Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Grey ghoSTing

IMG_2375.JPG
Keeping up relations with the law!
Not 100% sure where I want to take this car but I'll figure it out along the way...starting to lean towards upgrading the car the way Ford should have and keeping it in Sleeper Mode.

So finally have the direction I knew I was going all along; just a better way to express it would be "Street Touring". Pretty much turn the wick up "10%" better in every aspect of the car and have an attractive looking enconomy car that surprises everyone.

Last edited:
OP
N
Thread Starter #2
[MENTION=678]no-pistons[/MENTION] Four Pack well worth the purchase!!!
IMG_2402.JPG
Tried to go the [MENTION=2253]CanadianGuy[/MENTION] way with the tie down, but I couldn't get the filler to lay flat....I'll fix it at some point.
IMG_2405.JPG IMG_2403.JPG IMG_2404.JPG
Skid plate is kinda dark but guess that's what I get for flat blacking it!!!(Rubberized Rustoleum) Clearance is perfect install easy and great protection!
IMG_2407.JPG
Deadpedal is awesome; and the gas pedal spacer helps heel and toe. I think for my coordination level a 3D printed one would be better for me .

OP
N
Thread Starter #4
IMG_2443.JPG IMG_2445.JPG
Installed a Mishimoto OCC AND GFB DV+
Got them from Whoosh Motorsports [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] great prices(+forum discount) and instant shipping from Ron!
Quick test drive and everything works good. Boost on upshifts and downshifts feels "tighter" with the DV. I would definitely recommend getting the flexible ratchet extension because there would have been loads of swearing without it.
As far as the OCC the only thing I would recommend would be getting the V3 bracket as I had to take the headlight out because crash bar nuts are welded in place. But the new bolts threaded nicely through the nuts with plenty of bolt left to connect the bracket.
Both items are high quality pieces and excellent for "future proofing" the car.

OP
N
Thread Starter #5
Finally got home and got some new shoes IMG_2636.JPG
17x8 Rota Recce ET40 and yes "heavy" IMG_2637.JPG
These are the stock 205/40-17 stretched over with a stock suspension so clearance is perfect IMG_2638.JPG
The dishing is nice and shows of the brakes very well (changing soon) IMG_2639.JPG
Once the stock tread wears away some 215/40-17's will be on order along with something to squeeze down the wheel gap a smidge! IMG_2641.JPG
So yes vanity won out over lightweight performance, but even with only a 2lb drop per corner it's still noticeable. Only took them for a quick shakedown drive but the additional width albeit small and on stretched stock tires makes a difference. Very excited for when I get new rubber. Overall a very enjoyable car with a bunch more upgrades in the pipeline. IMG_2642.JPG
Stay Tuned[lovest]

jayrod1980

Very nice... should be no wheel gap stock with 215/40 tires. I'm rolling on 205/45s on the stock wheels in those newish Firehawk Indy 500's (Rebadged Bridgestone S03's) and they looks, perform, and feel amazing. Nice having tires that are 13 years newer in tread/tire design. Makes the Fiesta suspension almost plus now. But the important part is that they really eat up the gap. I know 215/45 aren't quite as tall, but still taller than stock.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^215/45s ARE very tall, but I'm guessing you meant to type 215/40s, which yes, would still eat up at least .25" worth of wheel well gap on the stock suspension over the factory 205/40s. ;)

BTW, Nightcrew13; those Recces look AMAZING on the magnetic, and I'm not even a big fan of lighter colored wheels on our color FiST. [thumb]
(I still want to see what the black Recces look like on the magnetic.)

OP
N
Thread Starter #8
Yeah it's tough 17" wheels have such a limited size of tire choice that won't rub...and perform.

OP
N
Thread Starter #9
View attachment 14557
Well I bet everyone can guess what we're doing here...
IMG_2683.JPG IMG_2684.JPG IMG_2685.JPG
Gross,blasted,baked...since November);
IMG_2686.JPG
So the SVT rotor covers the old rotor and the caliper; but like [MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] says: "For realiz's ?"
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/4222-New-Big-Brake-(Rotor)-Kit-Option/page21?styleid=10
So rusty SVT brackets, FoMoCo rotors, Auto Zone Maxi Pads, and a set of one man bleeders IMG_2687.JPG
And you too can have a set of HUGE rear BBK with really cool SS lugz IMG_2688.JPG
IMG_2689.JPG

OP
N
Thread Starter #10
First impressions without full bedding yet, it's pretty underwhelming. But for the overall price and difficulty it's not hurting any feelings. I imagine with some real grabby pads for someone who needs more on the track it's probably worth it. I've still got to bleed the front brakes and I'll give continuing impressions as the miles stack up!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
GREAT job! [thumb]

Thanks for posting up those stainless lugs, as that is EXACTLY what I was looking for to use on my black 1.2s! [:)]
(The titanium ones are WAY, WAY TOO co$tly, the steels are heavier and will rust if their paint is chipped, and the aluminum ones, even the top alloy numbers, will eventually stretch their threads and strip. [wink])

My only concern is IF these have the chance of 'cold welding' (due to being a different type/alloy of steel) to the grade whatever steel of the factory studs? [dunno]

OP
N
Thread Starter #12
GREAT job! [thumb]

Thanks for posting up those stainless lugs, as that is EXACTLY what I was looking for to use on my black 1.2s! [:)]
(The titanium ones are WAY, WAY TOO co$tly, the steels are heavier and will rust if their paint is chipped, and the aluminum ones, even the top alloy numbers, will eventually stretch their threads and strip. [wink])

My only concern is IF these have the chance of 'cold welding' (due to being a different type/alloy of steel) to the grade whatever steel of the factory studs? [dunno]
Thanks! Yeah they also have closed ended versions as well.
Same boat with me titanium too expensive, carbons too rusty and no way I trust aluminum. Usually SS will only cold weld to stainless and with NPT thread.
So I just put a smidge of synthetic grease on the studs, use a torque wrench and make sure everything winds on smoothly. Check your lugs often, very nicely machined and I have no worries.

