Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

If you could only do one mod...

So now that my car is pretty much exactly where I want it. I've been thinking if I had a brand new FiST and could only do one modification (other than tires after OEM wear out) for a daily driver/ track car what would it be?
My choice would be coilovers and I'd stick with the MeisterR. What would everyone else choose?

So now that my car is pretty much exactly where I want it. I've been thinking if I had a brand new FiST and could only do one modification (other than tires after OEM wear out) for a daily driver/ track car what would it be?
My choice would be coilovers and I'd stick with the MeisterR. What would everyone else choose?
MeisterR (ZetaCRD+) would be my choice too if I could add additional rear roll stiffness (roll bar). Otherwise, an AP w/tune to maximize factory turbo and I'll live with factory suspension and the silly symposer gazoo.

Zormecteon

Quick Shift Kit. It just makes the car feel so much better.. every time I drive, every shift I make. .. 2) I would, if I could the do RMM and have both for under $500 total.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Agreed. I have the MRs and love'em. if they were the only one mod to do I'd absolutely choose them again.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It would have to be aftermarket wheels and tires that I love to look at, since I cannot stand the looks of our factory stockers (BESIDES their heft, and even to use as winter wheels), and think they actually take away from the good looks of the whole car (and can help performance/handling somewhat as well).

(And yes, a full boomba racing shifter kit, since the factory shifter's throw seems about a mile too long for my tastes!)

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I would do lighter wheels. The factory ones are pretty heavy at 22.5 lb, and I firmly believe that saving unsprung and rotational weight is the single best performance upgrade for a car. It helps ride and handling, and they are easier to accelerate. It's a mod with no downside in my opinion, except the money spent on it.
I will probably get TD Pro-Race 1.2's in the OEM size, which will be about 5 lb. lighter per corner, which is enough to be significant. This might actually be my only mod.

joesiris

honestly id have to go with the cobb exhaust, if could only choose one... I feel like every time I give it some go I would just have to smile at the sound of it.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I'd do like the one guy from Speed Hunters did, and put a Coyote in it. That counts as one mod right?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Only one mod would be tint. Without it the interior is way to bright in the sun. If that is a simple given then a single mod would be transmission fluid once changed the tranny is like silk.

I did my one mod. Cobb RMM. Stock mount is too flexible. I was going to do a full Boomba short shift kit once I got the money, but I opted against it after awhile. I got used to the stock shifter and it no longer felt worth the money for it. I had no other plans for the car in mods, it's pretty good as it is for daily use. I don't mind the wheels, though I do agree they are quite heavy coming from aftermarket lightweight wheels on my old car.

I don't consider window tint a mod but I also do have window tint and will do it on every car I own probably.

AP3 with my Mountune Randy tune is the one mod I couldn't live without. It made the single most noticeable difference of all the mods I have done so far ( most of the bolt ons)