Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Group Buy: cp-e Nexus exhaust with custom options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #401
QUOTE=ron@whoosh;207561]good point^ and thanks
I have the option to buy 3 or 4 on the site and they are in stock

most guys replace the 3 towards the rear and leave the one by the DP stock since the engine does move a bit
then there are guys that replace all 4

please keep in mind these hangers DO NOT give at all so when installing the exhaust you have to make sure all clearances are good and you may have to make some adjustments to get everything right
but once you have everything installed and set with the poly, you're golden!
Guess I'm 1 of the very few that only replaced 2 or the 3 torque solution hangers???[/QUOTE]

maybe we can start an official unofficial guide to using poly hangers outside of this thread?[crazyeye]
each set up and application will differ based on if you are using a stock downpipe or aftermarket, etc

Since my hangers are on order locally still. We'll see how this does with no poly hangers and just zip-tying them. :/

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #404
Zip ties did the trick.
Looks and sounds great. Thanks Ron for all your hard work on this group buy. I'll be back for more!
awesome!
thanks for posting and thanks for the kind words

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
What is the going rate to have a cat back exhaust installed would y'all say?
At my mechanic shop (very reputable) I paid for an hours worth of labour. They took exactly 2 hours from start to finish tho, but they're very detailed and do the job right the first time. I would not install this exhaust without some heavy duty hangars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I picked up some new hangers from Whoosh when I ordered the exhaust so I want to make sure I know what to pay tomorrow.

Took me 3hrs start to finish. Cutting my own exhaust.etc and beer breaks. Lol.
Heavy duty exhaust hangers are not necessary as I mentioned already, but they won't hurt.

Had this installed at a muffler shop this morning. Sounds great. Went on perfectly in about 30 minutes from start to finish. The guy at the muffler shop said this is the best fitting bolt on kit he's seen

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Had this installed at a muffler shop this morning. Sounds great. Went on perfectly in about 30 minutes from start to finish. The guy at the muffler shop said this is the best fitting bolt on kit he's seen
THANK YOU, and good to know that I can show this post to the local places that want to tell me it is over a 2 hour process! [thumb]

Did all of you need to bash all the pipes with a hammer to get things to fit? None of the joints actually fit together. Wondering how much the finish CP-E puts on the exhaust can handle since they didn't check to make sure pipes were round before coating.

kansei,
what is not being said here is the fact that if you have a different downpipe other than cp-e you will have to modify the fit of the exhaust.example,one of the pipes came out of round so of course it will not fit until you can make it round again.in my case the hangers and bushings would not fit with my MAP downpipe.i had to bend hangers to make it fit.some guys are lucky and they have no problems.you and i are not lucky lol.good luck with the install.

That's weird, cuz mine went together beautifully, and I was part of the group buy. Took me about 3.5 hours with 4 jack stands, a sawzall, basic hand tools, and an 18" breaker bar. I also hung it on the TS heavy duty hangers so it doesn't move around (I highly recommend silicone spray lubricant to help with installing the hangers). I haven't heard about having to modifying it to bolt up to a downpipe. I currently have the stock downpipe, and it bolted right up, tho I'm planning on changing the downpipe soon. As far as I'd heard, this exhaust was supposed to bolt right up to any stock location downpipe. Maybe [MENTION=2728]CP-E Mitch[/MENTION] can comment on this.

kansei,
what is not being said here is the fact that if you have a different downpipe other than cp-e you will have to modify the fit of the exhaust.example,one of the pipes came out of round so of course it will not fit until you can make it round again.in my case the hangers and bushings would not fit with my MAP downpipe.i had to bend hangers to make it fit.some guys are lucky and they have no problems.you and i are not lucky lol.good luck with the install.
It's going on an otherwise stock car, no fitment adjustments should be expected. The pieces that are made to slip together don't, and I'll have to take it to a shop somewhere to get them made round. This is what I was trying to avoid going with the "premium" CP-E product.

