Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone use the FORScan software before?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I recently replaced my factory wheels and tires with 16" wheels and 205/50R16 rubber. I've changed the rolling diameter in FORScan to the 1875mm setting. My speedometer is about 2.6% slow which I know seems minor but it's driving me nuts. Has anyone had any luck directly editing the HEX value that that setting appears to change? In the ASBUILT data it changes line 720-27-11 when the rolling diameter is adjusted. Set to the 1875mm setting it reads 0000 A30A 000C. The HEX value of A30A doesn't really correspond to anything.

I would just adjust it one more up

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I recently replaced my factory wheels and tires with 16" wheels and 205/50R16 rubber. I've changed the rolling diameter in FORScan to the 1875mm setting. My speedometer is about 2.6% slow which I know seems minor but it's driving me nuts. Has anyone had any luck directly editing the HEX value that that setting appears to change? In the ASBUILT data it changes line 720-27-11 when the rolling diameter is adjusted. Set to the 1875mm setting it reads 0000 A30A 000C. The HEX value of A30A doesn't really correspond to anything.
I am not sure how they are scaling if you can choose a size see what the code is then go one up you maybe able to understand how to manually code the hex

Typically 1 on 0 off but it can also mean a number so after 9 you do a to z

It all seems to decide one what part of code you are working with that they have changed how it works.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I would just adjust it one more up

I am not sure how they are scaling if you can choose a size see what the code is then go one up you maybe able to understand how to manually code the hex

Typically 1 on 0 off but it can also mean a number so after 9 you do a to z

It all seems to decide one what part of code you are working with that they have changed how it works.

Pro tip: don’t do this, haha.

I found the pattern they were using in the HEX advanced it to 0000 A50A 000E and bricked the IPC. Had to jump power to it and flash it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah! Well glad you know how to fix it.
Where is the ipc located at and what wire did you jump power to?

Oh yeah! Well glad you know how to fix it.
Where is the ipc located at and what wire did you jump power to?

This was the post I followed to fix it: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...r-with-Forscan?p=302555&viewfull=1#post302555

I may have been wrong about the HEX I used also. Gonna do a little more research I guess. Even smarter would probably be just to leave well enough alone before I really break it. [tongue]

Ok so ipc is very bad to change codes without being sure the hex works unless you don't mind jumping to figure the codes out
This was the post I followed to fix it: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...r-with-Forscan?p=302555&viewfull=1#post302555

I may have been wrong about the HEX I used also. Gonna do a little more research I guess. Even smarter would probably be just to leave well enough alone before I really break it. [tongue]

Ok so ipc is very bad to change codes without being sure the hex works unless you don't mind jumping to figure the codes out

The problem is that when the IPC decides to lock itself down the Start button no longer functions and you can't even turn on the car. So you have to jump power to it to be able to flash it again. It's scary as hell, but it is fixable.

Yea scary if there wasn't a write up about it.
if you understand what's going on and what you have to do to fix it
The problem is that when the IPC decides to lock itself down the Start button no longer functions and you can't even turn on the car. So you have to jump power to it to be able to flash it again. It's scary as hell, but it is fixable.