunate news for me, but very good news for the lucky new owner. It was listed for sale in Michigan, and within 1 day was sold to it's amazingly lucky new owner. All the while it was missing, I continued to check on the forum here to see if a new owner would post about it, surely bragging about the rare find. I do hope that the buyer realizes exactly what they have, although it could just as well have been someone who has no idea that it's a rare one off, and just thought, oh, these recaros look nice with this blue.

I was going to create this post sooner, but in all honesty I was selfishly withholding the info that the Liquid Blue fiesta was possibly on the market as I didn't want to cost myself a chance to snag it. Def would have been amazing to have the only one in existence, but probably would have also been pretty paranoid about screwing the paint off since there is no way to get an exact match for it.

Cheers to the lucky new owner! Enjoy the hell out of it and drive it like it's meant to be driven.

Original Ad I stumbled upon
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...Photos/Details.aspx+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

That liquid blue is a pretty sweet color. Would be afraid to daily it though with the white accents on the recaros however

Lol at the people saying welcome aboard when he didn't get a fiST

I was browsing the internet as I often do, car shopping when i really don't need a new car, but car ADD was kicking in and I was pretty sold on the idea of getting something a little cheaper and less costly to ensure to free up some cash flow.
Careful... that's how you end up with 4 cars... I was actually cross shopping the Fiesta ST with a used ecoboost mustang, but finding one of those with a manual and cheap seems to be nearly impossible...

OP
E
Thread Starter #15
Careful... that's how you end up with 4 cars... I was actually cross shopping the Fiesta ST with a used ecoboost mustang, but finding one of those with a manual and cheap seems to be nearly impossible...
HAHA I know I will def wind up with too many cars at some point. I unfortunately just let mine go for way less than I had hoped. 17k on the clock, triple yellow eco with Recaro seats, performance pack and manual. Also had a great exhaust and I take and let it go for 18.5 after 2 mos of trying to sell privately. Timing has been cruel as a guy emails me the next day and offered 21 but it was already gone

HAHA I know I will def wind up with too many cars at some point. I unfortunately just let mine go for way less than I had hoped. 17k on the clock, triple yellow eco with Recaro seats, performance pack and manual. Also had a great exhaust and I take and let it go for 18.5 after 2 mos of trying to sell privately. Timing has been cruel as a guy emails me the next day and offered 21 but it was already gone
Uhh, yeah, i would have been all over that like stickers on a Honda. Damn... :(

Really cool story. Reading your post and looking at the linked photos I was thinking about that Ford ad with the blue fleet of performance Fords lined up, with the little FiST on the side, wondering if this was that car and in the Opposite Lock article, the writer linked to the image as well!

Such a cool story. Love the uniqueness in appearance and history of this special FiST. While unfortunate that OP didn't get to purchase, it sounds like it still went to an appreciative owner.

Nice, I definitely like that blue. Not a huge fan of the white on the Recaros. But I like my orange car a bit more. It would mostly just be cool to have a one off color and interior on a car that's already pretty uncommon on the roads.