Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Tech Racing Upper Engine Mount Ford Fiesta ST 1.6L Turbocharged

Trader history for TurboTechRacing (0)

Durometer rating?With CP-E releasing their engine/transmission mounts but at a much higher price, these catch my eye but I would like as much info as possible. The site doesn't provide much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TurboTechRacing
Thread Starter #5
75 durameter, perfect balance of engine movement control and minimal added vibrations.

Pardon my ignorance but this is also known as the passenger side motor mount?

What are the cons to using a solid piece like this to replace what is essentially a moving part. The engine moves quite a bit and so I'm just worried this maybe will have negative consequences. I'm not concerned with NVH at all but I'm worried that the energy transfer will not be absorbed and lead to problems somewhere else.

ETA: I didn't initially notice that it indeed does have a bushing, so there is still some sort of movement/energy absorption going on.

OP
TurboTechRacing
Thread Starter #17
What are the cons to using a solid piece like this to replace what is essentially a moving part. The engine moves quite a bit and so I'm just worried this maybe will have negative consequences. I'm not concerned with NVH at all but I'm worried that the energy transfer will not be absorbed and lead to problems somewhere else.

ETA: I didn't initially notice that it indeed does have a bushing, so there is still some sort of movement/energy absorption going on.
Your correct there is still a bushing.

Are there only three mounts for the engine? Rear, upper/passenger, and transmission?

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
75 durameter, perfect balance of engine movement control and minimal added vibrations.

I picked up one of these used from a member on here and it vibrates a ton imo. Did you make them all same durameter etc? I expected just a little vibration. Makes car sound like has loud leaking exhaust lol