Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Velossa Tech Diffuser Fins - Fiesta ST

Trader history for VelossaTech (0)

joesiris

that green looks super great, I kinda dig the tron look, makes me think if I did the same thing in red on my magnetic it could turn out pretty nice

AzNightmare

Got my set today and I am not sure how I feel. I love how they look in pics on cars, but when I look at them up close they are wavy and inconsistent.

http://imgur.com/a/0JvmE

Yep, the same thing I noticed when I got my set. I was surprised that the finish wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I was also worried about the color match so I ended up sanding the finish and repainting it with matching car paint.

I'm just a bit OCD, but honestly, once it's installed, no one's gonna notice the finish.

joesiris

to be fair they are 3d printed right, ive messed with the printers a bit and even the high end machines will leave the wavy "fingerprint" of the printer, but nightmare, looks like you did a great job with the refinish

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #193
^ yea we are actually in the middle of upgrading our entire chemical treatment bathing system using a new mixture and air supply, which will lay the finish down perfect with zero variation. I will be making an announcement in the near future about this new breakthrough we have been working hard on!

^ yea we are actually in the middle of upgrading our entire chemical treatment bathing system using a new mixture and air supply, which will lay the finish down perfect with zero variation. I will be making an announcement in the near future about this new breakthrough we have been working hard on!
I was planning on getting these in the short future - should I hold off until this is announced? Do you have an estimate ETA?

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #195
I was planning on getting these in the short future - should I hold off until this is announced? Do you have an estimate ETA?
If you submit the order as of today you will get revised treatment fins, there will be a 1-2 week lead time as most of our parts are made to order. I would love to show you guys a picture of the new baths but it is very strict company secret although, very exciting. If anyone out there has a set of fins that they have no installed, and are looking to make an exchange with the latest treatments shoot me a PM and I will be glad to give you what we got! I didnt want to make the announcement just yet but I think it's time.

We are probably going to call it the Nu-Finish process and we are also planning on making a soft redesign to the Fist big mouths and calling it a Gen 3 BIG MOUTH with Nu-Finish. Things are cooking.

Best,

D

I'm interested in black. How do you figure out the exact spacing so it looks evenly spread? Is there a template? How long until the new Big Mouth comes out? I'd like to purchase that too.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I'm interested in black. How do you figure out the exact spacing so it looks evenly spread? Is there a template? How long until the new Big Mouth comes out? I'd like to purchase that too.
They are pretty easy to eyeball. Personally I found the center and used the honeycomb pattern to count equal distance from center.

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #198
I've attached the instruction manual to this post, it is downloadable as well on the product page on our web store.

The new BIG MOUTH soft redesign will be done by the end of this weekend.

Best,

D

Attachments

joesiris

it looks like they are about even with the bottom of the exhaust, any issues with scraping on speed bumps or gnarly driveways?