Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Group Buy: cp-e Nexus exhaust with custom options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

The mid-pipe to S-pipe connection was a little out of round for me. Specifically the Mid-pipe it looked like. First I took the 3" clamp and tightened it all the way down on it to see if that may help a little and it did. I found it went together one way afterward, which put the S-pipe 90* from the mid-pipe. So I shoved the S-pipe halfway in and rotated it. Then took a rubber mallet and nudged it all together straight, got that clamp tightened down, then loosened it a bit. Then put it on the car.
The S-pipe to Axle-back had one of the slip joint notches bent. Some needle nose pliers took care of that and with a little finagling went together no problem.

I put it all together outside the car first so I knew what I was getting into before I went to install it. Slightly out of round is easy to work with.
Having had the CP-E Exhaust for my MS3 was a similar endeavor. Chalk it up to shipping really...they drop and bang that thing all over the place.
oh absolutely, even the best injection foam packaging stuff is no match for shippers. I'll try that clamp trick, sounds promising. I'm the same way about assembling things off the car, a necessary precaution when you live in an apartment and have to do the install elsewhere. Honestly my only worry was the finish, since it's *really* good looking and I don't want to wreck that prying on stuff.

The finish is very stout. Using the needle nose or even rotating one pipe in the other slip joint barely even left mark. It's very very durable. :)

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Mine was installed with the Depo DP, no figment issues at all. I would have gone Cpe DP but it's way to over priced for such a small piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did all of you need to bash all the pipes with a hammer to get things to fit? None of the joints actually fit together. Wondering how much the finish CP-E puts on the exhaust can handle since they didn't check to make sure pipes were round before coating.
I did not install mine yet, so I don't know, but it is NOT a coating, or an actual 'finish' they use on this system, it is a bead blasting process which gives it that satin texture.

[MENTION=4339]WeTheNorth[/MENTION] I have the same setup and that's good to know. Mine came Tuesday. Going to try to install it with my Depo DP tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=4339]WeTheNorth[/MENTION] I have the same setup and that's good to know. Mine came Tuesday. Going to try to install it with my Depo DP tomorrow.

How'd it go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was lazy after work yesterday, lol. I'm shooting for today. Will post photos and video when done.

Had great success getting the exhaust assembled in my living room after using the harbor freight pipe expander, so that's good. http://www.harborfreight.com/large-tail-pipe-expander-69549.html if anyone else struggles with the tight clearances and fedex-related damages [bash]

so pretty *drooling*
Does the longer of the two exhaust tips go to towards the driver side or passenger side when looking at back of the car? [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION]

I have Titan finish. Logo is on the one side which indicates which way it goes.
The Black coating would rid itself of the logo for sure.