Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone use the FORScan software before?

Subbing to the thread. I love the idea of being able to make some of the suggested changes. Particually the rearview camera.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Subbing to the thread. I love the idea of being able to make some of the suggested changes. Particually the rearview camera.

I played with this setting today and got it to turn on the screen looking for the camera. So success on part one. Now I just need to install a camera. I'll keep you posted. I'm pretty sure I have the setting correct as I now get a "no camera" type of message when I put it into reverse.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

How are you connecting? I have a Bluetooth elm. Are you using a smartphone, or laptop? I would need to get a Bluetooth adapter to use my laptop.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
How are you connecting? I have a Bluetooth elm. Are you using a smartphone, or laptop? I would need to get a Bluetooth adapter to use my laptop.

Smart phone won't work, it has to be a Windows laptop or tablet. The Android application technically works but only as a data monitor and code scanner. You can't modify values like the full version.

And if you prefer a cord, you can use a USB to OBD2 adapter.

I played with this setting today and got it to turn on the screen looking for the camera. So success on part one. Now I just need to install a camera. I'll keep you posted. I'm pretty sure I have the setting correct as I now get a "no camera" type of message when I put it into reverse.

Glad to hear that part works. I will upload the link I have tomorrow when I'm at work that has the FoST install. My concern is wiring to the screen and if they are the same as the FoST. I really hope my camera comes this week.

[/QUOTE]And if you prefer a cord, you can use a USB to OBD2 adapter.[/QUOTE]

This is probably the easiest if you have a AP. Just use the cord from that and get a $5 female micro usb to male usb adapter off of amazon.

**I am not sure what I was thinking. I was looking at the AP cable last night, for some reason I thought it was a micro usb, but sadly it isn't. I guess that will teach me to double check before posting.**

nice! I've seen a couple pictures of the OEM camera on EU Fiestas, if someone has already verified part numbers to do this post them up. So far I found D2BZ19G490C camera module, some trim bracket that I'm not even sure is for the hatchbacks D2BZ19H421A, and then a way cheaper camera module for the sedans D2BZ19G490D. I found some discussion on a focus forum and there is apparently some control module needed for those cars.

knowing precious little about how much these fords can be reprogrammed, here are some things to add to the wish list:
- removal of a lot of the notification dings since they are maddening and often come with no actual information. Stuff like if you start the engine before latching your seatbelt.
- sport mode on the stability control by default. If you have the stratified/cobb spark-based traction control gotta turn off the aggressive ford tcs.
- programming for plug and play support of the euro projector and LED DRL headlamps (heard somewhere this might be possible). I think most have wired the DRLs as parking lights but it would be cool for them to work 100% as they do from the factory in Europe. I'm guessing they do things like shut off the DRL when the turn signal is on (I know Focuses and most other cars these days do it).
- shift light on/off/adjustment? I know cobb pro tuners can do this, but unsure if aftermarket tunes would then overwrite this setting
- audio things? Have seen complaints about the stock stereo cutting bass at higher volume levels, which sounds like it would mess with any speaker level inputs on aftermarket subwoofers.

I'm definitely gonna poke around in forscan a bit when I'm back to the car later this week.

I am super interested in the backup camera info. I used forscan to reset the airbag codes when I put in recaros from a smashed fiesta so I know it's awesome.

Is the navigation setting on the Ms-can or hs-can? I have a switch on order to modify my ELM, but wondering if I'll need to for that?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Is the navigation setting on the Ms-can or hs-can? I have a switch on order to modify my ELM, but wondering if I'll need to for that?

The NAV is controlled by the APIM. You just need to OBD tool I mentioned above.

I'm wondering if there is a tool that can just back up the ECU to a file and then flash a file back to the ECU. It's what I'm used to with my Evo. Is this something Forscan can do? From what I can tell, the AP just flashes it's own and doesn't have the capacity to save to a file and then flash from any saved file.

Sorry if this is perceived as off-topic!

well I ordered my ODB2 cable and a A5 Nav card. My rear view camera still hasn't come in yet, so maybe next weekend. I guess it is a good thing cause I had my hands full installing motor mounts, changing tranny fluid and installing a rear view mirror with homelink. If anything I will have the Nav up soon.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
PM me if you need help getting the NAV done. It's been working perfectly on mine since I updated. It only cost me the price of the OBD Link MX. So happy to have this. Next up, back up camera through the stock touch screen.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I'm foaming at the mouth for a back up camera.
I'm working on it. I already have the screen setting looking for the camera when I shift into reverse. I just need time to install the camera that I have. I'll keep you updated but I have other car projects that are first.

I'm working on it. I already have the screen setting looking for the camera when I shift into reverse. I just need time to install the camera that I have. I'll keep you updated but I have other car projects that are first.

No worries I'm patient. I helped people figure out how to get the backup camera on the FRS/BRZ. All it needed was a pin in the back to tell it to enable it and then two pins for the camera itself. Looking forward to seeing what you accomplish!

Do we know if the Ford site for getting as-builts works for non-american cars too? Looking to see the programming differences between EDM and USDM specifically, to try and figure out something with DRL

It seems to me, from all the reading on XDA,that the codes are the same for both EDM and USDM.