Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Sheboygan
    State
    WI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeTurbo View Post
    My fiesta st is the 2016 and I got the Mishimoto full pipe cold air intake. Here is a link to it. https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-fiest...take-2016.html
    Conveniently, we've got the same year cars, as well as the same intercooler, hard pipes, and intake companies. Take a stroll over to Mishimoto's vendor forum, you can read all
    about our issues. Dollars to donuts says you've got the same problem many of us had. They have a replacement part they'll send you for free, you just need to file a ticket with their customer service department.

The 2016's are crazy finicky over cold air intakes.

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Canada
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCS12 View Post
    Conveniently, we've got the same year cars, as well as the same intercooler, hard pipes, and intake companies. Take a stroll over to Mishimoto's vendor forum, you can read all
    about our issues. Dollars to donuts says you've got the same problem many of us had. They have a replacement part they'll send you for free, you just need to file a ticket with their customer service department.

The 2016's are crazy finicky over cold air intakes.
    haha thats awesome! And I'm glad I'm not the only sucker with the CEL coming up after the Intake install. I emailed mishimoto and hopefully they can pinpoint my problem. Thanks for your help man!

Senior Member 614 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Blaine
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

It's because you bought a 16' and not a 15'.....15's are just plain better overall.
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Canada
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonFiST View Post
    It's because you bought a 16' and not a 15'.....15's are just plain better overall.
    Well........ now that... was just wrong. haha!

Vendor 329 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    New Castle
    State
    DE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there @CallmeTurbo,

Sorry to hear you are getting this code, I see Nick from CS is working with you to get this resolved. If there is anything you need, feel free to reach out via PM!

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Hampton roads
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeTurbo View Post
    Hey guys so I wasn't gonna post about this but I am at a loss for words. So me and my dad put a new CAI and Mishimoto intercooler on my car this past saturday and now I keep getting a P04DB code. And above that it says ECU. I had no problems with stage 1 but when i got the Intercooler i switched to Cobb stage 2 and boom got the code again. So i then switched to a Mountune stage 2 and got the same code again. (I had just cleared it too) Since ECU is always on the list i keep thinking it could be just a bad tune. But then again it could be my CAI. I have checked all connections and now on stage 1 and not had a code in about 1 day after driving it hard although it will peak at 20lbs of boost and hold at 18 at full throttle. I dont know if thats normal or if i may have a boost leak somewhere too. Also not sure if the computer would detect a boost leak and maybe throw the code? I'm not sure. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated since the nearest Ford dealership thats not assholes is a hour and a half away.

UPDATE: I got in contact with Mishimoto and they were very cool. Before I get to what i think may be the problem I will say that I took the Intake pipe off and connected that Crank case hose to the factory one and noticed it was kinda hard to get it to clamp on. There was alot more resistance and it just clicked on the factory one alot better. But when I tried the Aftermarket pipe it was pretty easy and kinda loose too. I can almost guarantee thats my issue. Mishimoto was very cool about it and offered me a Exchange. So i thought about it and came up to a conclusion, I'm gonna just use the stock part of the intake that attaches to the turbo and get the half one they offer instead of the Full pipe Intake. Can almost 100% say that will fix it. Either 2 things is the problem. That connector was just a smidge to big or maybe one of the 2 orings on my crank case hose is damaged somehow (I checked them and they are fine but you never know) But I do think this should fix it. Also to the boost concerns I was having above, I did take the bumper off again (which I hate doing) and checked my hose clamps and about 5 were loose. Evidently I didn't tighten them enough. Will update soon!

FINAL UPDATE: SOLVED! Ok So I got the Mishimoto replacement pipe and got it put on and noticed it didnt have a Spot for the mass air flow sensor. So I had to take it back off completely. I went ahead and put the Other Mishimoto one back on and now the Check engine light hasn't come on in 2 days so I think It is fixed somehow. I'm clueless on how it is fixed now but I have no CEL anymore and it used to come back after a 10 minute drive after clearing it. So I'm gonna go ahead and say this is fixed. This was nothing but a pain in my arse. Lol
    Ever get this figured out?
    2008 vw rabbit(totaled), 2006 civic si(sold), 2010 vw gti(sold), 2016 fist mishi intake, cobb rmm, vogtland springs, TRS retrofit stuff, Levels intercooler, Mountune Hot side charge pipe, JSTuned with a corn blend, powrflex engine and transmission mouts, tune+ turbosmart wastegate, morimotto led xb fog lights, Turbosmart wee port bov(whoosh kit), ST2 focus st recaro seat upgrade(future mods, dekagrams with tires)

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Westland
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviving a dead thread here, but I've been throwing this code randomly for the last year or so. Never threw it on the stock intake. I had the cp-e intake installed for about a year and would threw the code maybe a handful of times. I've since switched to the 2j intake and have thrown the code twice already in a month. I've checked the PCV hose connection and there's no way it is disconnected or leaking in any way, as it is hose clamped very tightly on both ends. Also have a 2016, plagued by CEL issues.

I may just have my tuner disable the code once I install my hybrid turbo. My heart drops everytime the CEL pops up until i see that its the same P04DB code and not something major wrong.

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Canada
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiester View Post
    Reviving a dead thread here, but I've been throwing this code randomly for the last year or so. Never threw it on the stock intake. I had the cp-e intake installed for about a year and would threw the code maybe a handful of times. I've since switched to the 2j intake and have thrown the code twice already in a month. I've checked the PCV hose connection and there's no way it is disconnected or leaking in any way, as it is hose clamped very tightly on both ends. Also have a 2016, plagued by CEL issues.

I may just have my tuner disable the code once I install my hybrid turbo. My heart drops everytime the CEL pops up until i see that its the same P04DB code and not something major wrong.
    Hey man, Ok sorry but I actually sold mine last year but I will tell you how I fixed mine. So I bought a mishimoto CAI that was a full pipe cold air intake. And right after I installed it I kept getting the P04DB which was about to drive me completely up the wall. I tried a new hose connection on the pcv hose and a new rubber seal to try and fix it but to no luck it was still giving me a problem. So what I did is kinda made my own intake. I took factory intake tube and cut it in half right after the pcv connection and then cut my cold air intake tube right after that connection. Essentially what I did was use my OEM air intake tube and cut after the pcv hose connector so I could use the oem connector and since I cut it I just used a rubber hose connector to fit the half metal CAI to the other half OEM piece that went to the turbo. That way for the PCV connection it was OEM. I ended up driving for about 2 months after that with no codes thrown. I dont know why but some companies cant match that pcv port on most intake tubes. I have heard of people switching to different brands and still have the problem. I am not sure if you have tried that but other people on here have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12