Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

If you could only do one mod...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hmmm let me ask my track tire councilor...Riiiiiick! Lol
Seeing as how you use your car in a similar fashion as me. Do you see any drawbacks with the 215/40/16 on a 16x7?
[MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION]
It would be a 215/45-16 tire, and I could have told you that Rick would think that even most 205s are not 'stretched' enough on a 7" wide wheel. ;)

I would ONLY use that Star Spec 225/45-16 on a 16x7 for STREET USE, so the razor sharp, stretched turn-in is not quite as critical as the larger, wheel protecting, 'pinched' side wall is on bad roads.

For track use and can only have one mod? I think an LSD would be the ticket. You can work around the other downfalls on the track but the car desperately needs traction to be effectively driven 10/10ths.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
For track use and can only have one mod? I think an LSD would be the ticket. You can work around the other downfalls on the track but the car desperately needs traction to be effectively driven 10/10ths.
+1 as far as track use goes, but I just wish it was not a $1500.00+ labor charge, ON TOP OF the ~$1K price of the actual diff to do this mod. [:(]

(It SHOULD HAVE BEEN a factory installed option for these cars, and the FoSTs! [wink])

Fiesta ST is not a trackable or competent autocross car with only one modification. It has too many limitations in stock form to be used in any Motorsports activity without either overheating the engine or brakes, or both.