Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Group Buy: cp-e Nexus exhaust with custom options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #443
kansei,
what is not being said here is the fact that if you have a different downpipe other than cp-e you will have to modify the fit of the exhaust.example,one of the pipes came out of round so of course it will not fit until you can make it round again.in my case the hangers and bushings would not fit with my MAP downpipe.i had to bend hangers to make it fit.some guys are lucky and they have no problems.you and i are not lucky lol.good luck with the install.
That's weird, cuz mine went together beautifully, and I was part of the group buy. Took me about 3.5 hours with 4 jack stands, a sawzall, basic hand tools, and an 18" breaker bar. I also hung it on the TS heavy duty hangers so it doesn't move around (I highly recommend silicone spray lubricant to help with installing the hangers). I haven't heard about having to modifying it to bolt up to a downpipe. I currently have the stock downpipe, and it bolted right up, tho I'm planning on changing the downpipe soon. As far as I'd heard, this exhaust was supposed to bolt right up to any stock location downpipe. Maybe [MENTION=2728]CP-E Mitch[/MENTION] can comment on this.
It's going on an otherwise stock car, no fitment adjustments should be expected. The pieces that are made to slip together don't, and I'll have to take it to a shop somewhere to get them made round. This is what I was trying to avoid going with the "premium" CP-E product.

Not a big deal at all, just disappointing especially as someone interested in the CP-E intake group buy.
Exhaust is on the car with the Depo DP. Install went fine. 3 hrs total for all. Holy crap, it sounds awesome. Stage 3 definitely has a lot more power. Video here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPg7BSpj1ul/

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

sounds great

#noshoutoutsonIG
[sad]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have Titan finish. Logo is on the one side which indicates which way it goes.
The Black coating would rid itself of the logo for sure.
Actually, I ordered the black satin tip powder coated version, and it DID have the cp-e logo on the side in silver.

The CeraKoting (which I did) is what eliminated the logo. [wink]

The tips on mine have no logos....should they?
the logo was super subtle on the satin finish, barely visible at all on mine.

I installed mine today, did the lowered subframe route but then a guy at the shop came over and saw that i wasn't using the angle grinder he let me borrow (with no guard or handle and a big 6" cutoff wheel on it) and buzzed the exhaust in half. looked pretty easy.

It took me almost 2.5 hours since i was fighting with a sawzall for a bit. Basically cost me just as much in shop time as it would have to pay someone to install, but feels way better.

the sound is.. well I was giggling the whole way home. Probably going to have to swap to my stratified tune without crackles and pops though, the crackle and pop sound (which is all the tune) on engine braking draws a *lot* of attention, and sets off car alarms lol.

the tone of the exhaust itself is lovely though, you can hear the helmholtz resonator working magic I think too --slowly climbing through the RPMs there's a band where the volume level is quite noticeably different

oh and a pic

How tight did you all make the ball joint clamp? I can tighten it until its all the way closed fairly easily, is that normal? Otherwise i'm in love with the set-up. The weather is too awful to pull the car out of the garage but i start it up and listen to it purr every day after work hah.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
How tight did you all make the ball joint clamp? I can tighten it until its all the way closed fairly easily, is that normal? Otherwise i'm in love with the set-up. The weather is too awful to pull the car out of the garage but i start it up and listen to it purr every day after work hah.
Good on you for listening to the guy that recommended the setup to ya:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since driving in winter. The tips on the titan finish have some almost rust stains. On a polished exhaust I'd normally just use steel wool or something. It since this is more of a matte finish. Any tips on cleaning it correctly?
Was debating just emailing cp-e directly.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #453
Since driving in winter. The tips on the titan finish have some almost rust stains. On a polished exhaust I'd normally just use steel wool or something. It since this is more of a matte finish. Any tips on cleaning it correctly?
Was debating just emailing cp-e directly.
heavy duty magic eraser

SICKESSS-ST

we will start taking deposits for your custom orders tonight
deposits will be an option on the site or you may pay in full, your choice

cp-e Nexus exhaust

options are:

1.) standard with resonator
2.) replace resonator with optional resonator delete pipe
3.) tip color options : Titan finish (satin silver), polished, or Matte Black (Basically powder coated Satin Black)

Price breaks are as follows

5 exhaust orders = $685 FREE SHIPPING to anywhere in the US
10 exhaust orders = $625 FREE SHIPPING to anywhere in the US

*manufacturing, custom options, and shipping are all baked into the price so pick up or any options you select will not change pricing.

as a comparison the regular MSRP on this kit is $789 plus shipping which is usually $45-$70 depending where you live in the US[unbelieveable]
The savings is pretty amazing gents and the customization is a first for this kit!

Let me know if you have any questions....

link to my site to check out the exhaust...I will add the "deposit of $200 option shortly later this afternoon to the site

http://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/ford-fiesta-st-nexus-3-cat-back-exhaust

video of the standard exhaust with resonator sound

https://vimeo.com/163258878

EXAMPLE of exhaust tip colors :

THE LIST!!!!

1. M-Sport fan - with resonator - matte black tips
2. miguel.in.az - with resonator - polished tips
3. Spymac - with resonator - polished tips
4. OgnNinja - with resonator - Titan finish tips
5. gabe - with resonator - matte black tips
6. RED RYDER - with resonator - polished tips
7. Silo - with resonator - matte black tips
8. SoyFiesta - with resonator - Titan finish tips
9. Kansei - with resonator - Titan finish tips
10. gonktired - with resonator - Titan finish tips

ok it's up

I have a link for the deposit here:
http://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/ford-fiesta-st-nexus-3-cat-back-exhaust

and a link for those that want to pay the balance off right away here:
http://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/copy-of-cp-e-ford-fiesta-st-nexus-3-cat-back-exhaust-group-buy

PM sent! [twothumb]