Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone use the FORScan software before?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Do we know if the Ford site for getting as-builts works for non-american cars too? Looking to see the programming differences between EDM and USDM specifically, to try and figure out something with DRL
Let me know if you find anything. I'd like to get DRLs working on my USDM Fiesta ST. Such a small car anything to be more visible is a help in my book.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Let me know if you find anything. I'd like to get DRLs working on my USDM Fiesta ST. Such a small car anything to be more visible is a help in my book.

Found this http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2334 if you want to give it a try. I'll give it a try if the headlights do in fact come tomorrow. I haven't even seen this ez mode in forscan yet.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Found this http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2334 if you want to give it a try. I'll give it a try if the headlights do in fact come tomorrow. I haven't even seen this ez mode in forscan yet.
I'm aware of that. I just haven't tried it yet. I did get the NAV to work and the touch screen to acknowledge looking for the backup camera. Now I just need to install my camera. Pretty sure I'm getting close on that. Next up is to figure out how to engage DRLS.

FYI, if you are playing with forscan, you may want to go ahead and apply for the extended license. To do so, you have to register on the site and be approved. So if you are trying to do it right away, it won't work. LOL

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

yeah i'd definitely recommend at least registering on the forum before you even use the software. That said, when I registered it was on a sunday and someone approved the registration pretty quickly

I'm aware of that. I just haven't tried it yet. I did get the NAV to work and the touch screen to acknowledge looking for the backup camera. Now I just need to install my camera. Pretty sure I'm getting close on that. Next up is to figure out how to engage DRLS.

There is a pretty good youtube on switching on DRL. I'll try and find it again.

There is a pretty good youtube on switching on DRL. I'll try and find it again.

I just did it, can confirm it's that easy to enable DRL on USDM FiST. my "Daytime running lamps" setting was set to standard dipped, I set it to "always dipped lights except in position P" and it worked. Headlamps come on as soon as the parking brake is released.

There's a setting for a backup chime, don't bother playing with it unless you want. It just uses the normal chime like when you start the car before buckling your seatbelt. It's an interior chime to like remind you that you're in reverse, I guess.

FYI, if anyone follows the NAV update from the F150 faq, make sure and remove the usb stick after the update applies and the SYNC splash screen shows up and the house keeping message is displayed. I was on version 3.7, and SYNC my ride said I was up to date even though version 3.8 was available so I had to use the file from the FAQ. It has a auto-install feature so it kept trying to upgrade each time SYNC booted up. Getting the usb removed at the right time took 3 tries and about 2 hours. It was very frustrating. No wonder Ford dumped Microsoft. Talk about clunky.

So far, it looks like the claims that a few clicks in forscan make the LED DRL on the euro headlamps work were guesses, not factual. Just an FYI for anyone who thought they'd give that a go. I played around with all the different combinations of the headlamp type and DRL settings and couldn't get anything to happen. It was worth a shot!

Current plan now is to map out the various electrical states wire by wire and see if setting the headlamp type setting changes that behavior at all.

Question for you guys getting headlights with DRLs, where are you getting them and how much?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I just did it, can confirm it's that easy to enable DRL on USDM FiST. my "Daytime running lamps" setting was set to standard dipped, I set it to "always dipped lights except in position P" and it worked. Headlamps come on as soon as the parking brake is released.

There's a setting for a backup chime, don't bother playing with it unless you want. It just uses the normal chime like when you start the car before buckling your seatbelt. It's an interior chime to like remind you that you're in reverse, I guess.
What setting in FORScan did you use to get the DRLs to come on?

What setting in FORScan did you use to get the DRLs to come on?

the one mentioned in my previous post. not near my windows computer to actually get the exact wording but in Central Configuration there are settings for headlamp type, DRL mode, that sort of thing.

the DRL setting is something like "always on except for position P" which on manual cars means car is on and parking brake is off.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club

Do you have a 2016 FiST? I tried in the Central configuration (Backup) in mine and used your recommended setting and...nothing. I also tried the other setting...nothing. I was able to get the foglamps to come on with just the park lights and of course low beams but not with the high beams. I tried the reverse chime...nothing. I guess you don't know until you try. I always leave my FiST set to auto headlamps with fogs enabled. But I tried all of the manual settings and still couldn't get the DRL's to work. If anyone else has a 2015 and got DRL's to work, let me know.

