Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CP-E Manifold teaser pics

OP
M
Thread Starter #42
I installed the c39 on the stock manifold and I am still tuning. Spent like 3 hours on the dyno sunday only to find my hot side charge pipe was leaking a little, throwing everything off. The dyno and fans are super loud so you can't really hear the leak but when WGDC goes up and boost goes down...

One more dyno session and im ready for the c39 and CP-E manifold. I am also waiting on all the gaskets as I have reused them for 2 turbo/manifold swaps and its getting sketchy. I am hoping c39/CP-E manifold will happen sometime next week.

I'm also testing our upper transmission mount too =]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I think the intention was to create a manifold that provided the same benefits or maybe more that the ported stock manifold has been providing to stock and hybrid turbos the past couple years.
Yes, that would be ideal if it is the case. ;)

What about the HEAD side of the manifold (as far as porting goes), and the head exhaust ports themselves for that matter??

Brura22

Yes, that would be ideal if it is the case. ;)

What about the HEAD side of the manifold (as far as porting goes), and the head exhaust ports themselves for that matter??
What about them? This is a replacement manifold for a stock HEAD.
So there's no need for ported exhaust ports.
This is meant for stock-hybrid turbo applications as already said.
If you want to remove your head and send it off to someone to get the exhaust ports polished and then custom buy a matching exhaust manifold. Go ahead $$$$ lmfao.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
What about them? This is a replacement manifold for a stock HEAD.
So there's no need for ported exhaust ports.
This is meant for stock-hybrid turbo applications as already said.
If you want to remove your head and send it off to someone to get the exhaust ports polished and then custom buy a matching exhaust manifold. Go ahead $$$$ lmfao.
From experience on the fiesta with that....
Not a good idea, lol.
You won't see me porting a DFI cylinder ever again. Even just the exhaust side. If May make more power.... but their is a drivability price to pay.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
From experience on the fiesta with that....
Not a good idea, lol.
You won't see me porting a DFI cylinder ever again. Even just the exhaust side. If May make more power.... but their is a drivability price to pay.
OK, THANK YOU! [thumb]

As THIS is why I was asking (to see IF there were any worthwhile gains to be had from porting the head side of the manifold/head). [wink]

Brura22

OK, THANK YOU! [thumb]

As THIS is why I was asking (to see IF there were any worthwhile gains to be had from porting the head side of the manifold/head). [wink]
Yeah at about 600 whp I'd suggest porting the head [emoji23]
That way you can beat up on all the other 1.6 civics running 9's

OP
M
Thread Starter #49
not to mention tuning these cars is a headache once you change ports/valves/cams.

I can only imagine most people with ported heads are going full big turbo. Even so, I think those running the ATP kit with this manifold will see an increase in power. We designed this manifold with the potential to port if needed.

Ports on head side are just about gasket matched.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
not to mention tuning these cars is a headache once you change ports/valves/cams.

I can only imagine most people with ported heads are going full big turbo. Even so, I think those running the ATP kit with this manifold will see an increase in power. We designed this manifold with the potential to port if needed.

THANK YOU for that no snide/straight shooter answer! [thumb]

Hey, I've been away from he forum for about 3 or 4 months. What happened to your C39??
It's still on the car and running strong! My goal was always to have the most powerful hybrid there is on my car. Once I get my x47 in and tuned I'll be able to compare the two and see which one I like more for my driving style/uses. The other I'll just end up selling.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club

Yea, once it messed up the VE of the stock head, the idle was odd sometimes. It stumbled her and there. A slightly delay on throttle tip-in from idle. NOTHING earth shattering. But still.... it was there.

Ooohh I am about to pick up the ATP 2554r I'd love to get my hands on this manifold !! [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #54
Yea, once it messed up the VE of the stock head, the idle was odd sometimes. It stumbled her and there. A slightly delay on throttle tip-in from idle. NOTHING earth shattering. But still.... it was there.
Yes. It can totally be accomodated for via tuning.

The manifold is pretty much gasket matched. The gasket is 0.04" bigger, which means that it won't disturb airflow. Finishing up the tune on the car and thowing the CP-E manifold back on in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Yes. It can totally be accomodated for via tuning.

The manifold is pretty much gasket matched. The gasket is 0.04" bigger, which means that it won't disturb airflow. Finishing up the tune on the car and thowing the CP-E manifold back on in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.
Ole yea !! I'm sure DHM or PD or Straitifed could tune it out, but it was just a headache and something not worth dealing with. As the race guys say.... "Ported heads? Just run .75 more psi" lol.

OP
M
Thread Starter #58
Nothing really at this time. Trying to find a minute to get it back on my car to continue testing and prove that it works. Hoping to have something concrete like release date or pricing this summer. Sorry for the wait. We have a few Fiesta ST products that will be released in the meantime!