Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Group Buy: cp-e Nexus exhaust with custom options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

I'll be sure to inspect mine when it comes in, will keep [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] posted. Fed Ex says it should be delivered tomorrow

Anyone get black tips that aren't wanting them or wanting to go stainless? PM Me. Didn't get the group buy but asked about the matte ones from CPE with no luck.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #323
I'll be sure to inspect mine when it comes in, will keep [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] posted. Fed Ex says it should be delivered tomorrow
cp-e had your exhaust intercepted and re-routed back to Maryland
they will repair and ship back ASAP
Anyone get black tips that aren't wanting them or wanting to go stainless? PM Me. Didn't get the group buy but asked about the matte ones from CPE with no luck.
I'll get you a quote for a rear tip section in black once all this is straight. cp-e will not fulfill a Nexus exhaust request until this Group Buy is corrected. My customers have been waiting and are top priority at the moment. That is straight from the owner of cp-e.

no worries there, cp-e has confirmed the first 8 are the ONLY kits that shipped with the resonator pipe w/missing hangers

I don't have any exhausts shipping directly to Canada except for user "letitreign"
???

yes,
I'm planning the correction with cp-e now
Most likely shipping just the resonator pipe back for correction is the easiest way to get this done
I will try and make it as quick as easy on everyone as human;y possible

yeah man, yeah

I'm going to poke cp-e to flow the first 8 of you some free swag or something for your trouble
let me see what I can do
I can be rather persuasive in these situations [poke]
Aw, for crying out loud. Really? This was CPE, not some bargain brand. How can they miss welding on hangars? Wow. Pretty poor workmanship.

So now I have to ship resonator back and forth between Cali and MD. Great. I am in the middle of trial and this is a hassle, but I will deal. Thank you for letting us know.

To be honest, I have a bit of buyer's remorse here. I know the exhaust will look great. I just need to be patient.

Please keep me posted as I am one of the 8. It doesn't even arrive til tomorrow so I am hosed for the week between Xmas and New Years too. WTF.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Aw, for crying out loud. Really? This was CPE, not some bargain brand. How can they miss welding on hangars? Wow. Pretty poor workmanship.

So now I have to ship resonator back and forth between Cali and MD. Great. I am in the middle of trial and this is a hassle, but I will deal. Thank you for letting us know.

To be honest, I have a bit of buyer's remorse here. I know the exhaust will look great. I just need to be patient.

Please keep me posted as I am one of the 8. It doesn't even arrive til tomorrow so I am hosed for the week between Xmas and New Years too. WTF.

Yes, it sucks and was a big oversight on their part, but at least CPE is not shifting blame or trying to shirk their responsibilities. They are a stand up company that's taking ownership of this issue, and they'll fix this. The same cannot be said for some other companies I've had dealings with.

As I have the exhaust in my possession and have thoroughly looked it, the welds, etc over, aside from the piece that's missing hangers, the rest of the exhaust is beautiful and very well put together. Shame it's gonna be under the car where it can't be seen. I still say that the Nexus is one of the best exhausts for the FiST, and the group buy price for it was basically stealing it. (Thanks [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION])

I feel ya on the loss of install time. It would've been nice to install it over the holidays. But it'll still get installed eventually.

True, CPE and Ron are fixing it and I have confidence in them.

I guess it was just really frustrating that from my perspective a simple quality control inspection would have revealed the process defect and save everybody a bunch of time and money.

Not the biggest of deals. Everyone makes mistakes including me. My old man passed away a couple of months ago so I've been on edge- but it puts things in perspective. I need to relax.

Also, I am very much excited and looking forward to receiving and installing this - I really do appreciate the huge GB discount, too.

[MENTION=5802]2Hemis[/MENTION] I'm very sorry for your loss and what you're having to go through. My friend just lost her Dad yesterday, and it's torn her apart inside. [sad]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #330
OK everyone

Part 1 of "The Group Buy FIX"
The first 8 people that had their exhausts shipped,

1 of the 8, Miguel from AZ had his exhaust intercepted by FedEx so this does not include you/him. Miguel's exhaust will be repaired once received back at cp-e then re-shipped via FedEx to AZ!

The other 7 that have received their exhausts with the resonator section missing the 2 hangers will need to send just that part back to cp-e via FedEx

Yes I know that is a royal pain in the you know what! I'm very sorry about that everyone
I am in the process of emailing each of you a FedEx label that can be printed and taped to the box once packed up.
Please DO NOT use the coffin sized box that exhaust originally shipped in to send back just the front resonator pipe. The label we created is for a box measuring approx 24x8x6
If you don't have a box or can't manage this, please take it to a FedEx store and ask for help.

Let me know if there are any questions

Please don't clog this thread up with complaints about the situation - I know it's terrible and can assure all involved cp-e is doing everything possible to correct it.
I'm also here and available ANYTIME to answer questions and help 610-334-2158
Don't hesitate to call, text or just call to vent

Please hang in there with us...[facepalm]

Dropped off the resonator section earlier today to FedEx, so here is to hoping for a quick turn around. I re-used the box my intercooler came in.[:p]

Ron, your communication and responsiveness throughout this process has been much appreciated!

OK Ron. Thanks for the update man!

I'm sitting tight waiting for my exhaust to be delivered. Once it is, I'll snag the resonator pipe and ship it your way with the label you're sending.

Thank you for taking care of this.

OK everyone

Part 1 of "The Group Buy FIX"
The first 8 people that had their exhausts shipped,

1 of the 8, Miguel from AZ had his exhaust intercepted by FedEx so this does not include you/him. Miguel's exhaust will be repaired once received back at cp-e then re-shipped via FedEx to AZ!

The other 7 that have received their exhausts with the resonator section missing the 2 hangers will need to send just that part back to cp-e via FedEx

Yes I know that is a royal pain in the you know what! I'm very sorry about that everyone
I am in the process of emailing each of you a FedEx label that can be printed and taped to the box once packed up.
Please DO NOT use the coffin sized box that exhaust originally shipped in to send back just the front resonator pipe. The label we created is for a box measuring approx 24x8x6
If you don't have a box or can't manage this, please take it to a FedEx store and ask for help.

Let me know if there are any questions

Please don't clog this thread up with complaints about the situation - I know it's terrible and can assure all involved cp-e is doing everything possible to correct it.
I'm also here and available ANYTIME to answer questions and help 610-334-2158
Don't hesitate to call, text or just call to vent

Please hang in there with us...[facepalm]
You and the gang at cp-e are a fantastic bunch. Despite the setback you all have stepped up to correct the error and make sure that all of us receive a proper, high quality product. Bravo to ron@whoosh and cp-e! [shakehands]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am guessing that IF we did not send back the bracket-less resonator pipe yet, we should wait until (at least) late next week to do so since I just got an email from cp-e telling me they are going to be closed until the 2nd of the new year? [dunno]

I am guessing that IF we did not send back the bracket-less resonator pipe yet, we should wait until (at least) late next week to do so since I just got an email from cp-e telling me they are going to be closed until the 2nd of the new year? [dunno]
Interesting. I didn't get a tracking number sent today so I assume the unshipped exhausts aren't coming for another week?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #338
Will the remaining orders still be shipping out this week?
Originally, Yes....but because of this royal screw up with the missing 2 hangers on the resonator pipe section, sadly NO the balance of the exhausts will not (did not) ship by yesterday.
They were "finished" and most packed up to ship. There just wasn't enough time to unpack everything and correct all of the issues once this was figured out.
I know this just stinks no matter how you look at it. It seems like a lot of people have waited a while for their kits but please let me remind you that aside from the obvious mess up that has occurred here, there was a Thanksgiving Holiday in the wait now Christmas. Probably the worst time to have this many coffin sized exhausts shipping all over the country (and Canada).
Anyway, I do apologize for the error on behalf of cp-e and whoosh.
cp-e is closed every year between xmas and new years.
All of the 7 resonators that are to be returned should be sent back ASAP (don't worry there is someone there to receive the packages). The first week cp-e is back at it, the resonators and balance of exhausts will be first on their schedule to complete for 2017
If you have any questions of concerns please let me know.

OK Ron. Thanks for the update man!

I'm sitting tight waiting for my exhaust to be delivered. Once it is, I'll snag the resonator pipe and ship it your way with the label you're sending.

Thank you for taking care of this.

thanks!

You and the gang at cp-e are a fantastic bunch. Despite the setback you all have stepped up to correct the error and make sure that all of us receive a proper, high quality product. Bravo to ron@whoosh and cp-e! [shakehands]
I appreciate that - you're making this way too easy on me!

Go Ron[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[like]

no sir do not wait,
please refer to the first part of this post - I can't help that cp-e has an annual shut down. I was very upset that they couldn't settle up on a few things before closing for the holiday but I also do realize that that things happen. I've been running group buys and selling cp-e parts since 2006
This has literally NEVER happened before so PLEASE everyone bear with me and give cp-e and myself a chance to correct this and show you that this isn't a common occurrence

I'll be posting another group buy for the 2014-2015 & 2016+ cp-e intake kits with custom powder coating color options over the weekend (gauging interest thread to start)
once that kicks off and completes I assure everyone it will be smooth as silk. If not, then by all means write cp-e and myself off as a bunch of goofs lol

Interesting. I didn't get a tracking number sent today so I assume the unshipped exhausts aren't coming for another week?
please see above - I do apologize for the delays - the mess up and holidays are the factors at play here....

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
no sir do not wait,
please refer to the first part of this post - I can't help that cp-e has an annual shut down. I was very upset that they couldn't settle up on a few things before closing for the holiday but I also do realize that that things happen. I've been running group buys and selling cp-e parts since 2006
This has literally NEVER happened before so PLEASE everyone bear with me and give cp-e and myself a chance to correct this and show you that this isn't a common occurrence
Ron;

I was NOT asking this with ANY malice, or ill will towards either YOU, or cp-e AT ALL!! [nono]
First of all, you personally could not have had any less to do with this error if it happened on another planet, and it was an honest mistake/oversight on cp-e's part!

This has NOT shaken my faith in either your company, NOR cp-e ONE IOTA! (I, personally, was not going to be able to install this until at least mid-late January ANYWAY ;) )

I was merely asking because I was NOT sure that cp-e would have anyone at all present at their facility during that break, and did not want to end up having the resonator either 'lost in the system', or risk damage from it going back and forth from the UPS/Fed Ex distribution center and cp-e multiple times, that's all. [wink]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #340
Ron;

I was NOT asking this with ANY malice, or ill will towards either YOU, or cp-e AT ALL!! [nono]
First of all, you personally could not have had any less to do with this error if it happened on another planet, and it was an honest mistake/oversight on cp-e's part!

This has NOT shaken my faith in either your company, NOR cp-e ONE IOTA! (I, personally, was not going to be able to install this until at least mid-late January ANYWAY ;) )

I was merely asking because I was NOT sure that cp-e would have anyone at all present at their facility during that break, and did not want to end up having the resonator either 'lost in the system', or risk damage from it going back and forth from the UPS/Fed Ex distribution center and cp-e multiple times, that's all. [wink]
thank you for the explanation and reassurance
I appreciate it!