Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Group Buy: cp-e Nexus exhaust with custom options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #384
Thanks again for all your help getting it all resolved with CP-E. Excellent customer service, I'll definitely be a repeat customer
thank you

cp-e intake group buy?
cough cough LOL

[wave]

Thanks Ron! Gonna drive to the US on Saturday and grab it. Looks like it will be there Thursday or Friday.

Maybe have it installed by end of the weekend...we'll see how cold it is lol

Damn APO shipping restrictions. Just waiting to get the bill for shipping the exhaust split into two packages...Thanks for all the updates

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #389
Damn APO shipping restrictions. Just waiting to get the bill for shipping the exhaust split into two packages...Thanks for all the updates
it won't be too bad - give me a little time
I'm working on yours[cheers]

Exhaust came today! Couple problems unfortunately...the end of the resonator section is not circular and does not fit into the mid pipe. I think whatever shop I have install it will be able to get it circular enough to fit, and the clamp should squish it enough so there aren't any leaks, at least I hope. Secondly, the helmholtz part is angled down towards where the tips go. Not sure of this is normal, but when placing the tips to be straight with the pipe it hits them. Once it's on the car I have a feeling I'll be able to adjust it so this isn't the case but we shall see. Lastly, and thus isn't a huge deal cause I'm sure it's gonna get banged up on the car, but the finish on the tips is scratched in some places and not as clean as I was expecting. Not sure if CP-E was rushing on these or what but the quality is less than expected. That being said, the welds are beautiful and I'll keep my fingers crossed the issues I have don't make it uninstallable!

Oh wow...do you think they maybe got banged up shipping? Or does it look like a build quality issue
That was my first thought, but the box wasn't beat up at all and everything was packaged really well. There are also a lot of little metal ball things in all the pipes, idk if it's residue from manufacturing or what but it's strange.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #395
Exhaust came today! Couple problems unfortunately...the end of the resonator section is not circular and does not fit into the mid pipe. I think whatever shop I have install it will be able to get it circular enough to fit, and the clamp should squish it enough so there aren't any leaks, at least I hope. Secondly, the helmholtz part is angled down towards where the tips go. Not sure of this is normal, but when placing the tips to be straight with the pipe it hits them. Once it's on the car I have a feeling I'll be able to adjust it so this isn't the case but we shall see. Lastly, and thus isn't a huge deal cause I'm sure it's gonna get banged up on the car, but the finish on the tips is scratched in some places and not as clean as I was expecting. Not sure if CP-E was rushing on these or what but the quality is less than expected. That being said, the welds are beautiful and I'll keep my fingers crossed the issues I have don't make it uninstallable!

the out of round pipe is shipping - even if the box appeared to be OK, if it was compressed or had enough weight on the pipe would bend
any pipe expander could fix that right up like you mentioned and I do appreciate you knowing that and taking care of that

the tip section is another story
the black tips are powder coated than the Titan finish is blasted. The chips are from the Black sections not being covered properly. If the finish isn't good enough for you I'll have cp-e issue a return label for this tip section for a refinish of the black tips. I want you to e happy with your purchase.

Lastly, the positioning of the hemholtz section as it related to where the tip section mounts is correct. The tip section is fully adjustable and will not hit the hemholtz

the out of round pipe is shipping - even if the box appeared to be OK, if it was compressed or had enough weight on the pipe would bend
any pipe expander could fix that right up like you mentioned and I do appreciate you knowing that and taking care of that

the tip section is another story
the black tips are powder coated than the Titan finish is blasted. The chips are from the Black sections not being covered properly. If the finish isn't good enough for you I'll have cp-e issue a return label for this tip section for a refinish of the black tips. I want you to e happy with your purchase.

Lastly, the positioning of the hemholtz section as it related to where the tip section mounts is correct. The tip section is fully adjustable and will not hit the hemholtz
Alright, good to know, thanks Ron. It being bent due to shipping does make sense, and I'd like to think CP-E wouldn't see an oval end and say "that looks good". As far as the tips go, I appreciate you being willing to work with me to get the tips refinished. I'm going to inspect them a bit more tomorrow, I don't think they are in such a bad shape where I'd notice it once it's on the car. And the parts that are missing paint are so small I could prolly just fill them in with sharpie and no one would notice haha.

For anyone who has the Cobb exhaust hangers and was wondering why you have three of their hangers when the CP-E exhaust clearly has four, Cobb says replacing 3 out of 4 is good enough to reduce motoin and to replace the last 3. If you don't already have aftermarket hangers, buy from Ron where the 4 hanger kit is cheaper than Cobb's 3 hanger kit anyway.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #398
For anyone who has the Cobb exhaust hangers and was wondering why you have three of their hangers when the CP-E exhaust clearly has four, Cobb says replacing 3 out of 4 is good enough to reduce motoin and to replace the last 3. If you don't already have aftermarket hangers, buy from Ron where the 4 hanger kit is cheaper than Cobb's 3 hanger kit anyway.
good point^ and thanks
I have the option to buy 3 or 4 on the site and they are in stock

most guys replace the 3 towards the rear and leave the one by the DP stock since the engine does move a bit
then there are guys that replace all 4

please keep in mind these hangers DO NOT give at all so when installing the exhaust you have to make sure all clearances are good and you may have to make some adjustments to get everything right
but once you have everything installed and set with the poly, you're golden!

QUOTE=ron@whoosh;207561]good point^ and thanks
I have the option to buy 3 or 4 on the site and they are in stock

most guys replace the 3 towards the rear and leave the one by the DP stock since the engine does move a bit
then there are guys that replace all 4

please keep in mind these hangers DO NOT give at all so when installing the exhaust you have to make sure all clearances are good and you may have to make some adjustments to get everything right
but once you have everything installed and set with the poly, you're golden![/QUOTE]

Guess I'm 1 of the very few that only replaced 2 or the 3 torque solution hangers???

Shipment is on way. I can't wait to get this on the car. Thanks again Ron!! Now for the intake!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk