Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Since ST's got no Sub love from Ford

I tried a small 8" Soundstorm amp'ed sub and it just wasn't enough so I went with this setup and quite happy.
I had the LC2 from my Focus SE and got the Kicker 8" sub and Skar 350.1d amp setup @ 2ohm for 250W.
For a total of around $300 And no loss of cargo area I'm much impressed with it now.

ST sub (Large).jpg

I Velcro'd everything down for easy tire access, not show material but functional.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Cool. Do the lights flicker when the bass is booming?

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
Lite2
Thread Starter #3
I don't drive a lot at night but nothing that I've noticed.
A friend said after I got the amp that the brand was good and under rated which made me feel good.
I do have it wired to the battery.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Nice, I'll have to check it out. I love underrated equipment.

Sent using Tapatalk

Is that the box that comes with that sup? I need that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Lite2
Thread Starter #7
Is that the box that comes with that sup? I need that...

Sent from my iPhone [/QUOTE

I don't have the Amazon link but it's the rt8, loaded box. Comes in 2 or 4ohm, i got the 2ohm. Its about $130

OP
Lite2
Thread Starter #8
How doesn't that LC2 work? Is it basically a fancy line out converter?
Basically yes. It also has a setting to compensate for the stock HU lowering the bass as you turn up the volume and gives a remote turn on from sensing the audio signal.

So with my set up, if I listen to music with a lot of fast bass like electronic/ trance, the bass is a little delayed... would that fix it?
Would you recommend getting one?

OP
Lite2
Thread Starter #10
Not sure why the bass would be delayed. Do you have a sub/amp installed now?

Based

How much weight did you add? I'm interested in getting a sub but I don't want to add TOO much weight.

Yep, it's not a huge delay though. You have to really listen for it on certain songs..

Based

Yep, it's not a huge delay though. You have to really listen for it on certain songs..
You are probably hearing just the song itself. It's hard to explain but speakers don't play all frequencies of bass at the same volume. I make electronic music and I deal with it all the time.

That sub and box combo is also on Sonic Electronix right now for $130 free shipping...ordered it less than an hr ago.

did you have to add a spacer to the sub-floor to keep the sub from kissing the floor? I ordered a cheap LOC so we'll see how the signal roll off affects higher volume bass.

OP
Lite2
Thread Starter #20
Well very happy with the sound IN the car now but I now have a buzzing /vibration from the bottom of the wing.
Has anyone had or dealt with this "sound" issue?
I'm thinking about filling the center of the wing with foam to tighten it up but not sure of the innards. if I fill it is the brake light replacement an issue if needed later?