Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone use the FORScan software before?

Has anyone had any experience with this FORScan software?

I've seen mention on other forums for different Ford vehicles being able to turn on global window control and a number of other things.

Global Window control would be cool, not sure what else is an option to edit. Looks like the Focus RS guys use it to permanently disable auto stop/start.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Hard to believe no one here is using FORScan. I just started. Would love contact with other Fiesta ST owners using it.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I've made a thread about changing the Sync3 splash screen and plan on making a discussion thread once I get my Windows tablet so I can play with it and see what all can be changed.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I've made a thread about changing the Sync3 splash screen and plan on making a discussion thread once I get my Windows tablet so I can play with it and see what all can be changed.
Yes, I see that thread but it doesn't apply to me as I have a 2015 FiST with Sync 2, MyTouch. I've just done the NAV upgrade and am looking to enable the rear backup camera function and add a camera so I can finally use what will be free on the 2017's.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
There's already a thread about this
...about this? What is this? The Sync 3 upgrade? I've seen that but I don't have Sync 3, I have Sync 2. I did a Forum search for others using FORScan but didn't come up with anything else. Include a link if you know of others talking about using FORScan that have a FiST, as I'd like to be included in that. Thanks.

OP
allpurposeben
Thread Starter #8
Yes, I see that thread but it doesn't apply to me as I have a 2015 FiST with Sync 2, MyTouch. I've just done the NAV upgrade and am looking to enable the rear backup camera function and add a camera so I can finally use what will be free on the 2017's.
I'd like to see a wider discussion as well. People seem pretty fixated on the splash screen change which is really only scratching the surface of things that can be modified.

I have read about using FORscan to "hack" the sync 2 and turn on the nav and rearview camera functions. I am working on the rearview camera and ordered a micro usb to usb adapter so that I can use the AP cable to connect the laptop. I am just waiting on the camera to come in. I would like to do the nav, but getting a nav card was more expensive than the camera and I didn't want to spend a lot if for some reason it does not work. I will be spending next weekend installing it. I will update my on my progress. The only thing I am worried about is it was done on a FoST and I am not sure if the wiring on the screen is the same.

OP
allpurposeben
Thread Starter #10
Anyone used the FORScan software before?

My list of changes I'd like to make:

1. Disable Sirius completely (like it isn't even installed).
2. Set fogs to be on always with headlights, regardless of fog light switch setting.
3. Disable headlights coming on in auto mode when parking brake is on.
4. Disable audio continuing to play after ignition is turned off.
5. Global window control.
6. Auto close on sunroof.

Any other items people are curious if FORScan can manipulate?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
If by "already" you mean a month after the original question was posted.
Yes wise ass, a month after it was asked, but as you can see below some people actually added to the discussion instead of offering nothing. I did a search and found no other discussions about FORScan. I've used it to unlock some nice features and figured if people pooled their knowledge it could help us all. But I disgress...

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
My list of changes I'd like to make:

1. Disable Sirius completely (like it isn't even installed).
2. Set fogs to be on always with headlights, regardless of fog light switch setting.
3. Disable headlights coming on in auto mode when parking brake is on.
4. Disable audio continuing to play after ignition is turned off.
5. Global window control.
6. Auto close on sunroof.

Any other items people are curious if FORScan can manipulate?
Some of these may be doable. We need to share information, that was the discussion I was trying to get going. Another forum has 120+ pages about FORScan. Some of that knowledge applies to us.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I have read about using FORscan to "hack" the sync 2 and turn on the nav and rearview camera functions. I am working on the rearview camera and ordered a micro usb to usb adapter so that I can use the AP cable to connect the laptop. I am just waiting on the camera to come in. I would like to do the nav, but getting a nav card was more expensive than the camera and I didn't want to spend a lot if for some reason it does not work. I will be spending next weekend installing it. I will update my on my progress. The only thing I am worried about is it was done on a FoST and I am not sure if the wiring on the screen is the same.
It is doable! Ask me how I know. Older map cards are cheaper on eBay and more affordable. Just search around and you'll find one to fit your budget. It's not like you have to change the maps every year.

Yeah, cheapest I found was $30 for a A6 card. I just wanted to be sure it would work since I haven't found anything about a FiST owner doing it. I was just more interested in the rearview camera since my rear tint is 5% and I have already backed over my kids bike. I would be interested in hearing what others have unlocked.

OP
allpurposeben
Thread Starter #15
Absolutely all of them are doable, it just depends on how much trouble one has to go through to get them. Most will be more than simple changing a value with FORScan, they'll involve custom CCC programing, which is a bit outside the scope of FORScan.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Yeah, cheapest I found was $30 for a A6 card. I just wanted to be sure it would work since I haven't found anything about a FiST owner doing it. I was just more interested in the rearview camera since my rear tint is 5% and I have already backed over my kids bike. I would be interested in hearing what others have unlocked.
PM me and I'll tell you how to do it. You only need the OBD Bluetooth adapter and a card. I'm also using an A5 card that I picked up last year. It still works fine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm interested in this as well. I have sync 3 and interested in rearcam and nav. Also want would love to get rid of the stupid double honk that I imagine annoys everyone.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I've tried disabling the double honk but apparently the Focus, which you can do it on, uses a different key system and for now, doesn't seem to be changeable on the FiST.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I'm going to attempt the camera next, so let's compare notes!

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I'm interested in this as well. I have sync 3 and interested in rearcam and nav. Also want would love to get rid of the stupid double honk that I imagine annoys everyone.
I know the F-150 guys have been able to disable the double honk. I don't have it with my Sync 2 version. But I'm happy to help you get the code(s) that worked for them. A lot of the codes are shared within the Sync platform for all models.