Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

For those that were following - System Updates

antarctica24

I have purchased a Mosconi Aerospace Processor in lieu of the Precision Power Processor, which I will be listing on ebay shortly. I have not used it, but I wanted something more up scale from an output voltage standpoint.

I know everyone hates the metra dash kit, but having to choose between better sound quality and aesthetics sound quality wins every time. This kit is not a direct replacement, so I am letting Car Toys here in Spokane do the work for me. I will post pictures when it completed.

The radio I have chosen to go with is the Alpine CDE-HD149BT. This unit has 4 volts out, and an AUX input in the rear which will allow me to connect my tablet with outboard DAC. I believe I am going with a 10" and doing an install like the Mercedes or BMW that has the screen in the wind approach.

The tweeter of choice that I went with is the Morel piccolo, that keeps it in the family with the rest of the speakers.

I am also opted against the 6.5 in the door and decided to go with a 9 on the door using the door as an enclosure. I will post pictures as this progresses.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Subscribing to this thread.[wrenchin]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, I am curious as well, but want to keep a stock looking dash (for less break-in/theft temptation), NO added weight, and due to the fact that my hearing is so bad, it does not matter anyway. LOL

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #6
Yes, I am curious as well, but want to keep a stock looking dash (for less break-in/theft temptation), NO added weight, and due to the fact that my hearing is so bad, it does not matter anyway. LOL
I get that! I am doing it for the last time. I have competed, owned 2 shops, and built several audio vehicles. Im doing it while I still have my hearing. :)

I completely get that a lot of people would not go to the extreme I am going and some of the install conventions I will be using will be things that most people would not dare do or want to do. Just like a car, audio is a very personal thing. You do what you like right? For every 10 systems Ive sold to people who wanted to keep the stock look, I have sold another 10 that wanted a custom look. The problem with stock with one small exception to Rich Inferrea in Watertown Ma, He stuffed a lot of stuff in a Honda CRX called little yellow, which included, 4 10" subs, seperates in front and back, center channel and Alpine radio, two a/d/s pq-10 amps, and sitting in the car you could not see any of it, is you cant do the same things with a stock look that you would do with a custom look. You have to settle more times than not, with what will fit instead of what would sound better. The CRX was the most impressive install I have ever seen to be made to look stock. The last time I did this, we custom built a dash, and custom made a suspension system for the subs because they were in the front of the car. You have to do what you need to do to get the sound the best it can be and not just what will do, at least that has always been my philosophy.

The tablet will be removable for theft reasons. The radio is only $250.00 the trunk area will be locked down with a door with opening for subs. It will be a little extra weight but the new turbo will resolve all of that for me :)