Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Those tuned with a GT2554, opinions please

I'm clearly missing something so excuse my ignorance. Does the stock exhaust manifold not just bolt right up to the ATP turbos?

OP please post up some logs and reviews when you get your kit on, I'm curious to see the gains, we haven't or at least I haven't seen any comparisons/results from porting w/atp kits.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
The turbo is not restrictive. It's the ATP manifold adapter/manifold itself that is restrictive
Correct, sir!

Can you clarify? Are the ATP turbo's terribly restrictive coming off the exhaust manifold?
I'm clearly missing something so excuse my ignorance. Does the stock exhaust manifold not just bolt right up to the ATP turbos?
As [MENTION=1812]fiestastdaily[/MENTION] mentioned, it uses an adapter that attaches to the stock manifold then the turbo mounts to the adapter with a v-band clamp. It is considered a bottleneck (and I suspect) that is why so many people consider these kits "laggy." So I am getting the exhaust manifold ported and then the ATP adapter to match the bigger bore of the modified exhaust manifold. Here are before pictures of the adapter, I will post after pics once it arrives. I believe a few people have done this before, but nobody has shared their thoughts or improvements afterwards.

Correct, sir!

As [MENTION=1812]fiestastdaily[/MENTION] mentioned, it uses an adapter that attaches to the stock manifold then the turbo mounts to the adapter with a v-band clamp. It is considered a bottleneck (and I suspect) that is why so many people consider these kits "laggy." So I am getting the exhaust manifold ported and then the ATP adapter to match the bigger bore of the modified exhaust manifold. Here are before pictures of the adapter, I will post after pics once it arrives. I believe a few people have done this before, but nobody has shared their thoughts or improvements afterwards.

Who is porting yours if you don't mind me asking?

Okay I think I'm all caught up now hah. One thing I've been wondering is if the "Garrett GT2560r" that is found in the 290r quickspool kit is the same 2560r that can be bought from ATP....

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Okay I think I'm all caught up now hah. One thing I've been wondering is if the "Garrett GT2560r" that is found in the 290r quickspool kit is the same 2560r that can be bought from ATP....
It is the same turbo, but Deadhook includes a exhaust manifold that is superior to the stock manifold, a downpipe, charge pipe, etc. the Deadhook kit is great. If you ever want more power you are a simple turbo swap (and aux fuel) from 300-400whp!

If you're dead set on 275-300ish whp you might want to consider a hybrid turbo.. I had the original cyborg which made 240whp. While it was cool, since going big turbo I wish I had done it from the beginning

I'm not really set on anything at the moment, i'm just trying to piece all of this together. From what I've read so far, people complain about the quality of the ATP turbos, and rave about the quality of the DHM turbos yet it turns out that they are the same? I understand that the components included in the quickspool kit are top knotch, but the turbo itself is the same so someone is not giving honest reviews lol.

I'm not really set on anything at the moment, i'm just trying to piece all of this together. From what I've read so far, people complain about the quality of the ATP turbos, and rave about the quality of the DHM turbos yet it turns out that they are the same? I understand that the components included in the quickspool kit are top knotch, but the turbo itself is the same so someone is not giving honest reviews lol.
It's still a Garrett turbo in both kits, but atp simply uses adapters to mount it in stock location. Besides the CHRA itself, just about everything is different on Deadhooks kit. Deadhook uses a custom manifold, external wastegate, v band housing instead of adapters, and it spools 5-700rpm faster than atps kit- using the "same" turbo.