Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Knock off wing risers

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
We've seen a few threads like this pop up over the last few months. Always funny to see knock-offs made of our items.

Honestly, since Boomba did the R&D, and really created a really nice aesthetic mod from scratch, when no one else was even thinking about the factory wing, and they make them here, and the price is completely reasonable, I marvel that anyone would even consider a knock-off. Seems kind of sleazy tbh.

AzNightmare

Honestly, since Boomba did the R&D, and really created a really nice aesthetic mod from scratch, when no one else was even thinking about the factory wing, and they make them here, and the price is completely reasonable, I marvel that anyone would even consider a knock-off. Seems kind of sleazy tbh.
For sure, absolutely sleazy. But that's the hard truth of business. It's nasty and everyone's out there to be a shark. But usually when something is cheaper, they sacrifice in quality or cut corners in some way. If a design isn't patent, then someone will bound to steal it if it's worth copying. I know there's a few COBB intercooler clones too... No idea about the performance, but at the very least, they look exactly the same on the outside...

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Its business. Its sad to see, but it happens. The unfortunate part is you can't really do anything because it would make no financial sense to copyright or patent your parts because you'd probably never sell enough to make it worth it anyways. We just hope that people are wise enough to see who stands behind the product and let that make the decision easier for them.

We were playing secret shopper with one of these knock off riser companies and asked them for an install guide and they linked us to the Boomba installation manual, lol.