Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Velossa Tech Diffuser Fins - Fiesta ST

Trader history for VelossaTech (0)

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #101
Got them in the mail yesterday. Looks like the paint was still not hard yet. The bubble wrap has left dots on them. I'll repaint to satin vs glossy anyway.
Hey fella! If you are in any way unsatisfied please let me know ASAP via PM and I will have a new set on the way to you. We stand behind quality! Contact me if you need any assistance.

AzNightmare

Not bad on this color match, thanks for the pics James!

That looks like a Nitro Blue custom painted valance. Unfortunately, I don't think most people would have their Fiesta's in that colour.
Do you have any pics of white? I looked at a pic of a white Focus ST with white fin and the match wasn't all that great to be honest. Not sure if it's the lighting..

TUX15ST

Got my set as well today, have some minor qc issues as well, finish is a little spotty and has some marking from the paper protectors, but im just going to run with them as is, you cant really see much of them anyway so they dont need to be perfect. Guess thats the price you pay being the first couple orders lol

AzNightmare

Got my set as well today, have some minor qc issues as well, finish is a little spotty and has some marking from the paper protectors, but im just going to run with them as is, you cant really see much of them anyway so they dont need to be perfect. Guess thats the price you pay being the first couple orders lol
Can you please take some pics? Like how bad is it or pretty minor?

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #106
I'll make sure we take a look at the coat we use and prevent that from happening, seems like the bubble wrap is reacting with it.

Contact me if you guy need anything.

TUX15ST

They seemed to be packed well, i think the paint is just too fresh and soft at the time they are shipping, my container smelled super strong like fresh paint. Is the coating you use able to be polished? or even sanded slightly then polished?

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #108
They seemed to be packed well, i think the paint is just too fresh and soft at the time they are shipping, my container smelled super strong like fresh paint. Is the coating you use able to be polished? or even sanded slightly then polished?
I think it is able to be polished. I also think the swings in humidity caused it, we had ridiculously strange humid days here in south florida and then a week straight of drier/cooler which I think played a role. I generally wait a full 24 hours for the polyurethane to cure, I think I am going to either wait longer or change the poly I use, either way, will never happen again. Thanks for the input buds.

I'm super sorry this happened as I am obsessed with quality, mistakes happen and I really do lose sleep over these freak occurrences!!

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
we'll never forgive youuuu! in fact, I'm going to make my own outta cardboard, wrap them in aluminum foil, and paint them with a sharpie!

I'm interested. Would need color matched molten orange or black. Would like to see pics especially molten orange with black fins
I just had my order held because I wanted fins that closer matched MO, still waiting for the plastics to arrive before they're even printed. So there will be pics of the plastics that closer match MO, and I'll post pics when I get them installed

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
no no no the rodent really captures the moment

you should probably put up another pic of the fins tho cuz now on Tapatalk ur thread comes up with that pic of Alvin having a really bad day lol