Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CP-E Manifold teaser pics

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
A New =LRTmani? for the Ford Platform

http://cp-e.com/webstore2/new-lrtmani-ford-platform/

November 2, 2016

compare.jpg

It?s no secret that we love the Ford EcoBoost vehicles. Even before they were called ?EcoBoost?, in the days of the Merkur, we?ve embraced these cars 100% and have committed to pushing the market on turbo Fords. The Focus ST was one of our fastest growing platforms and quickly matched the amount of product that we were offering for the Mazdaspeeds. When the 2.3L Mustang was released, we hit the ground running and pushed that car into a 9 second 1/4 mile before the Mustang EcoBoost was even 2 years old. With the Focus RS confirmed for the US, we placed one of the first orders and have developed an entire suite of products dedicated to moving this vehicle forward as quickly as possible.

Throughout all of these developments, it seems like one of the small 4 cylinder Fords has been forgotten. The truth is that Ford?s smallest EcoBoost offering is among the most fun and most capable cars to hold the EcoBoost title. Unlike all of the other 4 cylinder engines, this one has an exhaust manifold that isn?t integrated into the head, allowing for some creative development. With hours of CAD testing, flow analysis, and redesign, we?ve come up with an =LTRmani? for the Ford Fiesta ST. Currently we?ve only tested this manifold with the stock turbo, but the gains are still noticeable.

Here is an excerpt from the owner of our in house development car.

"We saw gains in the mid and high rpms with the stock turbo with the same tune. With some more time on the dyno, we suspect to get some more out of the manifold and then begin testing with larger turbos. Based on data from the runs we have, the manifold is flowing much more efficiently than the stock, unequal length manifold."

OP
M
Thread Starter #23
My fiesta got rear ended pretty bad the day after installing the manifold.... [?|]

Testing to continue the 18th of november.

KKaWing

Yes. I am fine. Thanks for your concern. BMW x5 couldnt stop and smashed into me in the rain.
*Sarcasm* What do you mean a giant cute-ute with all wheel drive won't help me stop better??!!! */sarcasm*

Hope you're all right and the car comes back with good repair work.

Rhinopolis

[MENTION=2728]CP-E Mitch[/MENTION]

I'm sorry that happened to you and I am glad that you are ok. Out of curiosity, how did the rear seat section (where rear seat occupants would sit) fare in that collision? I removed my rear seat long ago, and I have always wondered how the rear would hold up to a large vehicle slamming in to it.

PS: I'm interested in your manifold and am looking forward to seeing the results. I have the X37 turbo and if you need or would like to work with someone who has an aftermarket turbo, I'll be happy to work something out with you. In other words, I'm not looking for a freebie.

Pete

I'll put this out there again, if you want testing of before and after I'll put in the work, post video results on my YouTube channel Tshirt driving and track the car for you. If you would like to put your logo on the car I'll let that happen as I am competing in the redline time attack once the engine is all back together (just a couple more weeks left).

OP
M
Thread Starter #33
So much for results.[dunno]
I literally just got my car back from the body shop....two weeks ago. I have had to take it back multiple times and its been a fiasco. The accident was around halloween! Still not happy with it but going to be finishing their work myself.

I am going to be installing the ST280 kit (much thanks to Russell and Brian!) today with the stock manifold (need baseline data on my car, even if there is already data on it) and then will be reinstalling the manifold and comparing results. I am hoping to do a pull with the final tune on the stock manifold so I can compare apples to apples and then making tune adjustments for the manifold and comparing results.

As much as I just want to throw everything on and put the car on the dyno, I am looking for data to quantify everything. I want to be able to say with complete certainty weather or not this modification would be justified. So far on the stock turbo, with a ~4-5 hp bump in the mid-high rpms, everything looks promising. No lag induced from the bigger runners (in fact it may be spooling faster). I have put together ALOT of data from the stock turbo/cp-e manifold and its performing.

Pete, I sent you a PM. Appreciate your support!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^All of this testing is going to be done without any porting/port matching of either of the manifolds OR the housing? [dunno]

OP
M
Thread Starter #35
^^^All of this testing is going to be done without any porting/port matching of either of the manifolds OR the housing? [dunno]
Well, I am testing our manifold vs stock with the hybrid turbo.

the awesome thing is, our outlet is the same as the turbo inlet. No need to port match if its built into the manifold. For those who want to increase the port size on both, have at it. you have plenty of meat on both.

Brura22

I think the intention was to create a manifold that provided the same benefits or maybe more that the ported stock manifold has been providing to stock and hybrid turbos the past couple years.

Wouldn't be smart to put out a product that immediately needed porting, or to test a new product that has been ported and sell it not ported...
I imagine this thing will provide better spool, and a good power bump as do most aftermarket turbo manifolds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete

I literally just got my car back from the body shop....two weeks ago. I have had to take it back multiple times and its been a fiasco. The accident was around halloween! Still not happy with it but going to be finishing their work myself.

I am going to be installing the ST280 kit (much thanks to Russell and Brian!) today with the stock manifold (need baseline data on my car, even if there is already data on it) and then will be reinstalling the manifold and comparing results. I am hoping to do a pull with the final tune on the stock manifold so I can compare apples to apples and then making tune adjustments for the manifold and comparing results.

As much as I just want to throw everything on and put the car on the dyno, I am looking for data to quantify everything. I want to be able to say with complete certainty weather or not this modification would be justified. So far on the stock turbo, with a ~4-5 hp bump in the mid-high rpms, everything looks promising. No lag induced from the bigger runners (in fact it may be spooling faster). I have put together ALOT of data from the stock turbo/cp-e manifold and its performing.

Pete, I sent you a PM. Appreciate your support!
Thank you. Sorry if you got multiple messages back as the forum page was having some issues with my phone when I was responding back.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Watching and waiting anxiously. I wanna install everything at once so I'm holding up on buying a hybrid until this manifold is proven to work (or not)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Brura22

Has a price point been established?
A puma tubular is over 600 USD... a SS ported stocker is around 300... I'd expect somewhere in the middle. 400-500 price range??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eager to see some results as I'll be getting new tires and an X-47 in soon. It'd be nice to do this with the new turbo install.