OP
N
Thread Starter #13
So I've been busy...
IMG_2751.JPG [MENTION=4498]OffTheWall503[/MENTION] Once again I know you've left the FiestaST party but thanks for bringing the Euro headlights from Reddit to us! Love hitting the key fob every time I walk to my car and see the LEDS light up! This pic does no justice gonna have to get a night shot!
IMG_2753.JPG
Picked up a $40 Aluminum spare off eBay, little bit of weight savings, also this "Motorcycle" tire allows for an easy floor drop so I might be switching from the ST rear cargo to the regular Fiesta one in the future. Not in a rush.
IMG_2754.JPG IMG_2755.JPG
Put on the Boomba brake deflectors today, not sure since I don't track the car if their worth it but I can heat the brakes up pretty good on a few twisters here and since they had the Memorial Day sale I'm a sucker for bling! Also installed the rear Eibach sway bar(ghosted out in Magnetic instead of ST Red) and ripped off a few high speed exit ramps. Didn't notice any addition twitchiness with the still stock shocks and springs, will have to play more and report back.
IMG_2756.JPG
So we've got a few things going on in this pic; and if it's hard to tell I've got an oil cooler and a Big Mouth installed then the stealth is working. Looks like I picked up a high speed hitch hiker on the upper corner of the cooler next to the BigMouth though hmmm...
Yeah so last weekend I installed my Mishimoto oil cooler, CPE intake and the Velossatech all at once. Long weekend to say the least but got three for one install with the front bumper off. Now that everything is installed and I loaded the Accessport too there are a lot of temps to watch! (Sorry for no intake pics will get some soon). Also I'm not sure what's going on but once the car is up to temp it sounds like there is a supercharger coming out of the hood, anyone else have this similar sound?
IMG_2758.JPG
Well the Maxton corner splitters are growing on me, just a little touch of flair as the ST sits behind the alpha dog Ford of the family.

OP
N
Thread Starter #14
So we've got a few things going on in this pic; and if it's hard to tell I've got an oil cooler and a Big Mouth installed then the stealth is working. Looks like I picked up a high speed hitch hiker on the upper corner of the cooler next to the BigMouth though hmmm...
Apparently not stealth enough... while testing out the suspension tonight on an on-ramp someone in a G37X wanted to test me. Couldn't touch the Fiesta on the ramp but that is entirely too much car on the open highway. Pretty sure he had a few tricks under the hood.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
View attachment 14766
Picked up a $40 Aluminum spare off eBay, little bit of weight savings, also this "Motorcycle" tire allows for an easy floor drop so I might be switching from the ST rear cargo to the regular Fiesta one in the future. Not in a rush.
View attachment 14769
So we've got a few things going on in this pic; and if it's hard to tell I've got an oil cooler and a Big Mouth installed then the stealth is working.

Nice! [thumb]
IF I decide to get the Velossa Tech, it will also be 'stealth' black, as I will not buy it for the 'looks'.

What did you use to paint the No Pistons EVAP guard/skid plate?

Do you know the WIDTH of that alloy spare wheel, and is it too narrow to fit ANY full size (overall diameter, but still narrow width) tire on it?

OP
N
Thread Starter #16
IMG_2764.JPG
So this is a back road run(just cruising with a couple of light pulls)
98* ambient
Stock intercooler
Cobb Stage 1 tune

OP
N
Thread Starter #17
Nice! [thumb]

What did you use to paint the No Pistons EVAP guard/skid plate?

Do you know the WIDTH of that alloy spare wheel, and is it too narrow to fit ANY full size (overall diameter, but still narrow width) tire on it?
**Update** Ive been using the aluminum spare from my SVTF, as it weighted 22.3lbs., which was much lighter than the stock full size spare at 36.4lbs. However, the SVTF spare was a little too tall to fit nicely in the well, and it also had a dent in the rim. So, I decided to hunt down a lightweight aluminum spare from a regular(non ST) Fiesta. The lightweight aluminum Fiesta spare fits much better into the well(because it was designed to), and weighs in at only 19.8lbs. Thats a 16.6lbs. savings over the stock spare. As a side benefit, you can now run the trunk floor in the lower position. The ride did get slightly more choppy, but since I'm going to be adding the weight back, in the form of a subwoofer box, I'm not worried about it.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/3233-Lightweight-Spare-Tire
Great old thread there...

IMG_2766.JPG
Pretty good paint in between a heavy coat of paint and actual rubberizing; looks good so far!

OP
N
Thread Starter #18
IMG_2772.JPG
Sticker bomb collage. CPE intake with a [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] fix. Been running fine so far.
Still no issues with instability with the Eibach sway only installed, really just feels tighter overall.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
So I've been busy...
View attachment 14765 [MENTION=4498]OffTheWall503[/MENTION] Once again I know you've left the FiestaST party but thanks for bringing the Euro headlights from Reddit to us! Love hitting the key fob every time I walk to my car and see the LEDS light up! This pic does no justice gonna have to get a night shot!
I left but I'm still around! Glad you are enjoying them, they are great!