Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BROKE DOWN - Engine Control Unit DTC's / U1007

FWIW, I had a U1007 code set as well. It was caused by a blown fuse, located inline with the battery monitoring sensor.
There's a small single yellow / violet wire coming from the BMS, runs alongside the ECU enclosure, to a small connector which is attached under the red cover of the positive terminal. Inside of the connector, you will find a 3A light purple fuse.

This circuit is for battery monitoring. U1007 was set in my car, due to the battery terminals corroding; and then the corrosion finding its way into the connector and eventually blowing the fuse.
Your results may vary, but if you've had it on a battery tender, it may be worth it to check this fuse. See below.
View attachment 18032

Since my connector, battery terminal and battery were effed, I went ahead and replaced the battery.
See pics of corroded fuse holder.
The OEM terminals were so corroded, that I wasn't able to remove the positive terminal. So, I had to improvise with parts from Vatozone.
I found a terminal assembly off the shelf which fit, and then replaced the corroded fuse holder and section of wire with OTS parts.
Once my repair was complete, code was gone.

PM me if you aren't able to find it, I can help you :)
Were you noticing lack of boost/power at times when you have the code pop up or throttle inputs were on the laggy side? My positive terminal is caked with corrosion and I suddenly got unsteady pulls, sometimes it would do fine others it was sluggish feeling.

My car only experienced bucking a few times before I fixed this, but I placed the blame for that on a warped turbo transformer. It started acting up on the 52 between San Diego and Santee, so I pulled over and pulled the f@cker out.

My battery at that time, was caked in corrosion as well, so maybe it did have something to do with the bucking.
I only think that it didn't, because once I removed the TT, and BEFORE I found the blown fuse, the bucking stopped.

Check your cables and connectors around the terminals, it's very possible that corrosion is creeping its way through your harness.

I went ahead and did the same thing and replaced my battery. My positive terminal was so caked that it wouldn't come off too and went to vatozone and used some Marine battery terminal and made that thing work for positive. However haven't got around to that fuse you're talking about can't seem to fine which one.

I’m getting the same code with low power. Terminals look beautiful and the fuse looks fine. Voltage with ignition on is 10.5. With the car running it’s 13.8. Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk