Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Group Buy: cp-e Nexus exhaust with custom options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #101
For those that may not be aware of the fiesta's soft hangers, stiffer ones are a must to keep it from moving around and rattling while driving.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/exhaust/ford-fiesta-st-exhaust-hanger-kit

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
thanks,
I have Fiesta ST poly hangers on my site from Torque Solution that are priced a bit less than Cobb

check them out:
http://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/torque-solution-fiesta-st-poly-exhaust-hanger-kit

Yeah I just know I was disappointed when I installed mine and saw how much movement was in the system so I had to suffer a week with the stock ones lol

[MENTION=3822]worfab[/MENTION] do the poly hangers transmit more noticeable vibration or noise than the stock hangers? Do they squeak at all?

[MENTION=3822]worfab[/MENTION] do the poly hangers transmit more noticeable vibration or noise than the stock hangers? Do they squeak at all?
No squeak or vibrations but it does help to install with some wd40, they fit snug!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
For those that may not be aware of the fiesta's soft hangers, stiffer ones are a must to keep it from moving around and rattling while driving.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/exhaust/ford-fiesta-st-exhaust-hanger-kit
First of all yes, THANK YOU for posting those pics!! [twothumb]

Next, I was going to ask you if that 'Stealth Pipe' section under the bumper ever knocks/rattles against the bumper bracing/mount, but I'm guessing that the Cobb/Powerflex/Torque Solution hangers prevent this from ever happening? [dunno]

Also, what holds that tailpipe ball socket type connection in one solid position without any actual clamp on there to lock it in? [???:)]

[MENTION=4438]M-Sport fan[/MENTION]
my understanding is that the system is attached with the clamps shown in my attachment. I believe you can see it in worfab's pics but he showed you the smooth side of the clamp holding the exhaust tip in place.

Attachments

First of all yes, THANK YOU for posting those pics!! [twothumb]

Next, I was going to ask you if that 'Stealth Pipe' section under the bumper ever knocks/rattles against the bumper bracing/mount, but I'm guessing that the Cobb/Powerflex/Torque Solution hangers prevent this from ever happening? [dunno]

Also, what holds that tailpipe ball socket type connection in one solid position without any actual clamp on there to lock it in? [???:)]
Yeah one clamp matches the ball connection, which is nice cause you can get the tips positioned how ever you like.

There is plenty of room for the stealth pipe

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^OK, thanks to both above.

I guess if one looks at the clamp pics very carefully you can see that clamp #3 above is curved to match the ball and socket joint of the over axle/Stealth Pipe section and the tail pipe section.

After much debating, I'll add my name as the 10th. The price is too good to pass up.

With resonator and satin tips.
Great! I feel as if we are in the same boat. I have a ton of concerns regarding the sound that I don't believe anyone has answered or can answer (sound sensitivity is so very subjective). In fact, 20 something me would have likely praised exhaust systems that 30 something me would despise! But with the available info and the very reasonable price, I'm confident in taking a chance.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My ONLY regret would be if I get this system, and then the Tomei IS released in a 3" system which ends up being 20 lbs. lighter, even though it will be over twice the price.

My ONLY regret would be if I get this system, and then the Tomei IS released in a 3" system which ends up being 20 lbs. lighter, even though it will be over twice the price.
Hey, if you got that kind of money to throw at an exhaust, you could easily eat the hundred you may lose after you sell the cp-e :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hey, if you got that kind of money to throw at an exhaust, you could easily eat the hundred you may lose after you sell the cp-e :)
Nah, I will keep this system once I buy it, as I really cannot afford to be changing it every other month like some on here, and those on the f body forums do (at least not if I want to be able to do ANY other mods like wheels/tires, Boomba BOV, catch can, and CP-E IC, or DHM IC & crash bar, let alone aftermarket seats).

I assume this is closed with all 10 spots being filled, or are you taking interest for another 5 maybe? ;)
Hmm, Ron did say there would be pricing for 5, 10 and 15 orders... curious to see what the 15 price would be. At this point im 100% in and just waiting for the deposit link. Maybe he could arrange to take the 10 deposits and if we get 5 more, everyone could take advantage of the 15 pricing since there is a 3-4 week lead time.