Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone use the FORScan software before?

This is interesting that all these new options are being discovered; I should probably set aside a few hours to try some of this stuff

If you guys post how to do global windows and chimes and stuff I'm buying that other bluetooth thing immediately. I want global window and backup camera so bad.

So I messed around with Forscan for the first time last night and it's pretty cool. I used the f150forum link to change a few things including adding navigation and removing the shift light. I plan on doing more things but the 0 degree weather makes it suck to sit in my car while it's not running. I would like to add the reverse camera once we can figure out what parts are needed and I want to get rid of the annoying door/seat belt chimes but I can't with my current reader situation...

The OBD2 port reader I have is the Launchh Mini ELM327 that I got for $12 shipped on ebay (link) and it works, but I am not able to see all the modules. I need to access the BCM and IPC modules for the light and chime changes I want to make but they just don't show up with this reader. I may do the switch mod from a few posts above or I might just have to bite the bullet and get a better reader.

For anyone having trouble with navigation, I bought a card off ebay for $35 and followed the f150forum google doc instructions (link). I already had sync 3.8 installed, so I downloaded the navipatch file and went on my way but when it was done and should have worked, it didn't. Turns out I had to download and install the navigation update even though I had sync 3.8 already. Once I ran that update, it read the card and my car now has working nav.

If anyone has questions feel free to ask or shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to help out

So it looks like a no go on global windows. On the Forscan site, there were some comments from the Euro Fiesta crowd about needing some sort of "comfort window" package, so we may be lacking a module.

TacoCat, Forscan works fine with the car running, so you (much like me!) can run the heater while you're working. When you tell it to write settings, it'll prompt you to shut the engine off.

Oh, and it looks like there's a headlight type setting, so you folks with the Euro headlights may be in luck.

This software has so much cool potential. It'll only get more fun as people figure out more functions.

Oh, and it's able to access the rest of the non-ecu modules, such as abs, which is awesome for troubleshooting!

Did anyone see that they disabled the double honk? Does it work on the fiesta and if so how do I do it?

Did anyone see that they disabled the double honk? Does it work on the fiesta and if so how do I do it?
I think we'll have to decipher the as built codes to do that. It's been figured out on a bunch of Fords already, but we don't have the matching string of code. I'm working on deciphering them, but it's not very easy.

I'm trying to figure that out for the newer sho also people have done it for pre 2016

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

KKaWing

The cheapo scanners won't be able to get the "ms"-can ms being medium speed. You'll need to find an ELM327 with a toggle switch or get the oblink MX $$$.

I was hoping for that too. Unfortunately, that string of code doesn't show up in our AB list. I'm sure it's in there somewhere. I've pulled the AB codes for about twenty different variations of Fords so far, and starting to make headway on what means what, but it's a long slow process. Killing the double honk is my goal.

So it looks like a no go on global windows. On the Forscan site, there were some comments from the Euro Fiesta crowd about needing some sort of "comfort window" package, so we may be lacking a module.

TacoCat, Forscan works fine with the car running, so you (much like me!) can run the heater while you're working. When you tell it to write settings, it'll prompt you to shut the engine off.

Oh, and it looks like there's a headlight type setting, so you folks with the Euro headlights may be in luck.

This software has so much cool potential. It'll only get more fun as people figure out more functions.

Oh, and it's able to access the rest of the non-ecu modules, such as abs, which is awesome for troubleshooting!
The headlamp type thing doesn't seem to have any effect for US cars with the euro headlights, unfortunately. There are more wires on the headlamp side of the harness than there are on the car side. No parking lamp on the EDM, but addition of the LED DRL with two brightnesses, and a headlamp leveling motor for the projector.

"comfort windows" sounds like load sensors that auto-reverse the window if they encounter a limb or a baby or something. It would make sense

also I'm with tacocat on the cold thing. no idling allowed in my parking garage

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I'm happy to see people sharing what they've figured and how to do it. Those F150 forum people have nothing on us. Hahaha. But I'm thankful for them because most of what I learned before I started playing for FORScan I learned from their site. I've have that reverse chime on for a week's worth of driving and I'll be disabling it tomorrow. It does get rather annoying.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bluedrank

I'm happy to see people sharing what they've figured and how to do it. Those F150 forum people have nothing on us. Hahaha. But I'm thankful for them because most of what I learned before I started playing for FORScan I learned from their site. I've have that reverse chime on for a week's worth of driving and I'll be disabling it tomorrow. It does get rather annoying.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
We need some type of overview post on the stuff we've learned how to do, for those of us that don't want to read through 10 pages of posts.

Finally got my obd2 cable today and was able to activate navigation. Looking forward to playing around with it.

Just about anything you do to your car without the "expertise" of a ford tech. has the potential to void warranties. If for some reason you brick SYNC and they determine you were in the system then they can deny your claim. However, I am not sure if it is like flashing tunes where there is a record of program overrides and changes to the system.

So what can you do with this thing? Theres like 20 pages worth of stuff and I really don't feel like reading through 19 3/4 pages of people asking what it does.

Main things so far are installing navigation on a SYNC 2 system with non-navigation. Turning on rearview camera function is another.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk