Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb ap tune file size and how it relates to a tune?

TUX15ST

I was just curious if anyone that knows, could enlighten me on whether or not the file size (kb) of a flash/custom tune for a cobb ap3 has any relation to the power that the car produces or the parameters that are actually changed with the tune? I have tunes on my ap3 from 4 different sources and i see some varying tune file sizes so i was just curious if this actually meant something or not?

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
File size and power have nothing to do with each other. The file is probably bigger because some tuners might use more tables then others or there are more maps activated then another file. The file with five maps will probably be bigger then the one with three maps.

OP
T

TUX15ST

Thread Starter #3
file size and power have nothing to do with each other. The file is probably bigger because some tuners might use more tables then others or there are more maps activated then another file. The file with five maps will probably be bigger then the one with three maps.
what your saying makes sense for some, but i have 3 different pro tunes with no map switching or different maps with very different file sizes and if some are using more tables, would that equal a better tune?