Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

It is time

Couple questions you guys, bare with me here. Live in california and CARB is a hassle, does anyone have experience with what will pass here both visual and emissions? I dont want to constantly switch out parts. I know for sure any downpipe upgrade is illegal. Want no legal problems down the road as it will be my brothers when I move off for graduate school

I was thinking the COBB RMM, FSwerks exhaust, DHM intercooler/crash bar kit, cobb intake system(CARB Legal), and COBB access port to run a stock map(stage 2 91) as I heard that would be best. This should hold up in case I ever decide in the future to do a turbo upgrade like the x-37( maybe around two yrs from now). Thoughts on this?

I found these on the site and could not find them. I will probably change my wheels/tires beginning of next yr. Or does anyone have solid recommendations in the 16 or 17 range. I also looked at the mr125's and O.Z. FORMULA4 HLT

One more thing,I have a black fiesta and wanted to paint the rear diffuser to a red color would be the best way to go about it?

Thanks to all, let me know if I missed anything.

I live in California as well and have been modifying cars for 14 years. I know our smog laws pretty well, so I hope I can help.

As for the list of mods you listed:

Cobb RMM (Doesn't affect smog at all)

FSwerks Cat-back Exhaust (Also doesn't affect smog)

DHM Intercooler (This will fail a visual, I've never had a smog tech mention an intercooler but just letting you know you can fail a visual)

Cobb Intake - This is not CARB legal. You can view the smog legal intakes here at the CARB website. https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

Cobb Accessport - Technically not smog legal, however you can flash back to the stock map and have no problems passing smog.

One of the nice things about being the first owner of a car in California is that you don't have to smog for 5 years. My FiST has been stock for all about 3 weeks and I've had it for 13 months. :)

I say do what you want, have fun while you can. 5 years is a long time and I think it's well worth it.

I live in California as well and have been modifying cars for 14 years. I know our smog laws pretty well, so I hope I can help.

As for the list of mods you listed:

Cobb RMM (Doesn't affect smog at all)

FSwerks Cat-back Exhaust (Also doesn't affect smog)

DHM Intercooler (This will fail a visual, I've never had a smog tech mention an intercooler but just letting you know you can fail a visual)

Cobb Intake - This is not CARB legal. You can view the smog legal intakes here at the CARB website. https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

Cobb Accessport - Technically not smog legal, however you can flash back to the stock map and have no problems passing smog.

One of the nice things about being the first owner of a car in California is that you don't have to smog for 5 years. My FiST has been stock for all about 3 weeks and I've had it for 13 months. :)

I say do what you want, have fun while you can. 5 years is a long time and I think it's well worth it.
Excellent information and very true!

We are located in California as well so we deal with smog and CARB like many of the members on FiST.

Accessport and RMM are two of the most popular products we sell for the FiST, and cat-back exhaust's wont effect emissions, just sound! We carry tons of Fiesta ST products from Cobb as well as many other vendors.

For wheels, the fiftee52 Tarmac is a pretty popular option

or the Turbomac too

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
One of the nice things about being the first owner of a car in California is that you don't have to smog for 5 years.

5 YEARS?!?

Here in supposedly (now) bright red Pennsyleffingtuckey, even a brand new car MUST BE FULLY (safety AND emissions) inspected the very first year, unlike our (supposedly bright blue) Joyzee neighbor, which also gets a 5 year emissions pass on new model cars like Cali, and has NO safety inspection at all anymore. [mad]

5 YEARS?!?

Here in supposedly (now) bright red Pennsyleffingtuckey, even a brand new car MUST BE FULLY (safety AND emissions) inspected the very first year, unlike our (supposedly bright blue) Joyzee neighbor, which also gets a 5 year emissions pass on new model cars like Cali, and has NO safety inspection at all anymore. [mad]
Blame Trump. Lol