Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Tech Racing Upper Engine Mount Ford Fiesta ST 1.6L Turbocharged

Trader history for TurboTechRacing (0)

OP
TurboTechRacing
Thread Starter #21
I picked up one of these used from a member on here and it vibrates a ton imo. Did you make them all same durameter etc? I expected just a little vibration. Makes car sound like has loud leaking exhaust lol
Assuming you just have 1? That maybe a big reason why.

If you hold one side firm, and let the other side be soft/stock, the drivetrain will move on that side, and that movement now has to be stopped by the TTR side, causing vibrations. If you hold BOTH sides firm, it cannot get the movement, nor build up on the vibrations.

Mounts are best when you have both upper, supporting both sides. The lower rear also helps, and should also be used.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club

If you hold one side firm, and let the other side be soft/stock, the drivetrain will move on that side, and that movement now has to be stopped by the TTR side, causing vibrations. If you hold BOTH sides firm, it cannot get the movement, nor build up on the vibrations.

Mounts are best when you have both upper, supporting both sides. The lower rear also helps, and should also be used.

Thanks much and well said.Guess I just need to get the drivers side one.

Thanks again

jeff

2000 Post Club

Well said, a guy down the street installed the passengers side only and it vibrated like crazy. Once he installed the drivers side all was well. Need to do both.

Interesting. I just did my mountune rear motor mount and I really like that. Was looking at these bushing insert that were only like $50. But I remember have turbotech products on my old cobalt. I'm thinking I might be getting these this summer.

OP
TurboTechRacing
Thread Starter #32
Interesting. I just did my mountune rear motor mount and I really like that. Was looking at these bushing insert that were only like $50. But I remember have turbotech products on my old cobalt. I'm thinking I might be getting these this summer.
We have them in stock, both upper engine and upper transmission.