Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CP-E Manifold teaser pics

Cross posted from ron@whoosh

> designed for the stock turbo & upgraded stock fitment turbos
> it's cast from T304 stainless steel
> the cast in bosses are for stainless heat shielding
> price is TBD
> results are not available yet
> availability will be like anything, if there is enough interest, these will be produced
> it's B_E_A_U_T_I_F_U_L
[phonecall]

TempeST

It most certainly is beautiful. If I still had stock turbo I would be interested, but I went BT a while back.

Good luck with this. It would be nice to see how it does with one of these Hybrid guys going for gold.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Great to see CP-E develope a cast manifold for the FiST

[video=youtube;1N5Eqt5AEN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N5Eqt5AEN8[/video]

haste

1000 Post Club
Very nice. Looking forward to see/hear it in action.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
very interested but honestly, will probably be priced out of my reach

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Can this cast stainless material be ported at all without weakening it??

I don't see how there could be any gains when used with a factory snail (maybe quicker spool?), but this might be a godsend for the hybrid choice! [thumb]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club

I don't see how there could be any gains when used with a factory snail (maybe quicker spool?), but this might be a godsend for the hybrid choice! [thumb]
We'll see, but by the looks of it... It's not going to need porting.

Larger runner volume isn't always better. It can slow spool while adding flow to a place that was not restricting flow. The outlet COULD maybe be enlarged if you had a ported turbine housing ( insert cheap plug here ? Nahhhh lol ).

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club

Also... Our stock manifold is cast stainless. Some wicked wicked nuclear proof stuff !!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also... Our stock manifold is cast stainless. Some wicked wicked nuclear proof stuff !!
I did not know that, THANKS! [thumb] (I just took for granted it was cast iron.)

But, if this CP-E deal does have the capability to help make power (over the factory manifold), then sending one to you, or you having them available in a kit, and you port matching it to your C39 ported turbine housing would be IDEAL!! [:)]

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
^ took the words right outta my mouth. C39 and turbine port matched CP-E is going to be a serious combo

OP
M
Thread Starter #13
There's for sure some meat on it for porting. I compared it to our stock manifold and the runners arent alot bigger, but they are fore sure smoother. I think this manifold can be a great upgrade for stock turbos, hybrids, and those with the ATP turbo kit. I think for really big power, the quickspool DHM kit is still the way to go.

Did a mini test fit and it for sure fits on the head and clears all the manifold studs.

Plan right now is to 100% finish my tune and get the manifold on my car and get some numbers. Here's to my fun weekend! Right now I am tuned on 93 only. I hope to get some e85 in here this weekend to see what the car can do on it. Currently im making 189/268 wheel on our heartbreaker mustang dyno (stock Fist made like 160/195). I had another fiesta customer tune on our dyno and go to a dynojet for numbers (same tune, same car, same corrections) and there was a 15% difference, meaning id make 220/315 on a dynojet ;] (id admit it may be a little inflated)

Theoretically, I am hoping for a slight bump in top end power (less exhaust reversion from bigger and longer runners) and hopefully little to no loss of spool with gains all around (on stock turbo). With these little turbo's we see tons of exhaust backpressure. I just put our big turbo kit on a mazdaspeed 3 and we made the same power at 13psi with a better flowing manifold than we did at 19psi on stock manifold. Same theory. Less pressure in the exhaust manifold will improve volumetric efficiency.

stock manifold looks like a stainless closer to 409, where as ours is 304. Not to mention the heatshield (what those bungs are for) will get rid of that terrible stock shield, and look better doing it. for reference look at our focus atmosphere kit heat shields.

Pete

I'm very interested since it will have a heat shield. Also do you know the weight figures compared to the stock manifold?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
To take FULL advantage of this manifold with a pure stock factory turbo, what exactly would have to be done to that small snail (exhaust side porting, etc.)? [dunno]