Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tuning questions

OP
F
Thread Starter #21
So the TTL tables are looking promising. They cap around 2.198 load, which I am exceeding. And since they are in the Throttle Tables folder, they must have some sort of effect on this throttle plate. I'll be making some changes to that tonight.

On another note, I'm also noticing that the ECU is a bit delayed in hitting my PD afr target. I found there is a PD delay timer table, and is set to 2.0 in the OTS map. After logging, it appears this is a 2 second delay, before switching to the PD afr target. I'm also going to try reducing this some to bring those safer afr's in a bit earlier

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Keep up the good work. It's interesting hearing you find little obstacles and then how you overcome them[twothumb]

Siestarider

Howdy Fistfan. I like this thread. Have one suggestion. Run baseline VD logs to 7K. One day you will want to know whats happening between 5500 and 7000 rpm.

Up rpm is where the aftermarket IC really shines. Your tuning will take you there.

OP
F
Thread Starter #24
Thanks guys. I'm glad to see people are following this thread.

Map v1.03
PD max delay timer lowered to 1.0 (which I'm hoping should cut that fueling delay in half)
TTL table changes to reflect higher logged load values

OP
F
Thread Starter #25
So I am happy to report that my loads are now peaking higher and throttle closure has been minimized. There are still a few more tweaks needed to the TTL tables, but I feel like I'm on the right track!

Attachments

OP
F
Thread Starter #26
Map v1.04

More TTL table changes (optimum power and tables 1-15)
Load Limit Max Ceiling increased to 3.0

And the results.....

Attachments

OP
F
Thread Starter #27
Map v1.05 has been loaded.
I enabled the Cobb WGDC tables, and am using the TIP Max Desired 3D) for boost targeting.
I have map slot 1 with zero wgdc, and map slot 2 with 25%. The plan is to walk wgdc up slowly until boost targets are met throughout the rpm range.

OP
F
Thread Starter #28
Just an update (is anyone even following this?)

I am now on map v1.07, and I have made more changes to the Cobb wgdc base table. I'm now hitting around 20 psi, but what I am noticing is there doesn't appear to be any dynamics stepping in. I'm thinking of switching to wgdc compensation mode 4, as this incorporates a TIP Error compensation. Can anyone shed some light on how this works?

Rhinopolis

I forget and what should the boost gauge read and via the AP, while in neutral and with the engine running? I want to monitor for when there is an obvious boost leak.

Thanks,

Ryan

Rhinopolis

I forget and what should the boost gauge read and via the AP, while in neutral and with the engine running? I want to monitor for when there is an obvious boost leak.

Thanks,

Ryan
Found it in the forum, and to share it is -9.8 to -10.4 while the car is fully warmed, at idle, and with the AC off.

OP
F
Thread Starter #31
Sorry there have been a lack of updates in this thread. There was a death in the family, so my priorities kinda shifted. But I'm starting to get back into tuning this little bugger.

Since my last update, I have abandoned the Cobb custom wgdc tables, as I was getting very erratic part-throttle behavior. I've went back to the oem wgdc base and canister pressure tables. I'm settled for now at a nice 22.5-23 psi. I'm still completely stock, except for a panel drop in filter, so that's about as much boost as I plan to run for now. I'll post up one of my latest logs in Virtual Dyno later tonight.

I'm also noticing that the throttle plate is being opened up fully with little inputs to the throttle. Like taking off in first gear, shift into second and press the throttle half way, you get a blip of 82% etc, and brings this surge of torque. I'd rather control the torque with the pedal, rather than the ECU forcing it. So that'll be in the works soon.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I have made more changes and revisions in this map then I can explain. Lol. This ECU has way too much going on. But I'm making progress! Still just a drop in filter and plugs.
Stock turbo? What fuel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Stock turbo on 93 octane.
But I'm taking those numbers with a grain of salt. I should have it on a real dyno within the next month or so.
Well, then... I'm still going to say it's awesome (with a grain of salt)! Do you think you're headed a little downhill or something? Extra nice tailwind that day?

OP
F
Thread Starter #35
Well, then... I'm still going to say it's awesome (with a grain of salt)! Do you think you're headed a little downhill or something? Extra nice tailwind that day?
Anything is possible, but I do take the logs on a highway by me that is very flat with no turns. It's really the perfect place for logging. I also have more logs on the same tune that reflect the same numbers. Again, with a grain of salt.

I like whats going on here and keep up the good work! I'm newer to the "self tuner" so any information you want to share? My fist is mostly stock as well and I'm sure we can push these little guys a fair amount before more parts. I have 2 flash tunes by stratified and have good results. One of them is a 93 octane which cranks the boost to 25-26psi and a E30 blend which seems to be a very nice tune, however for some reason seems to be lacking its luster as before it would runabout 20% better than my 93 tune. They seem to be about the same power. Still hits 26 psi but not as hard as it used too. I'll be checking for boost leaks and pulling the plugs to have a look. I don't have any negative corrections and everything else seems to be in check on both tunes.