Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

North Texas ST's Talimena scenic drive cruise ---TX, AR,OK people----

DaveG99

****scroll down for info on the current trip which is march 25th 2017 ******

This is our second talimena cruise.

North texas ST facebook event link.
https://www.facebook.com/events/903109799832719/?ti=cl

We are meeting at Sonic in Paris Texas at 7:30am this Saturday and heading out on a 350 mile cruise through the mountains of SE Oklahoma and Western Arkansas. The talimena drive is an awesome road and we will also be taking scenic 7 in Arkansas. We will be staying the night in hotsprings Arkansas on Saturday night. We have about 14 cars going as of right now. This trip was designed for cars that run 93 octane and guzzle gas fast so don't worry about 93 availability.

When: Saturday the 29th
Time: 7:30am
Where: Sonic 1603 N Main St
Paris, Texas 75460

Facebook description:

We will be meeting closer to the talimena trail this time so that the 93 octane gas guzzling ST people can make the trip through Oklahoma without needing gas. It's 170 miles from Paris to Honobia OK to Talihena OK to Mena AR. In AR they have 93 octane. We will be going across the Talimena Scenic byway into Mena AR. In Mena we will stop for lunch at the Branding Iron BBQ and steak house. They got some good food. Then we will head east to mount Ida AR and go north on HWY 27. Then in Plainview AR we will be getting on Scenic 7 byway and heading South into Hot Springs. In Hot Springs we will be spending the night at "The Hotel Hot Springs and Spa and the Convention Center". Hot springs is an awesome town tucked away in the Ouachita Mountains. There is a 200ft lookout tower we can go check out. There are also bath houses with natural springs you can go soak in. And this bar called Maxine's is my favorite place to eat and drink there. It was a brothel back in the prohibition era when gangsters like AL Capone used to vacation in Hot Springs. On Sunday I plan on heading back into Dallas. We can take the scenic long way back (6hrs) or if you want to get home quickly you can take I30 which is about 4.5 hours back to DFW. If you don't want to spend the night you can also just drive back after we get to Hot Springs on Saturday. I suggest a hotel because 8 hours of spirited driving in the mountains is tiring! And last time everyone had walkie talkies which was great for communication.

Post here or email me for more info.
Daveg 99 @ g m a il. C o m

Last edited:
OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #2
I know this was late notice but oh well

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #3
Was a great trip. We are doing another in the spring. I'll be sure to post earlier next time.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #4
This is happening again on March 25th. Come on out and join us!

Meeting at the sonic in paris texas and driving up through SE Oklahoma and Western Arkansas through the mountains.

We are meeting at Sonic in Paris Texas at 7:30am this Saturday and heading out on a 300 mile cruise through the mountains of SE Oklahoma and Western Arkansas. The talimena drive is one of the best roads around and the indian hwy is one of the best kept secrets in Oklahoma. This trip was designed for cars that run 93 octane and guzzle gas fast so don't worry about 93 availability.

When: Saturday the 25th of march
Paris, Texas 75460

North texas ST facebook page link
https://www.facebook.com/events/214700049004165/?ti=cl

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
This is happening again on March 25th. Come on out and join us!

Meeting at the sonic in paris texas and driving up through SE Oklahoma and Western Arkansas through the mountains.

We are meeting at Sonic in Paris Texas at 7:30am this Saturday and heading out on a 300 mile cruise through the mountains of SE Oklahoma and Western Arkansas. The talimena drive is one of the best roads around and the indian hwy is one of the best kept secrets in Oklahoma. This trip was designed for cars that run 93 octane and guzzle gas fast so don't worry about 93 availability.

When: Saturday the 25th of march
Paris, Texas 75460

North texas ST facebook page link
https://www.facebook.com/events/214700049004165/?ti=cl
Your missing the show by passing 259 for Indian hwy. I grew up in the area. I'll have my friends up there that day.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #7
The indian highway is awesome. 259 is kind of boring until you get north of broken bow. We normally hit 259 heading south from the talimena scenic byway on the way back. That section is awesome. Any other cool roads in that area that you know of?

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
The indian highway is awesome. 259 is kind of boring until you get north of broken bow. We normally hit 259 heading south from the talimena scenic byway on the way back. That section is awesome. Any other cool roads in that area that you know of?
144 north of antlers is fun. It will take you to honobia. The entrance to Indian hwy. Going through broken bow is a waste. Go through antlers to honobia then across to Talahena

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #10
144 north of antlers is fun. It will take you to honobia. The entrance to Indian hwy. Going through broken bow is a waste. Go through antlers to honobia then across to Talahena
Thats the way we go.

On the way back we go south through 259 because its a lot of fun just south of talimena. And we usually stop at the pizza place in town.

You should go along with us. Its a ton of fun.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I'll meet y'all up there with my buddies. We used to time each other on the 259 section. The better place to eat in mena is the "chopping block". Tasty place

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #15
We used to meet at denison. Paris to mena is less miles. We have to drive through the land of 91 octane and some of our gas guzzling foci cant make it from denison to mena.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
We used to meet at denison. Paris to mena is less miles. We have to drive through the land of 91 octane and some of our gas guzzling foci cant make it from denison to mena.
No one carryjugs? I carry two with e30

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #17
Updates copied from facebook page :

Mark your calenders folks! Its that time again. This will be our 3rd Talimena Cruise. The Fall version is usually pretty crowded with lots of traffic. The spring time one is usually faster with hardly anyone on the roads. Should be a fun trip with plenty of fun spirited driving. And of course all the scenic beauty. If you have a nice camera or drone bring it.

We will be meeting saturday morning at the Sonic in Paris Texas. The address is in this post above. TRY TO GET THERE BEFORE 7:30am. Id like to leave at 7:30 if possible. And if you are running late at least post something so we know. I will be there at 7am.

That way us 93 octane guys can make it through Oklahoma to Arkansas where we can fuel up with 93. We will be driving all day and staying the night in Fort Smith Arkansas at:

Home2 Suites by Hilton Fort Smith

7400 Phoenix Ave, Fort Smith, AR 72903
(479) 452-2100

https://g.co/kgs/oS7QGA

Saw rooms for $89 on hotels.com

There is a carwash near the hotel so bring some rags and whatever you need. I normally clean the car after the first day.

Then a few more hours of driving on Sunday making our way back to DFW. Kids and wives/girlfriends are welcome. And make sure you have a 2 way radio/walkie talkie.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #19
Anyone from here going to go? We got about 11-12 going so far.