Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Since ST's got no Sub love from Ford

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Well very happy with the sound IN the car now but I now have a buzzing /vibration from the bottom of the wing.
Has anyone had or dealt with this "sound" issue?
I'm thinking about filling the center of the wing with foam to tighten it up but not sure of the innards. if I fill it is the brake light replacement an issue if needed later?
Maybe you can place a thin cloth (like a blanket) under your sub to reduce vibration.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
Lite2
Thread Starter #22
I think you misunderstood, It's not the speaker box itself buzzing it's the rear spoiler. It vibrates on the bottom side just where the 3rd brakelight meets it.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I think you misunderstood, It's not the speaker box itself buzzing it's the rear spoiler. It vibrates on the bottom side just where the 3rd brakelight meets it.
I know, but that vibration is most likely coming from the sub. There is a lot of metal under the sub that could be transferring the vibration to the spoiler. Usually best to stop it at it's source or it might just go somewhere else next time.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
Lite2
Thread Starter #24
I do see what you're saying but I figure with the sub box being carpeted on top of being somewhat suspended from the floor with the velcro and laying on the spare I feel that it's just that the bass is loud enough to vibrate everything so I'm gonna just work on fixing the resulting rattle.
I'd rather have rattles than the sub I had at 1st that was unable to cause any :)

Yep, it's not a huge delay though. You have to really listen for it on certain songs..
Try reversing the phase of your subwoofer. Sometimes depending on the direction the woofer is facing
or the distance it is from the driver's seat you may need to switch the phase to have it sound good. It
is also possible it's not wired right currently and switching the phase my fix it.

Just reverse the speaker wires on the sub and do some listening.

That actually worked pretty well! I already bought the LC2i, not sure if I should return it or what
Try reversing the phase of your subwoofer. Sometimes depending on the direction the woofer is facing
or the distance it is from the driver's seat you may need to switch the phase to have it sound good. It
is also possible it's not wired right currently and switching the phase my fix it.

Just reverse the speaker wires on the sub and do some listening.

[@op]

is there anything that you would change about your current setup?
have you considered changing the door speakers/tweeters or did the amp,lc2i,sub combo fulfill your needs?

OP
Lite2
Thread Starter #28
[@op]

is there anything that you would change about your current setup?
have you considered changing the door speakers/tweeters or did the amp,lc2i,sub combo fulfill your needs?
I have never had a stock radio that stayed stock for long. Although I did think about amping and or replacing the door speakers I feel it's all OK for me now that it has some bottom end.
The sub is about the limit for a non custom box that still fits under the deck and considering the cost, sound ease of install and keeping the precious little cargo space I am very happy with what I have now.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Have you filtered the lows out of the full range speakers on the doors? It's amazingly inexpensive and easy to do and helps bring out clearer mids and highs coming through the full range speakers in the doors.

Sent using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts