Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trunk Opening Randomly?

So this weekend its happened 3 times. Randomly when driving my 'door open' warning light comes on for no reason, and this usually happens only when I open my driver door. After talking with a FoST owner, who had the same problem he told me it was the trunk coming open. Sure enough the next time the light came on, I only went to reclose the trunk and the light went off. Anyone else have this problem? Could it be the latch coming open under hard acceleration?

It seems like its super random, it even happened this morning when I got out to get gas. I get out, fill up, get back in and the trunk somehow is causing the light to come on, I still have to open the trunk with the button because it is latched, its just causing the light to come on....its really irritating.

I think there was a recall over this for the Focus hatch.

Mine does this when my pants are tight and the keys are in my pocket

Did you ever get this resolved? Today my rear hatch kept popping and i could hear a relay or something in the passenger footwell cycling every so often. Its been raining so i figure it had something to do with water getting into something.

The focus recall was to address the system allowing you to open the hatch via the button on the dash when you were in motion.

Different then my issue then. It seems to have stopped doing it for now. Pretty sure it was from the rain, forgot to mention it happened during an autox in the rain. Must of splashed water somewhere that it normally wouldnt get into.

Opmjuan

Different then my issue then. It seems to have stopped doing it for now. Pretty sure it was from the rain, forgot to mention it happened during an autox in the rain. Must of splashed water somewhere that it normally wouldnt get into.
Mine did that too but now it doesn’t pop open. Need help finding that rely or whatever is making the clicking noise