Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone use the FORScan software before?

There is no setting for parking lights to be used as DRL type?
I believe the only DRL setting I was able to get to work was the dipped beam (low beam), which i think works fine with the North American and European headlamps. I think there may have been a parking lamp option. Try it out though! I go months without seeing my car so I'm a bad tester.

Diff between the two: Honk is Vehicle 1, Non-Honk is Vehicle 2

Vehicle Num, Module Address, Data1, Data2, Data
1, 737-01-02, 3447, 5830, 45
2, 737-01-02, 3447, 5831, 45

1, 737-01-03, 4D31, 3334, 38
2, 737-01-03, 4D31, 3630, 30

1, 737-01-04, 3935, , ,
2, 737-01-04, 3438, , ,

1, 760-01-01, 3539, 3834, 33
2, 760-01-01, 3834, 3030, 36

1, 760-01-02, 314D, 4530, 58
2, 760-01-02, 314D, 4531, 58
So is this it? Has someone tried this?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I was somehow able to fumble through and get my DRL disabled finally. :)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Can engine fan on/off activation temps be tweaked via ForScan or does this require an access port and reflash ?

Owners with vehicle or engine build dates prior to May of 2014, (or perhaps the fifth week of 2014,) have concerns about peak engine temperatures. Thermostat and/or engine fan activation settings may be a way for them to influence peak engine temps without swapping parts.

No, those engines only have problems after they lose coolant, if you keep it full there won't be issues, keeping th rad cooler won't do much

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I guess people have a nasty habit of answering a question that wasn't asked. Oh well, I give up. Not my problem...

Can engine fan on/off activation temps be tweaked via ForScan or does this require an access port and reflash ?

Owners with vehicle or engine build dates prior to May of 2014, (or perhaps the fifth week of 2014,) have concerns about peak engine temperatures. Thermostat and/or engine fan activation settings may be a way for them to influence peak engine temps without swapping parts.
Not that I could find, looks to be an ap kind of change

Not that I could find, looks to be an ap kind of change

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

If its controlled by the ECU it should be somewhere in the software. Should be irrelevant of the AP. Reminds me of one of my old cars. Wired a switch under the console to activate the fan any time. Worked great to keep it cool instead of waiting for the heat to be too hot to keep up.

I guess people have a nasty habit of answering a question that wasn't asked. Oh well, I give up. Not my problem...
the answer to your precise question is already in the post, look back a little to find a spreadsheet with all of the functions that are editable across multiple platforms. You chose to not read that so you get the answer you were actually looking for. Because you don't actually understand how rad fans and thermostats work with regards to your question about their actuations and how they affect nominal and peak coolant temps and how a localized hotspot will not be affected at all by these types of changes you get an appropriate response in the guise of "you won't understand why so here is the simple answer that you simply shouldn't question".

Sorry if that offended you but your question was simply a bad question based on misinformation. If you want to slow down your coolant temp rise you can drill one or 2 small holes in the thermostat, however the car will warm up slower and have worse fuel economy and perhaps will be overcooled while at hwy cruise

If its controlled by the ECU it should be somewhere in the software. Should be irrelevant of the AP. Reminds me of one of my old cars. Wired a switch under the console to activate the fan any time. Worked great to keep it cool instead of waiting for the heat to be too hot to keep up.
Fan activation is part of the ecu tune, this software only allows modification of modules, nothing about the tune. You can only access that through an AP or other tuning software.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
[MENTION=2253]CanadianGuy[/MENTION] & [MENTION=4176]nickstewartroc[/MENTION], thank you.

the answer to your precise question is already in the post, look back a little to find a spreadsheet with all of the functions that are editable across multiple platforms. You chose to not read that so you get the answer you were actually looking for. Because you don't actually understand how rad fans and thermostats work with regards to your question about their actuations and how they affect nominal and peak coolant temps and how a localized hotspot will not be affected at all by these types of changes you get an appropriate response in the guise of "you won't understand why so here is the simple answer that you simply shouldn't question".

Sorry if that offended you but your question was simply a bad question based on misinformation. If you want to slow down your coolant temp rise you can drill one or 2 small holes in the thermostat, however the car will warm up slower and have worse fuel economy and perhaps will be overcooled while at hwy cruise
Either answer the question or don't. It is pointless to respond to a question that wasn't asked in the first post, then follow-up with a long-winded statement claiming "read the prior 140 posts and you'll find it".

If you THINK I don't understand how a simple fan and a simple thermostat work well then, you just proved that you failed to read or comprehend the question and the post.

Here's a tip Blurred, if something seems fuzzy to you and you don't understand the statements and questions, TRY RESPONDING BY ASKING FOR CLARIFICATION.

Fan activation is part of the ecu tune, this software only allows modification of modules, nothing about the tune. You can only access that through an AP or other tuning software.
He apparently understood the question, and attempted to answer. This is all that was required. Simple and to-the-point, no dramatics. For this part, thank you.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I'm re-reading all the post but I have not found this. Has anyone figured a means to disable the TPMS light in the cluster? Secondly to start the car and the default is traction control off?

Funny as I enabled mine. I wanted my small car to be more visible. Happy with the dipped headlights.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I'm running a custom retrofitted headlight using corolla LED low beams that don't work properly in DRL mode with the reduced voltage on the Ford DRL circuit. I also prefer to do things manually. Auto mode still works fine as well.