Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ceramic coatings?

OP
E

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #21
I actually got to visit Chemical Guys headquarters in L.A. when on my honeymoon. The guys were awesome and Greg personally toured me. They have a lot of good products and I've bought from them for a long time. I'm trying to build my "go to" arsenal right now. It's a mix up but I like a lot of the products. If you haven't tried Adam's Polishes new wheel cleaner do yourself a favor. Its a great cleaner with Iron-X built in basically. It WORKS! Especially on our dusty wheels...
Also, if you don't have a foam cannon GET ONE!! They are AMAZE-BAWLS!! It helps with the detailing speed as well as the "hands-off" approach. I love mine!
I'm currently using the CG Diablo gel and it works great but I also used their jet seal on the wheels. I can easily wipe any dust off with a detail spray. I don't have an actual cannon but I have the hose one which works for now.

mark st3

I have just spent the last week doing a full on detail to my car lights out wheels off the works and
done the ceramic coating my self ( and left in work under infer red lights to harden )
well worth all the hard work

OP
E

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #23
I have just spent the last week doing a full on detail to my car lights out wheels off the works and
done the ceramic coating my self ( and left in work under infer red lights to harden )
well worth all the hard work
Weather here hasn't been that great one week it's sunny the next it's been raining which is unusual for us. Hopefully soon I'll get around to this.

I'm getting my Tuxedo Black ceramic coated next Friday. I'll try to take before and after pictures for the thread. The car is 2 weeks old so I don't know how big of a difference there will be. Also going to get my wheels coated and sealed as well.

KKaWing

Just a warning from the local Chemical Guys shop... the ceramic coatings work, and work very well. Make sure your paint is perfect because the ceramic coat will seal in whatever imperfection, and it will be basically permanent.

I am thinking about Ceramic coat to my car as soon as I get it from the dealer. I am curious to hear of other's experiences and what costs to expect. In as much as the car will be new, I don't feel there should be much in surface preparation prior to the treatment. [scratch]

I am thinking about Ceramic coat to my car as soon as I get it from the dealer. I am curious to hear of other's experiences and what costs to expect. In as much as the car will be new, I don't feel there should be much in surface preparation prior to the treatment. [scratch]
In detailing there's a common phrase called dealership swirls. You will still want to give your car a look over before coating it. If you take it to a shop, they're going to look it over and prep it anyway. It's the professional thing to do.

As for cost, you would have to call up the shop. DIY kits start from $50.

https://www.amazon.com/Carpro-Cquar...pID=41RqL8bgVZL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I've seen CQuartz being used on a car at a museum. A '61 Plymouth with solid, but faded paint. the coating was amazing. Brought the whole car to a slightly darker, but consistent color, and very shiny.

Ford Community Posts