Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Iphone OBD2/OBDII/OBD 2 gauge software

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
So work is ponying up to upgrade my phone. Unfortunately it will be an iPhone 6S. I'm an android person but free is free. So since the Mountune AP3 is limited in gauges I was thinking of getting a Bluetooth or Wifi OBD2 dongle and run a software on the phone for some gauges/information like boost, temp, etc... you know everything that is on the Cobb AP3 while driving. I would get a magnetic mount for the phone.

Question I have to yous all what have you tried and liked/not liked. Personally I played with Torque Pro and it is not to bad.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Like said above dashcommand is pretty good but I wouldn't go with a wifi obd. I have one that is wifi and it's to slow to actually use as a live gauge. I'm pretty sure the Bluetooth ones log faster.

Data refresh shouldn't matter between BT and wifi, CANslow is slower than either.

I'd recommend a BT adaptor solely because it's a little easier to use. You don't have to switch wifi networks and when attached to a wifi dongle, the phone thinks it's attached to a wifi access point and tries to use it to send/receive data (not CAN data, general data like push notifications or live maps, etc).