Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Grey ghoSTing

jayrod1980

Where did you buy those headlights again? Are they the German ones? How much did you have to fiddle/tap/splice the fuse box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
N
Thread Starter #22
Where did you buy those headlights again? Are they the German ones? How much did you have to fiddle/tap/splice the fuse box?

Sent from my iPhone
Fordpartsuk.com (always laugh when I look at that too fast)
Yep the left hand drive ones! All the part numbers are in this thread
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...-headlight-bulbs-and-LED-running-light-wiring
I think Wendy has changed her last name so that's not the right email but she does all the orders through the website for the US from what I gather.
And really once you crack open the plastic harness connection there really isn't much to it. No fuse box work, no splicing no tapping.
Just take your time with the picks and be gentle as you can and they are both installed in less than 45min.

OP
N
Thread Starter #23
IMG_2799.JPG
Did some important exterior decoration today![^]
IMG_2800.JPG
Also some interior decoration...
Shout out to [MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION]! Installed the short shift lever and the shifter plate bushings today(transmission bushings and adapter plate will be done at a later date). Have to admit I was thinking that there wouldn't be much of an improvement with this mod and that the price point was too high...boy was I wrong. Install was pretty fast...if I wasn't fixing a crack in my windshield it would probably been under an hour. If you're super OCD you could double that lol. I only lost one white plastic clip [MENTION=5098]ActiveArchST[/MENTION] ! Well first impressions: the whole shift mechanism seems tighter, stronger and more responsive. Instant smiles! The only complaint is im used to lazy shifting into fifth which is a little harder now; but still is way better than stock, miles better! I'll post more long term impressions as we go!

[MENTION=5684]Nightcrew13[/MENTION] That's a miracle haha glad to hear that most of the clips held together !! Enjoy the fresh new shifts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
N
Thread Starter #25
[MENTION=5684]Nightcrew13[/MENTION] That's a miracle haha glad to hear that most of the clips held together !! Enjoy the fresh new shifts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Shifting with a vengeance!
Oh yeah forgot to mention: Didn't trim the reverse lockout just to see how /if it would perform without trimming. Well it still works but the amount of distance it takes to move the lockout is now less than half. So the lesson is it may work for you without trimming, but if you like the longer positive lock of the stock shifter make sure you trim up!

OP
N
Thread Starter #27
I like where you have that build number plaque! I had mine there but it wasn't lined up perfectly and it drove me crazy haha
Yeah I'm not sure it's perfectly centered; and I'll definitely need to switch out to some better double adhesive tape at some point. Played with the idea of completely moving it to one side or the other so I wouldn't think about it being perfectly centered. But in the end it is where it is for now! Lol

OP
N
Thread Starter #29
IMG_2837.JPG IMG_2838.JPG
Rustoleum Truckbed Liner.
Cleaned the trunk out, little bit of wire brushing and hand sanding. One coat of hightemp primer(all I had) and then sprayed the whole can of liner. Nice even coats and the weather was perfect for paint.
Came out pretty clean and a lot thicker and harder than I expected! Just a quicker holiday upgrade to clean up the trunk and if it lowers the NVH at all I call it a win.

OP
N
Thread Starter #30
Performed 15k mile oil change today!
Added a KICS magnetic oil plug along with the FL400S filter and 4 quarts of Syntec. Had the NAPA platinum filter on there and the FL is about 3/8 inch shorter than the NAPA...weird. Will probably stick with the WIX in the future.
Also installed the CPE RMM today; pretty quick install and worth the higher cost since you do the to play with the stock bracket. Wish I had done this mod months ago, lot more responsive, car feels way less like a squishy econobox and more like a go cart! Really just a quick25 mike shakedown but to me the NVH increase is very minor. Feels like a small vibration through the seat and only slightly more with the AC on. Bottom line if you like motor sports and performance just get one!
Had to do this stuff in a rush before work pics to come soon!

OP
N
Thread Starter #31
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2989-Boomba-Racing-Short-Shifter-KIT?p=243530#post243530
Just a quick update there on making sure the Short Shifter behaves with a couple of pics...

Also didn't mention in the last update on the oil change that when I went under the car I made sure to check the braided mishimoto oil lines. For the most part SAT: no rubbing on the body or the AC piping which is good(heard/read a few negatives about that). But I did install the heat resistant wrap a little too close to the accessory belt...whoops. Not bad enough to damage anything but the belt was starting to dethread the wrap and pull it into the pulleys. No real damage though, couple of zipties around the wrap and pull the closer oil line into the further one and ziptied the lines together to secure that. Now there is clearance all around and still enough play for engine movement!

Just got my Pierce Bars in yesterday: once installed more pics to come and a gratuitous pic of the CPE RMM as well. Too busy with work again and no play!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The DEI/ThermaSheild/Fire Sleeve/HeatSheild/etc. split convoluted, heat reflective/resistant (silver/aluminum color) hose covering might be a better choice for those braided lines since they fit closer than, and are not dependent upon adhesives, like the wrap type stuff.

OP
N
Thread Starter #33
^^^The DEI/ThermaSheild/Fire Sleeve/HeatSheild/etc. split convoluted, heat reflective/resistant (silver/aluminum color) hose covering might be a better choice for those braided lines since they fit closer than, and are not dependent upon adhesives, like the wrap type stuff.
Thanks, I'll have to look up a few of those see what might be an improvement!

OP
N
Thread Starter #35
Got my StopTech SVT rear rotors on today along with Hel braided lines. The stock motorcraft SVT rotors had just about zero wear on them after ~8k miles. So rear brakes seem like they don't contribute very much to actually stopping the car lol? I might put them up for sale cheap if anyone wants to do their own SVT upgrade? Lot of Knicks and scratches on the stock rear powder coat. After getting the Mondeo calipers coated I really want to get these ones done too...ah well maybe next year.

IMG_3029.JPG IMG_3030.JPG

And the car is perpetually dirty. Pot holes and construction galore here in New England right now and still not one bend or wobble from the Rotas. I'm thinking it has to do with the "web of spokes" around the rim very happy with these wheels.
Fronts brakes will get done this week.
Update on the SS lugnuts from VMS: they look brand new still after ~8k miles and absolutely no signs of galling. I'll take a pic of one when I do the fronts. Definitely recommend them.
Bought some seat belt pads which I really like and a MOMO steering wheel cover which I really didnt. Found another MOMO wheel cover that I like a lot and that one is staying on! Pic to come.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
To clarify, you would sell the rotors AND the calipers? I might be interested, though I tend to agree that the rears don't do much lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
N
Thread Starter #37
To clarify, you would sell the rotors AND the calipers? I might be interested, though I tend to agree that the rears don't do much lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No sorry for confusion just the rotors(OEM Motorcraft for 2002-2004 SVT)

OP
N
Thread Starter #38
IMG_3071.JPG
So this is the Steering Wheel Cover I actually like! The first one had suede patches which felt great but were entirely too squishy and took away from the driving experience. This one much tighter and grippy and for $13 plus shipping I'm a fan!
IMG_3072.JPG
These are the used SS lug nuts. They are machined perfect and for anyone with similar/dissimilar or galling fears...HAVE NONE. No rust, stronger than aluminum!
IMG_3074.JPG
Lastly finally got my damn SICO 300mm brake conversion installed. Haven't put more than 25 miles on them yet but all the mixed reviews can be seen here -> http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/14331-Budget-big-brake-setup/page5

OP
N
Thread Starter #39
Oh yeah some reviews for the [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] OCC... cannot in its current configuration recommend it long term. I do believe that an OCC for our Cars is a good idea so to modify it because I paid some decent cash for the dang thing... here's how I hope to fix it:
IMG_3081.JPG
Removed the bracket from car, sandblasted and straightened the bent steel(cheap and thin). Welded some angle iron into the weak areas(although I may have left a weakness in between the angle and can). Gave it another quick blast...
IMG_3082.JPG
Tapped and drilled a third hole in the can halo (make sure to miss the inlet and outlets). Prime the bracket and cover with two layers of flat black!
I'll install next couple days and give some more feedback as we go.