Do you have a 2016 FiST? I tried in the Central configuration (Backup) in mine and used your recommended setting and...nothing. I also tried the other setting...nothing. I was able to get the foglamps to come on with just the parking brake but not with the high beams. I tried the reverse chime...nothing. I guess you don't know until you try. I always leave my FiST set to auto headlamps with fogs enabled. But I tried all of the manual settings and still couldn't get the DRL's to work. If anyone else has a 2015 and got DRL's to work, let me know.
From the youtube I saw on an f150, I think he only got the parking lights to come on with the del setting if I recall correctly.

Do you have a 2016 FiST? I tried in the Central configuration (Backup) in mine and used your recommended setting and...nothing. I also tried the other setting...nothing. I was able to get the foglamps to come on with just the park lights and of course low beams but not with the high beams. I tried the reverse chime...nothing. I guess you don't know until you try. I always leave my FiST set to auto headlamps with fogs enabled. But I tried all of the manual settings and still couldn't get the DRL's to work. If anyone else has a 2015 and got DRL's to work, let me know.
Mine is a 16 yeah, but I doubt it's relevant here. It has to be in Central Configuration (Main) not the backup module. the backup module is only loaded if the main one is broken.

The Daytime Running Lamps setting should be set to 03 "Always dipped lights except in position P" and the "Headlights, type" left alone. Once you write that and go through the car off/on cycle as it instructs, turn on the car with the headlamp switch in the off position, and release the parking brake (in neutral, clutch in, etc). The dipped lights (low beams) should come on. Not sure if the engine had to be running for that but I don't believe so.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Mine is a 16 yeah, but I doubt it's relevant here. It has to be in Central Configuration (Main) not the backup module. the backup module is only loaded if the main one is broken.

The Daytime Running Lamps setting should be set to 03 "Always dipped lights except in position P" and the "Headlights, type" left alone. Once you write that and go through the car off/on cycle as it instructs, turn on the car with the headlamp switch in the off position, and release the parking brake (in neutral, clutch in, etc). The dipped lights (low beams) should come on. Not sure if the engine had to be running for that but I don't believe so.
I figured it out this morning. I had no access to the Main, only the Backup on my 2015. What I was able to do was to "write to main" after setting everything up in the backup and that worked. On the main I only had access to "Autolock" and "Tire Size". All is good now and the DRL's are working. I also enabled the foglamps to work with just the park lights and I did enable to reverse chime, although I may change that setting back. Now onto getting my backup camera installed. I already set it up to work in FORScan and the car is looking for it when I reverse. I also noticed that I have a camera setting in my "Settings" menu now that allows you to enable or disable it there. This software is amazing. I asked my dealer to enable the DRL and they said it wasn't possible.

I figured it out this morning. I had no access to the Main, only the Backup on my 2015. What I was able to do was to "write to main" after setting everything up in the backup and that worked. On the main I only had access to "Autolock" and "Tire Size". All is good now and the DRL's are working. I also enabled the foglamps to work with just the park lights and I did enable to reverse chime, although I may change that setting back. Now onto getting my backup camera installed. I already set it up to work in FORScan and the car is looking for it when I reverse. I also noticed that I have a camera setting in my "Settings" menu now that allows you to enable or disable it there. This software is amazing. I asked my dealer to enable the DRL and they said it wasn't possible.
I can't wait for this! Will you be sharing the code and steps to enable it with forscan? Also what camera did you go with?

Is the camera (plus wiring, trim pieces, etc) the only hardware here? Or is there some module that plugs in under the dash to receive the wire from the camera?

Interesting about the differences in forscan. What OBDII device are you using? I'm running the obdlink mx bluetooth. My other bluetooth ELM327 thing sees a much more limited set of modules (no MS-CAN support). Your fog lights didn't work with the parking lights stock? I've done that mod on prior cars and was happy to see I didn't have to on my '16.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Interesting about the differences in forscan. What OBDII device are you using? I'm running the obdlink mx bluetooth. My other bluetooth ELM327 thing sees a much more limited set of modules (no MS-CAN support). Your fog lights didn't work with the parking lights stock? I've done that mod on prior cars and was happy to see I didn't have to on my '16.
I'm using a new OBDLink MX Bluetooth that I just bought. I believe the difference is 2015 to 2016. You have Sync 3 and I have Sync 2. I just started using FORScan so I should have the latest version. Not sure what else could explain it.

As for the camera I have a lot of work to do there. I am doing my research now as the one I bought with the RCA connectors is not just a plug and play with the Ford harness. I am still trying to figure that one out. I have my touch screen apart right now looking at the connectors.