Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone use the FORScan software before?

I'm using a new OBDLink MX Bluetooth that I just bought. I believe the difference is 2015 to 2016. You have Sync 3 and I have Sync 2. I just started using FORScan so I should have the latest version. Not sure what else could explain it.

As for the camera I have a lot of work to do there. I am doing my research now as the one I bought with the RCA connectors is not just a plug and play with the Ford harness. I am still trying to figure that one out. I have my touch screen apart right now looking at the connectors.
Maybe this will help?

https://navtv.com/media/products_file/2015/01/12/My_Ford_Touch_CAM_rB9_2.pdf

CarGuy

1000 Post Club

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
I'm using a new OBDLink MX Bluetooth that I just bought. I believe the difference is 2015 to 2016. You have Sync 3 and I have Sync 2. I just started using FORScan so I should have the latest version. Not sure what else could explain it.

As for the camera I have a lot of work to do there. I am doing my research now as the one I bought with the RCA connectors is not just a plug and play with the Ford harness. I am still trying to figure that one out. I have my touch screen apart right now looking at the connectors.
Hopefully you figure this out, I'd like to add a rear view cam.

Any luck with the double honk while the vehicle is on?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Hopefully you figure this out, I'd like to add a rear view cam.

Any luck with the double honk while the vehicle is on?
I haven't touched that one yet. I enabled the chime while in reverse and after driving the ST today, will go back and set it to disable, which is the factory default setting.

I'm curious if it's possible to disable the hyperflash that occurs when you use led switchbacks in place of normal halogen bulbs as blinkers. It would be much easier than finding a place to mount resistors near the headlights without melting anything.

Yeah, I was watching a Ford Focus install this morning and saw that. Pins 15 and 16 into the harness. I will do more research later tonight. Anyone have a Fiesta ST wiring diagram?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Found the diagram for the camera input!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10954/Stuff/Fiesta-backupcam-wiring.pdf

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=1069334 <--AIPM wiring!

I'm curious if it's possible to disable the hyperflash that occurs when you use led switchbacks in place of normal halogen bulbs as blinkers. It would be much easier than finding a place to mount resistors near the headlights without melting anything.
Seems the F150 folks have been able to http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2316

Could one of you with the OBDLink MX post a screen shot or a list of the additional options you're getting in the BdyCM (I think that's what it's called) section? I just have a standard cheapo bluetooth OBD, and while I was able to change my boot screen to the ST one, I can't access any of the additional functions. I'm just curious if it's worth it to spend the extra $80 to buy the OBDLink MX so I can get into the additional functions. Thanks!

brbauer2

Could one of you with the OBDLink MX post a screen shot or a list of the additional options you're getting in the BdyCM (I think that's what it's called) section? I just have a standard cheapo bluetooth OBD, and while I was able to change my boot screen to the ST one, I can't access any of the additional functions. I'm just curious if it's worth it to spend the extra $80 to buy the OBDLink MX so I can get into the additional functions. Thanks!
If your looking to add the HS/MS CAN switch, take a look here. I plan on doing it just to have it done since I have a switch laying around.

I'm curious in this list of BdyCM functions as well if you could provide the list once your adapter ships.

brbauer2

I actually broke down and bought the OBDLink MX. Patience doesn't seem to be one of my stronger traits! Lol!
Geez...was only a couple hours [cool]

I'm curious in this list of BdyCM functions as well if you could provide the list once your adapter ships.
Would be a good reference to have screenshots.

I'm gonna visit my car tonight to install a few little things so I'll try to grab some screenshots of the stuff available in the easy mode in forscan. There is a lot that just hasn't been explored yet though

Hey, folks, I've been watching this thread for a while and see some value in what Forscan and a proper OBDII adapter can do. But there are two things I'd like to know about it:

1) can it also toy with air/fuel and other dynamic driving settings?
2) can it back up the ECU to a file and then restore the ECU from a file?

Thanks.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Hey, folks, I've been watching this thread for a while and see some value in what Forscan and a proper OBDII adapter can do. But there are two things I'd like to know about it:

1) can it also toy with air/fuel and other dynamic driving settings?
2) can it back up the ECU to a file and then restore the ECU from a file?

Thanks.
No to question #1 - Yes to question #2

No to question #1 - Yes to question #2

Well, then that begs the question: can it back up the ECU as modified by an AP, as well as the other settings we know Forscan can change, and then restore it.

The reason I ask is a bit hard to explain. I'm looking at some way to preserve a tune plus whatever other setting mods someone has impressed on the ECU and backing it up in order to be restored. Perhaps the dealer has a flash based on some TSB. I can backup my entire tune/tweak setup before it goes in for the dealer reflash. I will have an ability to restore the car to the way it was before the dealer reflash and be able to put the dealer reflash back on at will.

Personally, I find this attractive for a) setting up the car I want it, b) restoring the car to a dealership-friendly configuration before it goes in, c) backing up before sets of changes, and d) restoring any configuration I want on demand.

A failing I see - from my very basic understanding - of professional tunes with an AP is not being able to integrate dealership reflashes for TSB and other service reasons. If I had a way to back up any state of the ECU at any time and to be able to restore any saved state at any time, I can tweak to my heart's content and be able to recover to any configuration/reflash/tweak state I wish.

I hope this makes sense. APs having some flash image on them that's supposed to be "stock" bothers me as the dealership and Ford may redefine what "stock" means at any time.

Geez...was only a couple hours [cool]

Would be a good reference to have screenshots.
I'll upload the screen shots once my laptop recharges, but found a few quite useful changes available. (not so much for me, but issues I've seen pop up on this forum)

-autolocking can be disabled.
-TPMS can be disabled for those with snow tires that don't want to buy extra sensors.
-airbags can be disabled for those swapping out seats or steering wheels
-reverse camera can be activated (need to buy the parts off a Titanium first)
-wheel size can be changed
-I was able to activate global opening on the windows, but don't know how it's supposed to work, so I haven't tested it yet.
-reverse chime if you want to pretend you're a Prius
-speed governor can be raised/lowered, or removed.

That's just a few of the things that caught my attention.

Global open should work with the lock/unlock button on the keyfob, by holding unlock to open and lock to close. I haven't played around with it yet. If the reverse chime was produced on the exterior of the vehicle I'd totally leave it on for laughs.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
I'll upload the screen shots once my laptop recharges, but found a few quite useful changes available. (not so much for me, but issues I've seen pop up on this forum)

-autolocking can be disabled.
-TPMS can be disabled for those with snow tires that don't want to buy extra sensors.
-airbags can be disabled for those swapping out seats or steering wheels
-reverse camera can be activated (need to buy the parts off a Titanium first)
-wheel size can be changed
-I was able to activate global opening on the windows, but don't know how it's supposed to work, so I haven't tested it yet.
-reverse chime if you want to pretend you're a Prius
-speed governor can be raised/lowered, or removed.

That's just a few of the things that caught my attention.
From the Fost sites it mentions to roll down windows hold down unlock for a few seconds and to roll up hold lock for a few seconds. I'd like to know if it works.