Not a big deal at all, just disappointing especially as someone interested in the CP-E intake group buy.

It's going on an otherwise stock car, no fitment adjustments should be expected. The pieces that are made to slip together don't, and I'll have to take it to a shop somewhere to get them made round. This is what I was trying to avoid going with the "premium" CP-E product.

Not a big deal at all, just disappointing especially as someone interested in the CP-E intake group buy.
Kansei, We do apologize about this. If you do need to send it back to us we can round it out for you. Alot of these happen when the shippers sometimes drop the packages. As you can tell by our packing, we do our best to make sure everything gets there in good shape, but we cannot control how the boxes are handled (big heavy boxes are dropped most often) . I know its not the best solution but I have seen customers put a prybar in the pipe and use that leverage to round it out. Harbor freight also sells a tool that can make it round again.

The exhaust is made to fit with both CP-E and stock downpipes and should fit with all stock location aftermarket downpipes (while it SHOULD fit, we cannot promise fitment with other aftermarket parts.)

Feel free to PM me or Ron if anyone is having any issues with the install and we would both be happy to help.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #417
kansei,
let me say this a different way
the cp-e exhaust is made to work with the stock downpipe and the cp-e downpipe because it is made to exact OEM specs
if you have a downpipe that differs a bit from the stock location, slight adjustments may be needed but I honestly have never heard of this until your report of the situation

That's weird, cuz mine went together beautifully, and I was part of the group buy. Took me about 3.5 hours with 4 jack stands, a sawzall, basic hand tools, and an 18" breaker bar. I also hung it on the TS heavy duty hangers so it doesn't move around (I highly recommend silicone spray lubricant to help with installing the hangers). I haven't heard about having to modifying it to bolt up to a downpipe. I currently have the stock downpipe, and it bolted right up, tho I'm planning on changing the downpipe soon. As far as I'd heard, this exhaust was supposed to bolt right up to any stock location downpipe. Maybe [MENTION=2728]CP-E Mitch[/MENTION] can comment on this.
it does, it's designed for the stock downpipe and cp-e
thank you

I'm not sure how to respond to you other than asking you to handle disatisfaction with more tact
You didn't call me which you can anytime 610-334-2158
Or cp-e to ask what the holy hell happened and report your trouble.

You commented in the other post about a hammer. I would strongly suggest not using a hammer to install any exhaust. I've been using a Harbor Freight $19.99 3" pipe expander for many years when a slip joint doesn't slide in as nice as I'd like. I've seen it on $300 and $1400 exhausts

I'm not asking you to repair your brand new cp-e exhaust either but please give me and or the manufacturer the opportunity to answer and correct issues if they present themselves
If you want a new system, let me know....

it does, it's designed for the stock downpipe and cp-e
thank you
Like I said, mine went together and bolted up to my downpipe with ZERO issues, so I don't see why it wouldn't bolt up to any stock location downpipe, all things being equal. I'ts been on my car for a week now, and I'm very happy with it! Thanks again Ron for having this group buy!

Didn't mean to cause an uproar. I wasn't even vaguely mad. Was just wondering what I should do, and wondering if anyone else experienced this. Apologies. I'll handle this directly with CP-E.

The mid-pipe to S-pipe connection was a little out of round for me. Specifically the Mid-pipe it looked like. First I took the 3" clamp and tightened it all the way down on it to see if that may help a little and it did. I found it went together one way afterward, which put the S-pipe 90* from the mid-pipe. So I shoved the S-pipe halfway in and rotated it. Then took a rubber mallet and nudged it all together straight, got that clamp tightened down, then loosened it a bit. Then put it on the car.
The S-pipe to Axle-back had one of the slip joint notches bent. Some needle nose pliers took care of that and with a little finagling went together no problem.

I put it all together outside the car first so I knew what I was getting into before I went to install it. Slightly out of round is easy to work with.
Having had the CP-E Exhaust for my MS3 was a similar endeavor. Chalk it up to shipping really...they drop and bang that thing all over the place.