Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ceramic coatings?

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Anyone ever try these coatings? I have a black Fist and out the dealer it had swirls from their improper washing. The clear coat seems very soft on this car and I started to look up on how to protect it. Started reading other forums and watching YouTube videos on these coatings and they seem to work. I came across Carpro Cquartz which has been around for a bit and has a good reputation, has anyone done this before? Thanks

I'm getting mine done by myself using carbon collective oracle it's ?50 here in the UK absolute bargain. To get rid of those horrid swirls I used gtechniq polish by hand and they completely disappeared. Beware if you do it yourself make sure the surface is completely clean.

OP
E

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #3
I'm getting mine done by myself using carbon collective oracle it's ?50 here in the UK absolute bargain. To get rid of those horrid swirls I used gtechniq polish by hand and they completely disappeared. Beware if you do it yourself make sure the surface is completely clean.
I will wash, clay and polish the paint before applying it. I got everything ready to go so I think I'll do the hood tomorrow to see how it comes out.

Post before/after Picts if you do get it done please!

I have issues with the clear coat being soft as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
E

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #5
Post before/after Picts if you do get it done please!

I have issues with the clear coat being soft as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I'll note down the products I'll use and pictures.

OP
E

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #7
I'm looking at Ceramic Pro 9H for my rigs... looks like a heck of a product!

Please post up any reviews!
Will do. I was going to do it this week but I was waiting for a few detailing products to get delivered.

I have both opticoat gloss coat and polish angel glasscoat cosmic...

Will they reduce swirls? maybe.

What does it actually do? Its like a super ultra sealant, really just protects from dirt, it will NOT save you from a rock chip or the swirlomatic from the dealers/bs car wash.

it requires just as much maintenance as not having a coating, so YMMV.

Not all coatings are created equal... Im going to put the Polish Angel Cosmic on my fiesta (even tho some fucktard already messed up my rear bumper... I touched it up and polished it out.. looks half decent)... Opt on a E350, and whatever else I might try in the future on some other cars.

Polish Angel
Opticoat Glosscoat
CQuartz
Gtechniq
and maybe 1 or 2 more "name" brands are reliable... these are the better/harder/more swirl resistant coatings around, I cant speak for anything else as I never even seen them in person.

ohdirka

I have Cquartz Finest on mine.

I detail a lot of very high end cars and have used many other coatings and Cquartz is easily the best. I understand that everyone doesn't want to fork out a ton of money for Finest, but Cquartz classic and UK are very very good as well for a fraction of the cost.

If your going to get it coated... take it to a professional installer. It may cost more but it will definitely last longer and will be warrantied. The paint has to be in absolute perfect condition before applying the coating. That means no micromarring which can sometimes be a pain to polish out. Then every square inch needs to be cleaned with a paint cleaner to remove all the oils from the polish or your fingers. Then the coating can be applied. The whole process on a daily driven car may take a day to two days depending on the condition of the paint.

masonsturbos

I have tux black, I did a full paint correction- m105-m205 then cquartz- and the outcome is amazing. I'm a college student and having time to wash the car is tough to find, besides wheels, I can spray the car off with a hose- or if it rains- and most the dirt and dust is off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

grnmachine02

I have tux black, I did a full paint correction- m105-m205 then cquartz- and the outcome is amazing. I'm a college student and having time to wash the car is tough to find, besides wheels, I can spray the car off with a hose- or if it rains- and most the dirt and dust is off.

Did you install the coating yourself? I'm seriously considering using cquartz after doing some paint correction before winter officially arrives. I'm confident in my ability to put the coating on, I'm just curious if you had any trouble.

masonsturbos

I sure did. I did 2 coats on the hood, windshield, and roof.
Make sure the car is clean, start applying in 1 direction then apply perpendicular to the previous, let it sit, then wipe off and make sure you get it all

OP
E

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #13
Make sure the car is clean, start applying in 1 direction then apply perpendicular to the previous, let it sit, then wipe off and make sure you get it all

On the front windshield? Did it cause any distortion? How's it been against micro scratches?

grnmachine02

Nice. I plan on coating just about everything. Lights, wheels, errythang.

I've been seriously considering doing a ceramic coating on my FiST. I've recently been researching Carbon Collective. They're a UK based company but have a great following and quality product. They sell a kit, with all coatings included, for like $350. Comes with everything you need if you didn't have anything to detail. Also, Adams Polishes just released their new coatings. I've always loved using their products so I might try theirs as well. Chemical Guys also has one but am unsure of how it is. Need to look more into it.

OP
E

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #18
I've been seriously considering doing a ceramic coating on my FiST. I've recently been researching Carbon Collective. They're a UK based company but have a great following and quality product. They sell a kit, with all coatings included, for like $350. Comes with everything you need if you didn't have anything to detail. Also, Adams Polishes just released their new coatings. I've always loved using their products so I might try theirs as well. Chemical Guys also has one but am unsure of how it is. Need to look more into it.
Just a few months back I got hooked on Chemical Guys products and that's where I first saw the coating but seemed pricey and not many reviews. I began to research them and saw many of them for half the price and ended up getting Cquartz which I believe is from Europe and I found good reviews on different forums. I've been meaning to get rid of the swirls and apply the coating but we just finally got the garage cleaned out so maybe next week I'll get to it.

As you can see I'm hooked on CG
RenderedContent-9C4F0FDD-7AFD-484F-9DCF-F33B5AF2CDC0.JPG

Just a few months back I got hooked on Chemical Guys products and that's where I first saw the coating but seemed pricey and not many reviews. I began to research them and saw many of them for half the price and ended up getting Cquartz which I believe is from Europe and I found good reviews on different forums. I've been meaning to get rid of the swirls and apply the coating but we just finally got the garage cleaned out so maybe next week I'll get to it.

As you can see I'm hooked on CG
View attachment 12618
I actually got to visit Chemical Guys headquarters in L.A. when on my honeymoon. The guys were awesome and Greg personally toured me. They have a lot of good products and I've bought from them for a long time. I'm trying to build my "go to" arsenal right now. It's a mix up but I like a lot of the products. If you haven't tried Adam's Polishes new wheel cleaner do yourself a favor. Its a great cleaner with Iron-X built in basically. It WORKS! Especially on our dusty wheels...

Also, if you don't have a foam cannon GET ONE!! They are AMAZE-BAWLS!! It helps with the detailing speed as well as the "hands-off" approach. I love mine!