Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best mods for the Fiesta ST??

Hey all! I own a 2016 Fiesta ST stock. I really want to tune it up but there are so many options I'm getting overwhelmed. Ive been doing tons of research but I get so frustrated because I do not know what to do! First off I have some questions that I'm hoping someone could possibly answer!

1. Is it a wise choice to buy a puma speed x37 supercharger?

2. Will I hurt my car if I install performance mods?

3. What the heck is e30?!

4. What are the best tunes/mods?

5. Is it okay to put 91 Octane in my car?

Hey all! I own a 2016 Fiesta ST stock. I really want to tune it up but there are so many options I'm getting overwhelmed. Ive been doing tons of research but I get so frustrated because I do not know what to do! First off I have some questions that I'm hoping someone could possibly answer!

Welcome aboard!

1. A lot of people have had great results with the x37. You can get them stateside from Adam@tune+ for <2k, bolt on power baby![rockon]
2. As with modifying anything, there are risks involved. Installing performance enhancing modifications will add increased stress to your otherwise stock engine components. Luckily, our little 1.6 ecobeasts can withstand around 400hp before the connecting rods snap. I'd bet you probably aren't going to build something quite so crazy [8D]
3. Google e30 fuel. There's a literal plethora of material to be found there.
4. Best tunes/mods are subjective. Each tuner has their strengths, and each owner has their unique plans. The best mods and tunes are the ones that suit your plan. That said, I run MAPerformance Stg 1 91oct in my 15 FiST on a blend of California 91 octane and E85 DAILY DRIVEN and I love the way it pulls. Suits my needs perfectly :)
5. It's definitely OK to put 91 in your car. In California I really wouldn't recommend putting anything lower, especially with the high temperatures and crappy California gasoline. At least with straight 91, you'll have better protection against preignition

1. Look into a Cyborg and there is also word of Mountune making a Hybrid but may just be for UK. The X-37 is what I was set on but a lot of bad experiences from people who bough them from Pumaspeed. Adam at Tune+ supplied them for months and this was my original plan but he just recently stopped due to some complications between the two companies. The Cyborg C39 is showing amazing progress but prelim results are just out now, they do look amazing how ever.

2. Not if your smart. These little engines are pretty stout and make great power. Things do happen but from what I have found so far not really much. I also work for Ford and have yet to see a catastrophic failure on a FiST. Like stated before 400hp but if you plan on a hybrid like a C39 you will run out of fuel before even coming close to the limits of internals. If I was going BT 350hp+ then I would swap internals and honestly you can get by with upgraded Pistons, the rods are pretty stout. But again need aux fuel to support those levels.

3. E30 is a blend of E85 and gasoline. If you live in CA you really want to look into this. CA has horrid gas but you are blessed with tons of E85. Our fuel system can not support full E85 so we have to blend it. E85 is essential 85% alcohol and 15% gasoline. E30 is a 30% blend of alcohol. You would fill up your vehicle with gas to a certain point then the rest with E85%.

4. I haven't really seen a bad tune on here yet but I am also new to this platform. I would go with a Protuner indefinitely. There are many supporting protuners I wouldn't be afraid to pick any one. Honestly numbers don't differ to greatly but you may find drivability, power delivery, and feel will vary between tuners. This comes down to personal preference. On my FoST I had 5 tunes by the time I got rid of it and finally settled on Freek. I was big in the RS community and so was Tune+, also he was at the time selling the X-37 so I went with him for my FiST, I love it so far and I'm only on the first revision.

Mods are a toughy. I have yet to really find huge faults with this vehicle unlike my FoST. I have a mod list but none of them are urgent. I barely get wheel hop if any and I originally planned on all 3 motor mounts, now I may just do the rear. The Intercooler is even "ok", not good but will do. My FoST had horrid wheel hop, IC could reach 100 degree rise in one pull, and there was no feel or sound from the engine. Even going from a moderately modded FoST I'm pretty content with my tune and intake. I really think when modding you should drive the vehicle and solve the biggest problems first then the most cost effective. I'm liking the power now so maybe a CBE for sound next. The ride is really the only gripe on the list, too harsh on big impacts that upsets the chassis. I am going to start with a Pierce Motorsports Street kit and then go Meister R coilovers. I am a balance person and plan on going to a Hybrid turbo in the future so making sure the chassis is sorted first will be a priority, if I felt the chassis was good and power was an issue then I would chase that route if you get what I am saying. In the end it is up to you though to decide what mods fit your needs, all I can say is don't rush and do things in stages so you understand how each affects the vehicle.

5. Yes, my dealer filled up my car with 87 and at first when I drove my car I though OMG what did I do this is so slow. This happened with the RS as well at first, after 300 miles and the same tank of gas it progressively got faster and I mean 20-30%. I couldn't even spin the tires in 1st lol. After that tank was gone I filed with 93 and barely noticed a difference, until I tuned it and now a whole different beast. I know many people that run 87, so no harm in 91 but if you plan to mod E30 is the fuel for you in CA.

Zormecteon

5. The better the gas you put in, the better the performance. or rather higher octane you put in. If you read the manual, you'll see that, as on the sticker, it will run with 87, but it won't develop the stated horsepower unless you put in 93. ... ... as a side note, use GOOD GAS. It's cheaper in the long run to put in "top tier" gasoline than to run the stuff from grocery stores and minute marts. They don't contain the additives that come from the best of the name brands.

So whats a Pro tune and how can I get one? Are they worth it?
A Protune is basically a tune that you purchase through a tuner. There are many tuners to choose from. They are worth it. You would first start by purchasing a Cobb AP which already comes loaded with OTS (Off The Shelf) tunes. These are base tunes that have different levels depending on mods. A Protune will be for your specific vehicle and your specific mods. You get a base tune from the Protuner and load it onto your vehicle, you then datalog (3rd gear pulls 2500rpms to redline) and send the logs back. They then send you a revised tune, this process may take up to 4-7 times until you reach a complete tune.

You can specify various things like redline, and type of fuel you will be using. You can also have multiple tunes like a 91 tune and E30.

Bumping this - think I can help you out there. Our team put together a great list of the 6 best mods for the Fiesta ST (in our opinion and experience of course) - check it out:

http://blog.modbargains.com/6-mods-maximum-fun-fiesta-st/

Ideas for wheels/tires, suspension, exhaust, FMIC, tune, etc! This is based off what we have seen from our customers and own personal experience :)

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help