Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford's Estimated 0-60 times and Highway MPGs changed for the FiST: Reasons?

I compared the specs for my 2014 FiST with a new 2017 using the VINs on the Ford ETIS website. And I could not find any differences in gears, axle ratios, etc. However, elsewhere, I did find that Ford's manuafacturer's suggested performance data changed. Highway MPGs went from 35 mpg(2014/15) to 33 mpg(2016/17) while 0-60 times went from 6.5 sec.(2014/15) to 5.9 sec.(2016/17). Does anyone know the reason(s) for the changes? Equipment, programming, etc.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Were the new numbers the ST200, perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I compared the specs for my 2014 FiST with a new 2017 using the VINs on the Ford ETIS website. And I could not find any differences in gears, axle ratios, etc. However, elsewhere, I did find that Ford's manuafacturer's suggested performance data changed. Highway MPGs went from 35 mpg(2014/15) to 33 mpg(2016/17) while 0-60 times went from 6.5 sec.(2014/15) to 5.9 sec.(2016/17). Does anyone know the reason(s) for the changes? Equipment, programming, etc.
Any difference in tires? Maybe wider stickier rubber? Doubt it, but if they put wider stickier rubber could def improve 0-60 time and hurt fuel efficiency. Again I doubt it, but just a thought.

5.9 0-60 has to be wrong...unless they changed to a tire that yields sub 2.0 ft times...

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
For the MPG I can confirm that the way the tests were done are different than how they are done now. Now they are more real world instead of a number that no one could achieve. ALL manufacturers had this change mandated on them. As for the 5.9 0-60 ya don't believe it.

Zormecteon

perhaps.. a final gear change.. I seem to recall something about it, but can't remember where or when. That would lower both figures, mpg and 0-60.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
This is all useless speculation. 0-60 times vary by publication, driver, weather/temp, tires and road conditions. For example on the 2014 FiST Road & Track has 0-60 mph time listed as 6.7 sec, Motor Trend:6.4 sec, Car & Driver: 7.0 sec & Edmunds reports 7.1 sec 0-60 times. That's a huge spread. Looking at the spec sheet, everything looks the same as years past, so I chalk this up to optimistic marketing. My .02

This is all useless speculation. 0-60 times vary by publication, driver, weather/temp, tires and road conditions. For example on the 2014 FiST Road & Track has 0-60 mph time listed as 6.7 sec, Motor Trend:6.4 sec, Car & Driver: 7.0 sec & Edmunds reports 7.1 sec 0-60 times. That's a huge spread. Looking at the spec sheet, everything looks the same as years past, so I chalk this up to optimistic marketing. My .02
I was quoting what mountune and Ford have posted in marketing etc. Yes your right these are claimed times and greatly depend on the driver doing the launch. Most of these magazines have professionals that know what there doing and can get the most out of any car. Personally my best launch was 6.7sec and even after installing the MP215 couldn't do any better, probably because of the extra torque available thus extra wheel spin if not managed correctly. My main reason for posting was that the poster above said that with mp215 it would do 0-60 in 5.9sec which I believe that time to be very unrealistic all things considered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk