Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Robo build

I haven't done a build thread for this car, but I sure have thought about it for quite awhile.... I've done one on many cars that came before (Mr2 Spyder, BMW M Coupe, MK3 GTI VR6SC, on and on) and have enjoyed a break and getting into my other hobbies. I'm actually expecting some parts for a RV Build own going to do on a 14' Ram Promaster high roof cargo van I just purchased. Something new and different to try!

Anyhow, back to the FIST. I sold my 02' Mr2 Spyder with a 2zz/6sp swap (poor man's Elise) and was looking for something with some Torque and have always loved hatches. I picked up a Tuxedo Black 14' FIST with all options. I wanted white, but there really weren't any available in the pre-owned market.

I've had the car for over a year now and have been taking my time with the mods to really enjoy the progress.

The car sits right now on 15x8 TD wheels I picked up for track purposes and I have a set of 17x7 TR Motorsports wheels for daily. Stock suspension otherwise.

Exterior wise I like clean and subtle so the Mountune splitter and their spoiler extension fit the bill. I did paint matched vinyl covers over the orange lenses in the headlights.

Power mods are where I spent most of my dollars. I wasn't sure if I'd go bigger or BIG turbo so I installed the DHM Race Intercooler with bar. I have black Injen Intake and made an air box for it. I actually planned on selling the air box as an add on, but have gotten side tracked. On the other end of things I only have an ATP pipe after taking note from others' experience that the cat-back was not an essential mod early on, plus I enjoy the quiet cruising. I've installed a Cobb Rear Motor Mount to help control the engine rocking under torque and hitting the firewall. I experienced that one time and placed an order for a new mount that day. I did also install a Tune+ Turbo smart Waste gate to remedy some surging I was experiencing. A Mishimoto Catch can was installed to help keep the intake all clean.

I of course have a Cobb Access port and have a custom 91 octane tune from Tune+.

Today (Halloween 16') I've emailed Adam at Tune+ for my base tune for this X37 turbo I have sitting here and am trying to get my ass in gear and the garage ready for the install.

I have a 2 point lower tie bar, Mountune hotside pipe, Tune+ plugs, and a couple No Pistons bling parts to install along with the turbo. I have the gasket set for the X-37 and hopefully everything else I'll need. I've done the downpipe and waste gate so I've been in there before. F$#! that shield over the turbo I'm sure you'll agree. Haha

OP
V
Thread Starter #8
It's awesome. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!

The dreaded heatshield is off.

Not as bad as the first time, but I forgot the trick so it was still a little battle.

OP
V
Thread Starter #10
Yeah, but 205/40/17.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
V
Thread Starter #11

Had this stud back out a bit so it needed to be turned back in. A 5mm socket fits quite well on the end of the studs to turn it in if you don't have the correct female torx style.

OP
V
Thread Starter #13

Everything transferring over to the new turbo except for the bypass valve, which needs to be off so the turbo assembly has the necessary clearance to be slid in or off the manifold studs. If you're not removing the manifold then removing the bypass valve will allow you to remove the turbo assembly from the manifold and downpipe and remove it from the bottom. The bypass valve hits a bracket holding the drive shaft. Three T-30 Torx are holding it on.

I had everything mounted as of yesterday. I checked all the threads for easy installation and used anti-seize when re-installing. New gaskets used on the manifold, downpipe, and top of the oil return line.

OP
V
Thread Starter #14

Here are the gasket part numbers including the manifold gasket if you wanted to remove that for porting or any other reason.

OP
V
Thread Starter #15
Think you'll have it in today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, it's all finished up as far as the turbo goes. Before I get it off the lift I still have to put on the Pierce 2 point brace, new plugs, oil change, and then run her some to check for leaks (oil/water) before i put the heatshield back on. I'm excited!

OP
V
Thread Starter #16
Mountune hot side pipe is installed as well as all clamps are switched over to the Mountune clamps. They are better than stock, but there are much better out there. They are sufficient for this I think.

OP
V
Thread Starter #17

Pierce 2 pt. Installed. 46 ft lbs plus 180.... That is freaking tight on this ladies and gentleman. I had to get off my crawler to get enough umph.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Mountune hot side pipe is installed as well as all clamps are switched over to the Mountune clamps. They are better than stock, but there are much better out there. They are sufficient for this I think.

You would think that they would give you t-bolt clamps with those pipes, but then I guess they would charge you another $100.00+ for each pipe kit. [:(]

At least they use Samco silicone hoses for everything. [thumb]

OP
V
Thread Starter #19
Samco used to be the biggest name in silicone connectors and I would buy them for my past cars. They are great and deserve a well earned good reputation. I didn't see a full set of their hoses for the fist when I looked a year ago or so. The DHM intercooler came with to Tbolt clamps, my mountune pipe came with their clamps, and the clamp that connects the cold side to the final inlet pipe has a nice slip two piece style clamp so it really doesn't need to be replaced. I have a lot of clamps left over from that bag!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
V
Thread Starter #20

Here is what an approx 30k plug looks like compared to a new Denso ITV22#4. All my plugs look the same, which is good!